Mock Draft Game - FREE AGENCY TIME

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:41 pm

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:17 pm
They stopped updating that since the season was over. Mock drafts are updated to include workouts + columbine.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:13 pm
8th ave wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
8th ave wrote:I have no qualms with you. You did very well for Cleveland.

If this were to happen for real I don't think you'd be too happy with the results. Not only did we give up Thompson, but we surrendered 2 picks in exchange for one. Let's not look at Walton and Beans because they we're basically fillers. Right now, Thompson has shown he can play in the NBA. MKG hasn't done that yet although I don't doubt it. Saying he's better than Thompson is unwarranted right now. And on top of that, we surrendered the 7th pick! Fine, you think MKG is better than Thompson, but is he better than Thompson + Beal?!

... I'm so upset right now.

I was not an easy choice but to get better you have to sacrifice without that move to upward mobility will never transend us to the peaks of NBA Glory. You have to imagine KD, will be dominating the west for the next 20 years, while there is no stopping him, we will counter that with MKG, who will match him step by step defensivley.

This team lacks athletism, that gritty type of defensive stopper, the pippen type psychical attributes, MKG is the dude. As far as his offensive make-up I think he will develop into slasher/scorer, but truthis the team is made up of scores and offesive minded players we add balance, shed dead weight, you can't say your not happy to see Beans go. Overall, the future looks bright for the warriors with MKG, and the cap space.

Calculated risks are a must. I think the team loses a good piece in Klay but we also get the #24 pick, for the #30 pick in a deep draft.

The Warriors right now

Curry
?
MKG? is he ready? might not be. RJ could still get the nod.
Lee
Bogut

You shouldn't have even included the 30th pick! Why would you do that? We had Klay + 7th + 30th, and now we have MKG and 24th.

Klay + Beal + 30th >>> MKG + 24th

You have to set up a conference because you have a lot of answering to do.

Yea and I suppose instead of MKG, getting Prince instead would have been the better choice? Enjoy years of allstar caliber play warriorsstepup.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 pm
It's been rather interesting watching the draft and seeing who 32 selects :) :wink:

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm
migya wrote:It's been rather interesting watching the draft and seeing who 32 selects :) :wink:

Hahaha I know right??

I'm looking forward to my vacation until Dallas comes up. I feel like I been in the hot seat all day!

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:59 pm
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

If this were to happen for real I don't think you'd be too happy with the results. Not only did we give up Thompson, but we surrendered 2 picks in exchange for one. Let's not look at Walton and Beans because they we're basically fillers. Right now, Thompson has shown he can play in the NBA. MKG hasn't done that yet although I don't doubt it. Saying he's better than Thompson is unwarranted right now. And on top of that, we surrendered the 7th pick! Fine, you think MKG is better than Thompson, but is he better than Thompson + Beal?!

I was not an easy choice but to get better you have to sacrifice without that move to upward mobility will never transend us to the peaks of NBA Glory. You have to imagine KD, will be dominating the west for the next 20 years, while there is no stopping him, we will counter that with MKG, who will match him step by step defensivley.

This team lacks athletism, that gritty type of defensive stopper, the pippen type psychical attributes, MKG is the dude. As far as his offensive make-up I think he will develop into slasher/scorer, but truthis the team is made up of scores and offesive minded players we add balance, shed dead weight, you can't say your not happy to see Beans go. Overall, the future looks bright for the warriors with MKG, and the cap space.

Calculated risks are a must. I think the team loses a good piece in Klay but we also get the #24 pick, for the #30 pick in a deep draft.

The Warriors right now

Curry
?
Lee
Bogut

You shouldn't have even included the 30th pick! Why would you do that? We had Klay + 7th + 30th, and now we have MKG and 24th.

Yea and I suppose instead of MKG, getting Prince instead would have been the better choice? Enjoy years of allstar caliber play warriorsstepup.

Dude... No one said he should've taken my trade over yours. I'm saying that trade he made with you is unwise. If anything I commend you for the trade. You duped him into giving way more assets than he should have.

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:03 pm
And at the end of the day this thing is just a game. The only reason I got so upset was because I had a chance to take Beal to start my the rebuilding process with Boston. But to answer your question, my trade proposal was much better for both teams.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:06 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

The Warriors right now

Curry
?
Lee
Bogut

Dude... No one said he should've taken my trade over yours. I'm saying that trade he made with you is unwise. If anything I commend you for the trade. You duped him into giving way more assets than he should have.

In real life what do you think it would take to get MKG when he was picked 4th? The Warriors would have to at least through in Klay with the #7 to get that. Fact the other team takes on AB and only gives Walton, making over three million less a year and he expires in one year where aB is in two, plus gives their #24 for the #30, that's a good deal.

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:23 pm
Whoa there dudes. Let's cool our jets.

I'll play unofficial tie-breaker. What were the specifics to the two proposed trades? I see the one on this page (Klay Thompson, Andris Biedrins, Bradley Beal, and #30 pick for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Luke Walton, and #24 pick). What was the other trade involving Prince?

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 pm
32 wrote:Whoa there dudes. Let's cool our jets.

I'll play unofficial tie-breaker. What were the specifics to the two proposed trades? I see the one on this page (Klay Thompson, Andris Biedrins, Bradley Beal, and #30 pick for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Luke Walton, and #24 pick). What was the other trade involving Prince?

We're not getting full on with each other, at least that's not what I intend, so sorry if you saw it that way 32 and 8yh ave probably knows that.

Be honest though 32, MKG kicks Prince anywhere on the court, in the world most likely, especially with their names :)

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 pm
Both trades seemed fair to me. Lets not play sour grapes guys. This is just a simulation. There is plenty more draft to go around. and free agency.

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:59 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Whoa there dudes. Let's cool our jets.

We're not getting full on with each other, at least that's not what I intend, so sorry if you saw it that way 32 and 8yh ave probably knows that.

Be honest though 32, MKG kicks Prince anywhere on the court, in the world most likely, especially with their names :)

If the meat of both deals was Prince or Kidd-Gilchrist, for certain I'd waaaayyy rather have MKG on the Warriors.

8th, you're telling me as a Dubs fan you'd rather have Tayshaun Prince than Michael Kidd-Gilchrist??

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:23 pm
Trade between Cleveland and Atlanta.

migya and Cavs give #7 Beal for Josh Smith.

I can absorb the extra salary.

JSmith fits right in with Irving and Klay and protects the lanes with Varejao.

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:33 pm
migya wrote:Trade between Cleveland and Atlanta.

:mrgreen: Why does this move not surprise me?

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:05 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Trade between Cleveland and Atlanta.

:mrgreen: Why does this move not surprise me?

That Josh Smith's been chasing me around for a few years now. Sort of like some choir girl trying to get with some jock from school. She finally got more than just a whiff of jocks :mrgreen: