Prepare for Another Small Backcourt

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:24 pm
I'd do that. I'd give them resigned Rush and DWright, added to Klay and #7 for #2, Tyrus and a future 1st rounder. They'd get a good starting sG who is going into his second year, another good young SG/SF who they can keep or let go after one year, and they shed Tyrus' bad contract and have that money come off their salary in a year when both DWright and Rush can be let go. So they get at least 7 million off their salary in a year and add a good starting SG and the #7.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 am
It's a LOT to give up. Of course, if the fiction being painted is to parlay the #2 pick into Dwight Howard, you're supposed to say you'd do anything to get Howard... But, man. Bogut, Thompson, Rush, Wright, and potentially any player in the draft besides Anthony Davis? Man. That's a helluva price tag.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:01 pm
Yes it is and yes, it would all be ONLY to then either get Dwight or some other superstar, otherwise it would be safer to just keep the #7 and the rest of the team as is, much more simple. Perhaps the only trade that could and perhaps should be made is for a very good SF, be it Iguodala or whoever.

Obviously I'm just trying to throw out ideas to get a superstar, that's all.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:33 pm
I read Beal measures at 6'4 1/4, with shoes he will be 6'5, with a 6'8 wing span, and weighs 205, don't know much about the kid though. Many of the draft boards have him going top 5. All the hype this kid gets getting compared to Ray Allen (Jesus Shuttleworth) but in college he shot 33% from 3's. Watched videos of the kid, he does have form to be a good shooter, he was a freashmen so have to take that into account.

I don't think size will be this guys issue, he will be a solid pro, but if am the warriors, I would look else where or trade if he is still there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:23 pm
Oh he's for sure a talented prospect. But I'd compare him closest to Eric Gordon. And we don't need an undersized 2 in our backcourt.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:58 am
Beal is a good pick at #7 and the thing with him is that he'll have great trade value, so worth picking, but much better if there is a trade already worked out before making the pick.

Maybe Philly would give Iggy as well as another player if we gave them Beal and RJ.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 am
He could come off the bench, although we are stacked at the wing position, if the warriors see something in him, as many project him to go high, and we are not able to trade the pick, then BPA, and keep him for trade value, everything else would work its self out in the future.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:36 am
He's too talented to come off the bench. If we draft him, it's a matter of time before he starts, sliding Klay to the 3, and turning our backcourt into a shrimpy duo of 6'3" guys again...

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:18 pm
32 wrote:He's too talented to come off the bench. If we draft him, it's a matter of time before he starts, sliding Klay to the 3, and turning our backcourt into a shrimpy duo of 6'3" guys again...

But the measurements say he is 6'4 1/4 with no shoes 6'5 with shoes, D-Wade Size, with a 6'8 wing span, plus his weight was close to 200, I don't think he would be make the back court alarmingly small, say like a Monta/Curry back court which had both measured without shoes at 6'2 or less, and weigh around 180 or less.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:19 pm
Well, I think Wade would look a lot smaller if he weren't so buff. Beal may be half an inch taller than Wade, but he's 20 pounds lighter. Wade is 6'4", 220 lbs. Jamal Crawford is 6'5", 200 lbs. Beal is much closer to the latter.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm
If the FO drafts Beal and keeps him, it'll be hard not to start him. That'd almost certainly have to put Klay at starting SF and what a weak SF he'd make. Not strong enough, to weak defensively still, just no reason to do this, got to get a bigger player and have him SF, going with a nicer, bigger lineup for once.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:45 am
I don't see how Klay at SF could work out. I would be more for something like this, if we grab Beal. Use our 2 second round picks, and our late first round pick to move into teens and grab Harkness as well. The we would have beal at SG, and Harkness at SF. Harkness could turn out to be a steal easily, and he wouldn't have to start right away, cause we have Dorell and Jefferson (if we don't trade one before that). Klay would be great off the bench, replacing Beal....I think that could work. That't if we don't get some starting SF via trade.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 pm
I don't think it would matter who comes of the bench klay or Beal. Klay at the 3 though now that's interesting, don't think he has the weight to or the rebounding capability to guard other 3s.

I like the idea of drafting a solid 3 in the draft if they are available, Ross from Washington, Harkness, both would fit the athletic, well built skilled the warriors are looking for. I hope they maneuver and move up to pick up either.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:46 am
Man I hope Jerry West works his magic and pulls something great out of draft day - like a trade or series of trades involving the picks for a vet. I see Harrison Barnes as an upgrade at SF but these other guys who are surfacing are either no names or will put us back in small ball / players playing out of position land. Beal at SG and Klay at SF? #-o
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:44 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Man I hope Jerry West works his magic and pulls something great out of draft day - like a trade or series of trades involving the picks for a vet. I see Harrison Barnes as an upgrade at SF but these other guys who are surfacing are either no names or will put us back in small ball / players playing out of position land. Beal at SG and Klay at SF? #-o

It's no secret; the Warriors are shopping all 4 of their picks and dangling Dorell Wright's expiring deal in an attempt to either move up or acquire a vet. I dunno if Jerry is the maestro through; to me, it's Bob Myers making the calls and doing the leg work now.

I'm incredibly intrigued to see if Brandon Roy takes our MLE...
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball