NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:53 am
Wow, the Thunderbeat the Spurs in San Antonio to win three straight and go up 3-2. The Thunder are for real ad the Spurs look done, having to win at OKC and then again in game seven. Thuder might just win it all this season and actually be the great dynasty right now. Really thought the Spurs would get by them, but it looks gone right now.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am
I wouldn't go so far and say that Spurs are done. Yeah, Thunder did make a break now, and they are in the lead, or better position, but one win for San Antonio can swing the momentum quite easily. And if someone can do it, they can. It's a good team, highly motivated guys and a great coach...they're not going to get depressed that much and not show up on the court in the next game.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 am
I sort of agree with Guybrush... if the spurs win game 6th, then the momentum swings their direction for game 7... remember, they won 20 games prior to game 2.

But the Thunder look dominant. I think they could definitely be the biggest challenge for the Heat, if they plan in the NBA finals.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:26 pm
Who would have thought it, the Celts take one in Miami and now up 3-2 after winning three straight, just like the Thunder. Great game, Celts step up and Miami choke.

Would like the Celts to beat Miami and also Spurs to win. Be great to see Duncan and KG finally play in the finals. The #1 and #2 PFs alltime head to head would be a great near end to both their careers.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 pm
Miami has been complaining and moaning this entire series. They are to focused on their whining that they forget to transition back to defense and they give up easy buckets.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm
Spurs are out. Thunder beat them in game 6, coming back from being down in the 1st half and winning a thrilling game. That's four straight the Thunder beat the Spurs after the Spurs had won twenty straight. Could be the last time the Spurs are this good with the current core they've got, unless they do it again next year.

Thunder look amazing. They could really win a bunch of championships over the next five to ten years if they keep the current group together.

I think only the Heat, with Bosh healthy, have enough firepower to beat them, don't think the Celts do now. Wade, Lebron and Bosh, all three, would have to be hitting well to beat the Thunder four times.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 am
Man, that was one insanely good game! SJax certainly was looking good burying 6 3's in a row-reminded me of the old days with us. Of course he had to get the T...I didn't see the replay, don't know if it was a good call. What a first half by the Spurs, I mean Parker was just money and Duncan (everybody) looked sharp! A really splendid display of a well oiled machine that the Spurs can be. Then came that second half surge and the fatigue, so many minutes for Ginobili, Duncan and Parker really affected them in the 4th quarter. That and Durant, Harden and Westbrook and the rest of the Thunder chipped away at that lead and then broke it open. Their talent and youth was too much for the Spurs. Yeah, they had that incredible 20 straight and OKC just won 4 in a row-wow...unreal! I agree, the Thunder could very well win alot of rings in the next decade--they are that good!

So what are the chances that the two semi-finals are won by both teams down 2-0? That can't have been done before. I don't know what to think about the Heat-they just looked horrible in that last game. As Magic and Barry were saying in the ESPN post game, what in the **** were they doing on offense in the second half? Chris Broussard mentioned it looked something like bad gym ball-how many iso's can you run? No flow, no ball movement and just stagnant. I was wondering why Spoelsta only played Bosh for 14 minutes or so, he was scoring, rebounding and looking good. He didn't even play in that second half. So what do you think of Spoelstra's coaching ability? Sometimes I really wonder what he's doing...some shabby inbound plays late in the game cost them. He didn't draw anything up to avoid the traps. So the Heat trying to win one in Boston, that's going to be tough. I think the Celtics have got that killer instinct going on and could very well close it out. KG and Pierce certainly showed up big last game. You're right, though, I think Miami has a better chance of beating the Thunder. But whoever plays them is going to have to shoot lights out most of the time to beat them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:43 am
Think it will come down to defense, especially if it's Miami going againt the Thunder. If the Heat can guard Westbrook especially well, they could win well. Wade and/or Lebron could slow Westbrook down I think, but he is one heck of a player and gets his almost as much as Durant does.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 am
migya wrote:Think it will come down to defense, especially if it's Miami going againt the Thunder. If the Heat can guard Westbrook especially well, they could win well. Wade and/or Lebron could slow Westbrook down I think, but he is one heck of a player and gets his almost as much as Durant does.

QFT

It will come down to defense. They would have to put Wade on Westbrook, and Lebron on Durant. They can put Battier on Harden, and if bosh plays, he can guard Ibaka reasonbly well. Those team match up incrediably well, and it would be the Durant vs Lebron show. So much has been said about Lebron being the best player in the NBA, but if Durant beats them, he would be no argument about it, the best in the NBA. I would love to see this match up. I didn't think OKC had what it took to beat SA, but as the anouncers said, you litteraly watched the team grow up before your eyes and go from good to Great!.

Just need Miami to win in the east, cause Boston has no chance vs. OKC.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:25 pm
The Heat show their strength and smash the Celts in Boston to even the series 3-3. Lebron looked like greatest player of alltime material in a showcase of dominance, scoring 45 points, most in the 1st half and shooting over 75% incredibly. Boston looks defeated and Miami heads home to likely finish them off and go ahead to face the Thunder and a great looking matchup.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:38 am
Yeah, they certainly dominated-an absolute monster game by Lebron! 75% from the floor, that's crazy! The increased minutes for Bosh showed what a difference he makes. Miami's offense really looked fantastic, great ball movement. Wade had sort an off night shooting but he does alot that doesn't show up in the box score. A Thunder-Heat series would be interesting, they do match up very well. Lebron vs. Durant...woah!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 pm
Miami beat Boston in Game 7 to win series. It was all tied at the end of the 3rd quarter and the Heat stepped up. The big three for Miami did it, Bosh coming up big making most of his shots, including three threes. Garnett not stepping up like he should. To note that Miami got alot more FTs again.

So it's OKC v Miami. A great matchup and a great duo v duo, in Westbrook and Durant v Wade and Lebron. Ibaka should handle Bosh and Harden could be a big factor.

I pick OKC in 6.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:49 pm
Best finals matchup since Bulls-Jazz '98.

If you haven't already started the download, migs, that game 7 is a keeper. LeBron is turning into a killer before our very eyes.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 am
Haven't seen the game, just saw the score a few minutes after the end. Definately looked like it was good until the last few minutes where Miami pulled away.

The OKC v Miami series should be one of the best in a while. They matchup well.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:43 am
Absolutely.

Regarding game 7, Boston blew their only true advantage early. Kevin Garnett had too much game to start and the Celts popped out to a quick 9 point lead, but Doc Rivers pulled him midway through the first and from there on out, Miami made the adjustment. Another game where you're upset with Rondo not being more aggressive; passing off open drives and over-distributing. Ray Allen woke up big time (finally), but Paul Pierce took too long to get his stroke working (I believe he started 1-for-5, looking like he was forcing it too much).

And don't let LeBron's first half FT's fool you; he was attacking the basket and getting legit calls. Shane Battier was ice cold outta the gate, Bosh was uncharacteristically dangerous from outside, and the need to patrol Miami's role players on the perimeter really opened up the lane for LeBron James... Who is quickly demolishing that "no killer instinct" blasphemy.

In LeBron's future autobiography, last night (and Game 6) will be regarded as when he turned the corner.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum