2012 draft choice

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:27 pm
32 wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:If Drummond falls at 7, and we are unable to trade the pick, do we take the risk and select him? And how long before he gets on the floor, remind you the guy is 6'11, 7'6 reach, 279 with just 7.5 body fat. He also shot 29 % from the free throw line.

If Drummond drops to 7, we're taking him. But I guarantee he won't be there. Cleveland wants him.

Yea, Drummond will be gone and likely in the first four picks, but if he was there, we'd have to take him and he'd be high trade value.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm
Great interview with Jared Sullinger. Seems like a really down to earth and intelligent kid. I was also pleasantly surprised once he started talking about our roster. I want this guy at no. 7.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/2012-draft- ... -sullinger

I'm gonna be PISSED if warriorsstepup doesn't grab him at no.7 in our mock draft game. I'm gonna go ape **** if you don't, warriorsstepup!!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:57 pm
8th ave wrote:Great interview with Jared Sullinger. Seems like a really down to earth and intelligent kid. I was also pleasantly surprised once he started talking about our roster. I want this guy at no. 7.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/2012-draft- ... -sullinger

I'm gonna be PISSED if warriorsstepup doesn't grab him at no.7 in our mock draft game. I'm gonna go ape **** if you don't, warriorsstepup!!

Security, Security we need security ASAP warriors diehard en-route.

I think Sullinger is the safest pick but it depends on how the draft goes, different scenerios different angles.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:If Drummond falls at 7, and we are unable to trade the pick, do we take the risk and select him? And how long before he gets on the floor, remind you the guy is 6'11, 7'6 reach, 279 with just 7.5 body fat. He also shot 29 % from the free throw line.

If Drummond drops to 7, we're taking him. But I guarantee he won't be there. Cleveland wants him.

Yea, Drummond will be gone and likely in the first four picks, but if he was there, we'd have to take him and he'd be high trade value.

Most drafts have the cavs picking between MkG, or Barnes which ever falls. Drummond has all the physical measurements if he falls I wouldn't be mad picking him up. Big men like that don't come around often, he will take time to develop, but there is no rush since bogut is on deck.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm
Sounded good, Sullinger, but to be honest, I think he is going to have problems in the nba. He is too small and too unathletic to have success. He'll have to be real smart to get by. He does remind me alot of Diogu, I think I said that a few weeks ago, but I was high on Diogu, who did perform well in the court time he got, but had the problem of being a bit short, not fast enough and not jumping that high compared to other PFs and Centers. Sullinger would have to be like Kevin Love, who has not only an enormous basketball IQ, but is not as heavy as Sullinger, which allows mobility, which Love has lots of.

I don't want Sullinger, who if kept would only be a backup anyway, likely one that finds it difficult to produce as well, but if he was traded for a very good SF, then pick him.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm
just read an article about the bulls wanting to trade deng for a draft pic? shouldnt we hop on that number 7 plus wright should be enough for a really good defender who can hit the 3 but the only red light would be the surgeries he decided to uphold for later on -.-

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 pm
The bulls would trade Deng, if it meant to save some money... they got a really cheap owner.

I would do the trade, personally. Though I would try to convince the bulls to accept Thompson, Wright and the #30 pick instead. Deng has 2 years left. It shows the warriors are serious about this season. He is a solid defender. He can help the warriors attract someone like Nash.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:15 pm
I don't want Nash, seems like we are building for the future while trying be competitive now and Nash only helps facilitate one of those goals. I like Thompson and would like to see him as a full-time starter at some point next season. So I like Shad's scenario more, but I doubt it will be enough, maybe have to throw some money in there.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:27 pm
omg jim barnett did a interview with PJ3 and last time he did an interview with klay is this forshadowing?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm
I wouldn't be upset nor surprised if they took PJ3 at #7. Its really hard to determine what kind of player he'll because of his mental makeup. He has the size and skills to be the best player in this year's draft, even over Anthony Davis, in a few years. He also has just as much of a chance to become the worst player because of his lack of motivation. He's not a "me" kind of guy but he just lacks fire. I'm not sure something like that can really change. No one grows into taking that big shot. You either have the balls to do it or you don't.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm
If e can't get Iguodala, GWallace or even Gay, I'd get Deng, what the heck, but for the #7 and fillers. I don't think Deng is that good to be honest, good, but not as good as the other three SFs I mentioned. It'd fill the SF hole and since his contract's over in two years, it is no long term commitment and can actullay use him in a trade in a year if wanted.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:24 pm
Back issues for Sullinger has been red flagged by doctors, reports go as far as doctors telling teams not to draft him in the first round because the back issues that could shorten his career.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Waiters moving up the boards, acording to Chad Ford's mock draft has the warriors taking him at 7 ? Dont know much about the dude.

Jon (Oakland, CA)

Your latest has the Warriors taking Waiters. I would love that picked and so would the Hollinger rater. Any chance they actually take him with Thompson already there?
Chad Ford
(3:29 PM)

Warriors are in a tricky spot. I think there is a consensus six guys. Davis goes 1. Then MKG, Beal, Robinson, Barnes and Drummond is some order. That leaves the Warriors stuck at the top of the third tier of draft prospects. They want a small forward, but there isn't a great option at 7. They've flirted with PJ3 and Terrence Jones as SFs, but I think they've realized it's a stretch for both players. I think there are two players left on the board who you can argue could be Tier 2 players: Waiters and Damian Lillard. Of the two, Waiters makes the most sense as a replacement for Monta Ellis. They have very similar games. As for Thompson, they either use Waiters as a third guard or perhaps Thompson can take some minutes at the 3.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:27 pm
An updated list of players that are mocked for the Warriors...

NBADraft.net - Jeremy Lamb - 6'5 SG Connecticut

CBSSportsline - Jared Sullinger - 6'9 PF Ohio State (probably before the news of his condition came out)

Rotoworld - Perry Jones 3 - 6'11 SF/PF Baylor

Hoopshype guys...

Joel Brigham - Andre Drummond - 6'11 PF/C Connecticut
Yannis Koutroupis - Jared Sullinger - 6'9 PF Ohio State
Steve Kyler - Terrence Jones - 6'9 SF Kentucky
Alex Raskin - Terrence Jones - 6'9 SF Kentucky

BleacherReport - John Henson - 6'10 PF North Carolina

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:An updated list of players that are mocked for the Warriors...

NBADraft.net - Jeremy Lamb - 6'5 SG Connecticut

CBSSportsline - Jared Sullinger - 6'9 PF Ohio State (probably before the news of his condition came out)

Rotoworld - Perry Jones 3 - 6'11 SF/PF Baylor

Hoopshype guys...

Joel Brigham - Andre Drummond - 6'11 PF/C Connecticut
Yannis Koutroupis - Jared Sullinger - 6'9 PF Ohio State
Steve Kyler - Terrence Jones - 6'9 SF Kentucky
Alex Raskin - Terrence Jones - 6'9 SF Kentucky

BleacherReport - John Henson - 6'10 PF North Carolina

This draft is all over the place, I don't want Henson the rest would be risks. Hope the likes of Barnes, Drummond, Beal fall to us, but am not holding my breathe.

Best case scenerio is we trade the pick for that prize veteran SF.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball