Our 30th (from Spurs) pick.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 am
32 wrote::dontknow: Melo's going 25ish in most of the mocks I see... You say he's significantly higher? You think someone will take him between 15-20?

I think he is gone by 20th... he has enough potential where someone is going to take a gamble on him.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 am
If we can't move up enough to take Melo, then we can go for Nicholson, but he is a bit undersized. Though, he could still be good value at that 30th pick, or late 20s, if we move up a little.

And I do like that idea for picking up Jae Crowder, he looked amazing in those few games I watched him play. Really smart player, always makes a good decision, can shoot, can get inside, can pass, good defender as well. He would be great fit, IMO.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:08 am
With the hype around Fab Melo, he'll maybe even be goone before th 20th pick. All I've seen and heard is defense about him, raw as hell offensively and might never be much. Sounds like bust material. If the #30 is kept, got to go for a sure thing as a backup big. There seems to be quite a few of them this draft.

I remember GWallace being mentioned in this thread. I still want him over any other SF. He'd be cheaper and the best defender of the lot of them, Iguodala about the same. He is also the oldest of the very good SFs we've talked about the last dew weeks, but his just about to turn thirty, so not old at all, at least another four or five very good seasons from him. Trade with the Nets is likely the only way to get him, though he is a free agent, he'll want at least 8 million a year. Maybe that'd take RJ and the #30 for him, because I think the #7 would be too much, unless they send a future 1st rounder, like next year or the one after.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 am
So much of Gerald Wallace's game revolves around his athleticism. He's not the most skillful player out there and as he gets up there in age, his athleticism will start to diminish. You look at his career stats and you can see his production slowly declining. His points, rebounds, steals and blocks are all down from what it was 3 years ago. I'd be weary in signing this guy to a long term deal even if they had the cap to do so. I wouldn't give up talent and picks for him.

At this point, the Warriors need an athletic, semi-young SF. This team has very little athletes. Another option is Terrence Ross. His athleticism matches that of an MKG. He's a smooth player that is a better ball handler and shot creator that MKG. At 6'7, their height is similar, but MKG's length really stands out (7'0 reach compared to a 6'7.5" reach). I compare Ross to a young Josh Howard.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:13 pm
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

Draft Express (whose usually WAY closer than any BSPN source) has us taking Harrison Barnes, Darius Miller, Tony Wroten, and some international guy named Shengelia (who I'm admittedly not informed about). I'm down with Barnes and Miller, not extremely informed on Wroten... What do people think of those 4?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 pm
I'd be happy with Barnes at 7. As for the 30th pick, I think we should package that with one of the 2nd round picks and try and move a few spots up the order. Maybe even try and get one of Boston's picks in the early 20's. They might want an extra pick if they decide to start their rebuild now. I'd love to see us get Melo with that 2nd pick.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 pm
I have a feeling the Warriors will go with a big at #7, either Drummond or Sullinger. One of the two should be there. Wroten at 30 is risky; he's got prima donna issues. I would go with Orlando Johnson to back up the #2 spot. He is a good scorer off the bench.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm
I want all the 4's and 5's we can get our hands on.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:So much of Gerald Wallace's game revolves around his athleticism. He's not the most skillful player out there and as he gets up there in age, his athleticism will start to diminish. You look at his career stats and you can see his production slowly declining. His points, rebounds, steals and blocks are all down from what it was 3 years ago. I'd be weary in signing this guy to a long term deal even if they had the cap to do so. I wouldn't give up talent and picks for him.

At this point, the Warriors need an athletic, semi-young SF. This team has very little athletes. Another option is Terrence Ross. His athleticism matches that of an MKG. He's a smooth player that is a better ball handler and shot creator that MKG. At 6'7, their height is similar, but MKG's length really stands out (7'0 reach compared to a 6'7.5" reach). I compare Ross to a young Josh Howard.

That can be a risk with GWallace, but the way he plays defense and rebounds, I don't see that changing much in three years, which is the length of time we should have him before before getting another SF. That's where Iguodala looks better, but he did less this season strangely as such. That's something I look at dubiously, but I'd still get him as he'd fit in real well.

Terrence Ross I haven't read up on or seen play, but could be a possibility, but not at #7, he should be lower than that.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:48 pm
8th ave wrote:I want all the 4's and 5's we can get our hands on.

Even if we gat players like Tyler? That's what to expect with late 1st round and 2nd round picks. The team needa at least one good backup big, but I think that can be attained through a trade.

You know, I see many good teams, most playoff teams actually having one or two good bigs and that's it, not many have even one good backup big.

Look at Orlando and yea, now RAnderson is playing well, though his only good season so far, and GDavis also had a good season, but before this season, it was Dwight and no other decent big, though Gortat was alright when he was there. Atlanta has gotten by with JSmith and Horford, nothing else in bigs. Bston has done with KG and no other good big, trying with aging has beens like Jermaine. The best example is Philly, with no good big, as Brand is a has been to say the least and Hawes is just a bit above average.

I don't see the immediate need to get a good big, as Lee and Bogut are a top 5 PF/C duo. Yea, either or both could get injured, but to me, that doesn't mean we neglect getting a very good SF to get a backup big. Without a superstar and an allstar, we need to have five very good starters to have a chance to be a good playoff team that could win a series or two.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:21 pm
Al the above are well said, but can i ask something? Why are we discussing a pick that we have 99,99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 chance of trading?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:28 pm
Cause 99.99% of trade rumors never go through.

Assuming we keep the pick, it's interesting to debate who we should take.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 am
Yeah, just expressing our thoughts and desires. If our FO reads our forum, maybe they could get some idea that they would overlook otherwise. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:11 pm
32 wrote:http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

Draft Express (whose usually WAY closer than any BSPN source) has us taking Harrison Barnes, Darius Miller, Tony Wroten, and some international guy named Shengelia (who I'm admittedly not informed about). I'm down with Barnes and Miller, not extremely informed on Wroten... What do people think of those 4?

I like those picks. Barnes isn't going to last to 7th though. He is better the MKG in my opinion. More Athletic, taller, better shooter. MKG works harder and is probably the better pick to help out right away, but I believe Barnes will have the better career.

If we got Barnes at 7, that would be a steal. Tony Wroten is someone I would like to pickup to, and he is a PG, SG combo with size. His passing ability and his capability to run a team makes him a great pickup for a backup PG. I also think he would be a better defender then Jenkins.

Don't know much about the other guys.

I would actually like to see if we could trace the #7 and the #30 to Sac for the #5 pick. That way would most likely have a chance at Barnes, or MKG.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:30 pm
You're about the only person I've seen that thinks Barnes is better than MKG, GSW Hoops Fan. Tradin up to #5 would maybe make a bit of s difference, more in trade value than likely the player we got to pick, but #7 and #30 wouldn't be enough.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball