Warriors Close to Moving

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:50 pm
Hum, I was reading the article, because I went over it the first time and was tired of reading about the same thing, I didn't pay too much attention to it, but this time around read the following paragraph:

On the fan site GoldenStWarriors, Lacob seemed to belittle Oakland. In an 18-minute video, Lacob predicts that Oakland will be left with only one sports team someday. "I think they're challenged," he said when asked what's wrong with Oakland, adding the city is in "a difficult situation."

Is the author really qouting our forum as the place where that video was originaly posted? Surprised me that our site was even mentioned, but that in the context that it is mentioned, like that video originated here, is even more surprising. Specially when so many of our posters have expressed their support for Lacob and this decision.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:30 pm
Especially considering Nels never posted before and hasn't posted since...

Very strange. Almost like we were set-up to be someone's source. But, hey; if it conjures up any new lurkers or members, it's alright by me. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Hum, I was reading the article, because I went over it the first time and was tired of reading about the same thing, I didn't pay too much attention to it, but this time around read the following paragraph:

On the fan site GoldenStWarriors, Lacob seemed to belittle Oakland. In an 18-minute video, Lacob predicts that Oakland will be left with only one sports team someday. "I think they're challenged," he said when asked what's wrong with Oakland, adding the city is in "a difficult situation."

Is the author really qouting our forum as the place where that video was originaly posted? Surprised me that our site was even mentioned, but that in the context that it is mentioned, like that video originated here, is even more surprising. Specially when so many of our posters have expressed their support for Lacob and this decision.

Seriously, is that true about Lacob coming here to our forum?

Which article is it GSW Hoops Fan? Do you have a link please.

If this is so, then I think I've been used as the article I posted o the main forum from yesterday 6-6-2012 has the new GM Meyers going on about aiming to acquire the same players that I've been goig on about for over a month. Maybe they can hire me as assistant GM. :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:28 am
And this place, when you look at it really, is almost completely Lacob pro. Almost all of us have been on his side after that embarrassing booing night, and we were all ashamed because of that incident. And then when you read that, what GSW Hoops posted, you will get an opinion that we here don't like our new ownership.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 am
Guybrush wrote:And this place, when you look at it really, is almost completely Lacob pro. Almost all of us have been on his side after that embarrassing booing night, and we were all ashamed because of that incident. And then when you read that, what GSW Hoops posted, you will get an opinion that we here don't like our new ownership.

What article? Give me the link please.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:29 am
migya wrote:
Guybrush wrote:And this place, when you look at it really, is almost completely Lacob pro. Almost all of us have been on his side after that embarrassing booing night, and we were all ashamed because of that incident. And then when you read that, what GSW Hoops posted, you will get an opinion that we here don't like our new ownership.

What article? Give me the link please.

I took that out of the context from that GSW Hoops' post and quote he had in it. He has the link probably, though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 am
The link is on the previous page.

I agree, Guybrush. It totally lacks a census opinion of this forum.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 am
Nels wrote:http://www.sfbg.com/2012/05/30/oakland-gets-jilted

This is the link that Nels posted.... I guess reading the quote I posted is a bit misleading. The author never said that Lacob posted here, I think he is referencing the video that was posted in one of our other threads:

Video: Golden State Warriors Owners Talk, Oakland Responds

which was posted also by a one time poster. Just goes to show that things are mis-interpreted when taken out of context.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Nels wrote:http://www.sfbg.com/2012/05/30/oakland-gets-jilted

This is the link that Nels posted.... I guess reading the quote I posted is a bit misleading. The author never said that Lacob posted here, I think he is referencing the video that was posted in one of our other threads:

Video: Golden State Warriors Owners Talk, Oakland Responds

which was posted also by a one time poster. Just goes to show that things are mis-interpreted when taken out of context.

Looks like that either the reporter of that article reads what is written on this forum or someone sent some posts to him.

Nice to be mentioned.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:42 pm
The Warriors were formerly located in San Fran and I saw a statistic saying that nearly 50% of Warrior season ticket holders live in san Fran. Hopefully the Piers site down next to AT&T Park is suitable to construct an arena. There has been little evidence to suggest that new arenas improve the downtown economy, although new venues bring in new restaurants, hotels, shops, offices and retail spaces. And San Francisco doesn't need any more of that. Oakland DOES.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 am
Personally I can't wait for the Warriors to build that beautiful arena. See I love the stairs and views in San Francisco and putting up an arena like that next to ATT Park and the bridge would just be unreal.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball