2012 draft choice

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:29 pm
Unless someone massively eff's up, we will get first pick of the 3rd tier players in this draft.

Obviously, Anthony Davis is the prize.

And then there are 5 obvious secondary talents: Thomas Robinson, Bradley Beal, Andre Drummond, Harrison Barnes, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. They are all clearly a step above everyone else in this draft.

Most likely, we'll get our choice of whoevers left: Perry Jones III, Dion Waiters, Jared Sullinger, Damian Lillard, Jeremy Lamb, John Henson, Terrence Jones/Ross...

And the honest truth is that Philly, Memphis, or any other potential trade partner willing to give us a veteran SF will likely hold off on any deal until they see one of those 2nd tier players fall through. So both of our attractive options (veteran SF or 2nd tier draft talent) are both pretty damn unlikely. Sigh...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:25 am
Warriors' luck hey.

A trade partner is a must, otherwise go for the BPA and not worry about SF, at least not with the draft. Sullinger not having a healthy back is unfortunate for him, he could have had a decent career.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 am
Who knows? A 6 or 7-year career of Jared Sullinger may be the best option available; it would almost certainly limit him to a backup role, where he could spell Lee or Bogut and be Golden State's 3rd big. I'd almost rather go for that than 10 years of a lukewarm bench player like Terence Jones...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Without a lottery pick and in the need of some sort of shooting guard, Minnesota could be another trade partner. A guy like Beal, Lamb or Waiters could really help.

How about..

Dorell Wright, Andris Biedrins and the #7 pick to the Wolves for Darko Milicic, Jose Barea and the 18th pick. The cost to move up would be taking on Biedrins contract. They get their SG at #7.

For the Warriors...

18th = Moe Harkless - 6'8 SF St. Johns
30th = Drew Gordon - 6'9 PF New Mexico
35th = Evan Fournier - 6'6 SG France (leave overseas).
52nd = Henry Sims - 6'11 C Georgetown

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - JJ Barea - Charles Jenkins
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush (re-signed)
SF Moe Harkless - Richard Jefferson - Dominic McGuire (re-signed)
PF David Lee - Jeremy Tyler - Drew Gordon
C Andrew Bogut - Darko Milicic - Henry Sims
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:11 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Without a lottery pick and in the need of some sort of shooting guard, Minnesota could be another trade partner. A guy like Beal, Lamb or Waiters could really help.

How about..

Dorell Wright, Andris Biedrins and the #7 pick to the Wolves for Darko Milicic, Jose Barea and the 18th pick. The cost to move up would be taking on Biedrins contract. They get their SG at #7.

For the Warriors...

18th = Moe Harkless - 6'8 SF St. Johns
30th = Drew Gordon - 6'9 PF New Mexico
35th = Evan Fournier - 6'6 SG France (leave overseas).
52nd = Henry Sims - 6'11 C Georgetown

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - JJ Barea - Charles Jenkins
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush (re-signed)
SF Moe Harkless - Richard Jefferson - Dominic McGuire (re-signed)
PF David Lee - Jeremy Tyler - Drew Gordon
C Andrew Bogut - Darko Milicic - Henry Sims


Even though Wesley Johnson hasn't cracked up to who he's suppose to be, he'll get another year or two to develop before they pull the plug on him.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 pm
8th ave wrote:
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Without a lottery pick and in the need of some sort of shooting guard, Minnesota could be another trade partner. A guy like Beal, Lamb or Waiters could really help.

How about..

Dorell Wright, Andris Biedrins and the #7 pick to the Wolves for Darko Milicic, Jose Barea and the 18th pick. The cost to move up would be taking on Biedrins contract. They get their SG at #7.

For the Warriors...

18th = Moe Harkless - 6'8 SF St. Johns
30th = Drew Gordon - 6'9 PF New Mexico
35th = Evan Fournier - 6'6 SG France (leave overseas).
52nd = Henry Sims - 6'11 C Georgetown

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - JJ Barea - Charles Jenkins
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush (re-signed)
SF Moe Harkless - Richard Jefferson - Dominic McGuire (re-signed)
PF David Lee - Jeremy Tyler - Drew Gordon
C Andrew Bogut - Darko Milicic - Henry Sims


Even though Wesley Johnson hasn't cracked up to who he's suppose to be, he'll get another year or two to develop before they pull the plug on him.



That and that trade is no good for us. We could get more than that off the TWolves, like either Wes Johnson or Derrick Williams. I really think that'd give that, as they are overloaded at SF with those two and only one can rise to be the starter. I'd give the #7 straight up for either one of those two and that's it, but not sure they'd even do that, not unless one of the top six players falls at #7.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:39 am
I wouldn't be opposed to that idea 8th. I like the idea of bringing Darko here in that trade. We would have then two great defensive centers, and we would be set at that position, which was our biggest weakness for years. Milicic would be a huge upgrade over Biedrins, in my opinion.

Though, I do agree to some degree with Migya as well. I think we might squeeze a bit more out of the Wolves. One of their SF would be great, instead of Barea.
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:33 am
Darko does play pretty good defense, but he is not among the best there Guybrush. He has his moments, but at the very least I thought the guy would always be among the top shotblockers and though he does block shots, he just isn't get as much as I thought. He has his problems offensively, which also should have come around by now, but defensively he is not what he should have been, at least to me, though as a backup, about as good as it gets at Center right now that I can think of.

Pekovic looks like the choice at Center over there in Minnesota so Darko could be expendable, though it is a luxury having two Centers nowadays. They could get a Center in the 2nd round perhaps to replace Darko. Definately would make the team big and what a transition from years before.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 am
I would like to think they'd give Wesley Johnson more chances to succeed but the fact is, they haven't. He played 26 mpg in his rookie season and it dropped to 22 in his sophomore year. I can see his minutes going down even more this coming season and if does get more minutes, it would be at the SF position. I wouldn't mind the 7th, 35th, Biedrins and Wright for Johnson, Milicic and the 18th.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm
I think we're kidding ourselves if we honestly believe that Minnesota wants the 7th pick bad enough to handle Biedrins' contract AND give us a talent like Wes Johnson, Derrick Williams, or even Darko Millicic. It'd be one thing if Biedrins was a productive player, but come on now. If the 7th pick were so valuable (a) we wouldn't be shopping it to everyone and their mother, (b) we wouldn't be offering it packaged with additional picks and expirers like Wright.

The combine has really hurt our stock. Not only has Sullinger (whom we were almost certainly going to take) been red flagged, but the top talent has really be undisputably widdled down to a top 6... And we are on the outside looking in. Unless someone up top screws the pooch, you can kiss an established SF trade or a functional, immediately relevant draft pick goodbye. We are officially hoping for MORE luck...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:14 pm
There have been many reports/rumors that suggest Portland is strongly considering Lillard at #6. If they do go that way, we may land Drummond...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 pm
Drummond will be gone in the top 5. If Cleveland doesn't take him, Sacramento FOR SURE will. Ditto for Portland.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:I would like to think they'd give Wesley Johnson more chances to succeed but the fact is, they haven't. He played 26 mpg in his rookie season and it dropped to 22 in his sophomore year. I can see his minutes going down even more this coming season and if does get more minutes, it would be at the SF position. I wouldn't mind the 7th, 35th, Biedrins and Wright for Johnson, Milicic and the 18th.



I reckon that could be doable, maybe take out AB and Darko. I think that'd be a plus for us, depending who we'd get at #18. Wes Johnson does look like he has been dismissed as sorts as not starting material and the time to pounce on him is now. Much like Turner of Philly, he is low valued now and could be had. Whether he contributes here and is good enough to be the starting SF is another thing.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:21 pm
32 wrote:Drummond will be gone in the top 5. If Cleveland doesn't take him, Sacramento FOR SURE will. Ditto for Portland.


Well then that leaves us with either Beal or MKG. I don't see Robinson dropping below 4. It seems Barnes is pretty much guaranteed top 5 as well, especially after the combine. I would be shocked if MKG dropped below 5 as well though. I think Drummond is more likely to fall than MKG for sure, and probably more likely than Beal as well.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:58 pm
I don't see why Sac would pick up Drummond when you already have Cousins. I think the only obstacle between the Warriors and Drummond is Portland. If they pick Lillard with the 6th pick I'm definitely going to be jumping up and down.

Draft is in about a week. JUICED!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron