Wizards get a deal from Hornets - It should've been us

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:23 pm
Wow!... The Wizards got Okafor and Ariza for Rashad Lewis and a 2nd round pick??? The Wizards got something for nothing. Surely we could've offered a better deal than that for the Hornets(RJ and 2nd round picks). Those 2 guys would've been great for the team. Bogut, Lee and Okafor rotating in the front line would've been awesome and Ariza could've filled the hole at SF if we were unable to draft Barnes with the 7th pick.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 pm
I would rather have the cap relief of Rashard Lewis if it meant for us to parting with Jefferson and or Biedrens.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm
I'd probably take Okafor and Ariza, though Rashard's expiring contract would be something. I'd rather do a three team trade giving the 76ers Rashard and our #7, RJ and/or AB to Wiz and Iguodala to us.

Having Okafor and Ariza wouldn't be too bad, since Okafor expires in two seasons and he gives a bit, but he has regresses, not even blocking that many shots now, so definately not a good thing anymore. Probably find the Wiz will cringe at this deal in a year.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 pm
New Orleans did it for the cap relief, not because they were interested in Rashard Lewis and the pick. If anything, New Orleans were the one's who probably initiated a trade.

That trade is pretty damn good for both teams. Looks like the Wizards feel like they're done being a high lottery team and want to transition into a team that will make a playoff push in 2 or 3 years. They have a good core of players too. John Wall, Jan Vesely, Chris Singleton, and Nene. Ariza is okay, and although Okafor hasn't lived up to his expectations as a 2nd overall pick, he makes an excellent back up center. All that plus that possibility of Beal makes it look that much better.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:02 pm
Reckon the Wiz will pick MKG and they need a SF above all else.

Also, Rashard's contract may not be guaranteed for next season. If that is the case, then they could have about 35 million under the cap. They could essentially be able to get Dwight and Deron at max deals even. Gordon would resign and they'd just need a SF to have the best starting five in the nba, best that there's been for a long time I think. Not going to happen, but so much money to use.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:44 pm
This is another example of how skewed our perspective as fans become when we focus too much on how many zeroes a guy's check has.

No matter how much cash Shard makes, he's still 3 or 4 times the player Jefferson is. Not to mention, as a few others pointed out, Lewis expired quicker than RJ. Washington would have laughed us out of the building.

I love the idea of acquiring Okafor and Ariza, though. Talk about Mark Jackson type players; those guy are both ferocious defenders and make smart basketball decisions most of the time. It's a shame we didn't have a 19 million dollar expirer.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am
I proposed a trade centring around Okafor long ago in the forgotten Trade section but i had negative responses almost from all of you. I am surprised to hear you say now that we should do this trade.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 am
:scratch: Uh, not me.

32 wrote:I really like the idea of Okafor as a bench big. He's essentially an older Udoh with more strength. That contract is nasty, though. 12 turns to 13 turns to 14 million. That's essentially $40 million over 3 years. It gives the team a starter-in-waiting in case of injuries to a big guy. I'd do it. But you think NOLA wants Biedrins?

I stated twice that I would like to acquire Okafor. My only concern had to do with the trade itself: Biedrins wouldn't be enough to get him. And 8th, Ringo, and Crackerz didn't even respond in that thread, TRON. By "almost all of you"... Do you mean migya? :wink: Cause he's the only guy in this thread that didn't like your Okafor trade, until rockybeli or GSW Hoops Fan arrives?
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm
Technically almost all that commented had an issue, some with Okafor, some with his contract we don't need to go to details but i was left with the impression that the trade was considered a bad to mmm idea.

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm
You need to get off your high horse, Tron. Your tone lately has been very negative and no one is even calling you out or anything. Whats your deal, man.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:18 pm
I don't like Okafor right now. He is doing less than ever and is expensive. He doesn't do alot more than AB, so why even think about getting him. Wiz will look back in a year and realise they've made a mistake.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:19 pm
Sorry Tron, my account was even activated when you made that post about Okafor. I have no idea how much money these guys are making now or in the future. I was just saying as far as talent goes, the Warriors could use players like Okafor and Ariza to win games. Okafor would be great coming off the bench and he'd be a nice insurance policy in the event that Bogut or Lee get injured. I don't agree that Lewis is better than Jefferson let alone 3 or 4 times better(but that is only my opinion). I can see that the Hornets are trying to clear cap space and I thought that with our 30th pick and 2nd round picks that we could offer them a more attractive deal than what they got from the Wizards.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 am
8th ave wrote:You need to get off your high horse, Tron. Your tone lately has been very negative and no one is even calling you out or anything. Whats your deal, man.

What?????Get of my high horse??? Negative tone lately??? I hardly had any post lately. I didn't call out anybody either.Where did that come from.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 pm
Ringo wrote:Sorry Tron, my account was even activated when you made that post about Okafor. I have no idea how much money these guys are making now or in the future. I was just saying as far as talent goes, the Warriors could use players like Okafor and Ariza to win games. Okafor would be great coming off the bench and he'd be a nice insurance policy in the event that Bogut or Lee get injured. I don't agree that Lewis is better than Jefferson let alone 3 or 4 times better(but that is only my opinion). I can see that the Hornets are trying to clear cap space and I thought that with our 30th pick and 2nd round picks that we could offer them a more attractive deal than what they got from the Wizards.

Well, to be fair, I still see Lewis as a 15 or 16 PPG player in the right environment. You can't say that about Jefferson. Shard still has enough game to be a team's main gun on certain (but definitely not most) nights. RJ has morphed into a career backup.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:17 pm
TRON wrote:
8th ave wrote:You need to get off your high horse, Tron. Your tone lately has been very negative and no one is even calling you out or anything. Whats your deal, man.

What?????Get of my high horse??? Negative tone lately??? I hardly had any post lately. I didn't call out anybody either.Where did that come from.

Let's tone it down a notch, brochachos.

I totally get where you're coming from in terms of tonality, 8th, but TRON has cited his shaky English before as a medium of misunderstanding. Unless he personally calls out someone, I think it best to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to come off sounding arrogant or overbearing in a second language; I'm sure he's not doing it on purpose.

If you remember a user by the name of "martin", THAT was a brash prick. He was a non-English speaker, too, but he was a personal troll and bada & TMC's hit-or-miss style of ignoring a problem or heavy-handed banishment contributed heavily to the departure of coltraning when martin began following him thread-to-thread without reprimand. Sometimes, a simple slap on the wrist is all that's needed. TRON is several slots below that; most often, I assume harsh or forward language out of him is simply a mistaken translation that he didn't intend to be offensive.

That being said, TRON, it is a little strange to want to rub other member's faces in the fact that you wanted Okafor first. Perhaps next time, it'd be best to just reiterate your trade idea by way of a quote. The combative twist came when you claimed nobody else wanted Okafor. From what I understand, rereading the thread, that statement is not only provocative, but half-false as well. There was a good number of us that endorsed the idea of acquiring Emeka Okafor along with you.

At the end of the day, you're two of my favorite posters and you both contribute wonderfully to this forum. There's no need for beef just yet, gents.

Return to Warriors Basketball