NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:08 am
check out Durants first four fouls... and tell me LeBron hasn't been doing just as much (if not more) contact when he is on D

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-o ... ss-to-heat

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 pm
The refs are definitely not helping the NBA's reputation right now, as alot people are figuring the league is favoring certain teams with calls and no call. These playoffs just add to that notion.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:56 pm
Did you see the one where James left pinky slightly touched D-wade?

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:14 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Did you see the one where James left pinky slightly touched D-wade?

No i did not see that one, but am sure it was a fool on the Thunder.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:19 am
Heat win game 4 to go up 3-1 and only one win away from the championship. Lebron again was aesome, but Chalmers equalled Wade with 25 points. Durant almost equalled Lebron and Westbrook went off for 43 points.

Thunder have to win the next one and then it goes back to OKC if they do.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 pm
Lebron James has finally done it, the Miami Heat won the championship for Lebron's first title. Miami won four straight after losing the first game. The big three of the Heat all had big games and Mike Miller was the surprise hitting seven threes and coming up big himself. Could be the start of something big for the Heat franchise.

The OKC Thunder didn't step up, but they look real good and likely will compete with the Heat in many finals series if both teams keep the majority of their players. Durant still a bit behind Lebron, but he is younger and should get even better. Westbrook looks like a superstar himself and could even get better than Wade.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 am
Yes, Lebron got his ring-I'm happy for him! Nice triple double to cap things off, really played well in these Finals. I was rooting for OKC but they aren't quite there yet. Man, Mike Miller was just money wasn't he? 7 3's?? Crazy...A couple of things I noticed, were they trying to play Durant at point to start the game? Later on he tried to bring it up the floor himself into three Heat players and I knew he was going to get the ball stolen...yep, that's what happened. Obviously Durant is going to be a Superstar for many years to come. But as tall as he is, dribbling the length of floor is easy pickings for the quick ball hawking players. . Another thing is Perkins--he is really a liability on offense. He really looks bad trying to score around the hoop. He doesn't seem to be aware of where the basket is... Yes he is a force on D but he is no Nate Thurmond-ha ha! And Nate could score-loved his jumper. What do you think the Thunder need to improve next year? A slight roster change perhaps, like a better big who can shoot? The Heat definately deserved to win the championship, they took care of business.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 am
The Thunder really have to think that they can't make many changes, if any at all, because they made the finals and were in it every game. Realistically though they should look to trade Perkins, whose value is high because he is a very good influence on the other players, for a Center who can play both ends. Who that is, is not known, but Perins is the liability, as Ibaka will onlt get better.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 am
Yeah, I agree-they shouldn't change the roster very much. A big that could work both ends of the floor, how about a pipe dream--Dwight Howard?! They'd probably have to trade Westbrook and/or Harden along with Perkins and lots of cash to make that happen. That's not an option. Could you imagine how good they could be? Ibaka yes, he'll continue to improve-he was showing some good flashes in his shooting. I really liked Sefolosha's D and how he guarded Lebron (made him work for it at least) , very good tough player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 am
They should go for a resigned Dwight, for a package like Perkins, Collison and Harden. That'll improve with that for sure and be monstrous.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:23 pm
Thunder lost becuase they got away from playing team ball. They overcame SA when they started to get away from the one on ones. However against Miami it was like they felt that it was Durant and Westbrook against James and Wade. The guys who really won the game for MIA were the rotation players. Battier, Miller, Cole, Chalmers. OKC was not getting what it needed from Fisher, Ibaka, Stefalosha, etc..
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:02 pm
anf1892 wrote:I like this topic very much.

Go away
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Previous

Return to NBA Forum