A SF from Philly

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 pm
Either aB or RJ, I don't mind and either work to make up the salary. AB is owed 9 million for the next two seasons, RJ it goes up to about 12 million in his last season, so I'd prefer to deal him. Give a 2nd rounder, they don't get much for us anyway right now.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:36 pm
I'd be happy with that scenario. Seems like it could work for both teams (true to Myers's word, we do use the #7 pick to bring in a starter; PHI gets a good young player through the draft, and as 32 said, a decent wing player in Wright to soften the loss of Iguodala). But I think migya makes a good point about Iguodala's production. He was a beast from about 2006-2010, but over the last couple of years, there's been a noticeable drop-off (not to mention missing 15-20 games each season). Can he return to that form? I mean, he's still a great player, but I'd want the 06-10 Iguodala if we could get him.

My dream scenario -- and I'm no expert, so I don't know how feasible this would be -- would be to package the #7 pick with Curry and fillers (Wright/Biedrins/Jefferson/picks/cash/etc.) to bring in Rondo or Deron. Seems like there have been rumors and reports that both guys could be had, and while it doesn't address our need at SF, it makes our team so much better in so many ways. We get a top distributing PG who can also play defense and perform under pressure. Considering he'd be complemented by Klay, Lee, and Bogut, I wouldn't even be concerned if McGuire were our starting SF. With Deron, McGuire, and Bogut on the court together, we'd have our best defense in decades. Even Klay's not that bad on defense -- certainly better than Monta was.

I'd also be very interested in trading the rights to our #7 pick, along with other pieces, to bring in MKG. I'd be willing to give up pretty much anyone other than Klay, Lee, and Bogut to make that happen. Our ability to make that happen probably depends a lot on who drafts MKG, and who's available when we pick. e.g. if MKG is taken #4 overall, and Barnes is still available at #7, I bet we could arrange a swap without having to give up all that much.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:06 pm
Either Deron or Rondo would be great and the two most important positions on a team are PG and Center so both would be covered real well, by a top 5 at both in fact. Don't think Deron would consider coming here though, not unless a trade to get a suoerstar and only a superstar happened first. As is, we don't even have an allstar, no matter if some of us think eirher Curry, Lee or Bogut are allstar caliber. The team is not attractive and will have to win well first as well as make the playoffs to start being attractive. Rondo himself would probably not want to come here, but he is under contract and would have to if a trade happened.

Still, Curry is good enough for now still I think. It is filling out the roster, starting with a very good SF, that is the aim.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 am
Getting Rondo would be super and very doable. I would do it in a heartbeat. AB + Curry +2nd rounder for Rondo. I am drooling.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:47 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:I'd be happy with that scenario. Seems like it could work for both teams (true to Myers's word, we do use the #7 pick to bring in a starter; PHI gets a good young player through the draft, and as 32 said, a decent wing player in Wright to soften the loss of Iguodala). But I think migya makes a good point about Iguodala's production. He was a beast from about 2006-2010, but over the last couple of years, there's been a noticeable drop-off (not to mention missing 15-20 games each season). Can he return to that form? I mean, he's still a great player, but I'd want the 06-10 Iguodala if we could get him.

My dream scenario -- and I'm no expert, so I don't know how feasible this would be -- would be to package the #7 pick with Curry and fillers (Wright/Biedrins/Jefferson/picks/cash/etc.) to bring in Rondo or Deron. Seems like there have been rumors and reports that both guys could be had, and while it doesn't address our need at SF, it makes our team so much better in so many ways. We get a top distributing PG who can also play defense and perform under pressure. Considering he'd be complemented by Klay, Lee, and Bogut, I wouldn't even be concerned if McGuire were our starting SF. With Deron, McGuire, and Bogut on the court together, we'd have our best defense in decades. Even Klay's not that bad on defense -- certainly better than Monta was.

I'd also be very interested in trading the rights to our #7 pick, along with other pieces, to bring in MKG. I'd be willing to give up pretty much anyone other than Klay, Lee, and Bogut to make that happen. Our ability to make that happen probably depends a lot on who drafts MKG, and who's available when we pick. e.g. if MKG is taken #4 overall, and Barnes is still available at #7, I bet we could arrange a swap without having to give up all that much.

Hey, if Myers can swing a trade for Willians or Rondo without giving up Thompson, Bogut, or Lee, than I move to make him mayor. Obviously, DWill is ideal; he's a total Baron Davis clone: big, quick, poor shooter, but gets inside the paint on demand, 20 and 8 guy, good rebounder for his size... And don't forget, Jersey used a young point guard and a lottery pick (Favors) to GET Williams, so it shouldn't be tough to sell them on a better point guard (Curry >>> Harris), even though the prospect is a toss up. I'm definitely down.

Going back to Iggy, D1, I really dunno if we NEED him to be that 07 Andre Iguodala; to me, he'd be sitting pretty in a much lesser role as a 4th option. And really the only area he's regressed in has been scoring, which we have plenty of. If Iggy can come here to provide a hefty rebounding, defensive, and assist boost at the 3 spot, I consider that exactly what the doctor ordered.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 pm
Thing was that Deron wanted out of Utah immediately and they wanted him out. Deron now is a FA and will pick the team he wants, which is a sure thing not to be here. The only problem for him is that teams he desires to go to are over the salarycap, though they are contenders. Dalla, which is Deron's team to go to, have quite a bit of salary contracts ending after this season, like Terry and Odom, so they can sign Deron to a max contract.

Rondo looks like a better shot at getting, but after his playoff performance so far, Ainge would be crazy to trade him for anything less than a superstar.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am
I doubt we'll get either. We're likely gonna give the Stephen Curry project another 2 years of audition before we decide if we wanna hinge our well-being on the atrophied leg of #30.

As with Bogut, my opinion is that 65 or more games from Curry is enough to make a difference. We've been schooled by the likes of Baron Davis and Tim Hardaway. Talent is moving; even if they miss 15 to 20 games, the difference a guy like Steph Curry makes on everyone else is undeniable.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221535/Gerald_Wallace_Will_Opt_Out_Become_Free_Agent

Gerald Wallace Will Opt Out, Become Free Agent
Jun 15, 2012 10:19 AM EDT

Gerald Wallace will opt out of the final year of his contract and become a free agent.

The Nets own Wallace’s Bird Rights, meaning they can offer higher raises, as well as a fifth year on a new deal.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

GWallace is going to free agency, making him harder to get. Only a sign and trade would get him here and that was unlikely even before.

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball