Lottery/7th pick/tank schedule

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm
I just saw this...and I have to say WOOHOO! Yeah!!! Oh, that felt good...even though it was just a yelling over the keyboard. :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 pm
WE KEEP THE PICK #7.

Real happy and next season the team should be better than it has been since the late 1970s, winning more than the team with Webber in 1993-94.

I've already said that I want to trade the pick for a very good SF, but if we kept the pick, that player should be a good contributor. I want a sure thing if we do keep the pick and Sullinger is the man, because he may be obviously limited with his height and athleticism, but he has already established skills and would contribute straight away. He should be similar to Millsap and that's very good, especially as a backup.

The FO really should be able to make the team an instant playoff one and even a top 5 West team with the #7 pick and any improvements this offseason.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm
Now I just can't wait for the draft. I wouldn't mind it if we took Sullinger, but I would take PJ3, Barnes and if miraculously Kidd-Gilchrist falls to us. I wouldn't be opposed to 8th Ave's favorite guy as well.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm
migya wrote:WE KEEP THE PICK #7.

Real happy and next season the team should be better than it has been since the late 1970s, winning more than the team with Webber in 1993-94.

I've already said that I want to trade the pick for a very good SF, but if we kept the pick, that player should be a good contributor. I want a sure thing if we do keep the pick and Sullinger is the man, because he may be obviously limited with his height and athleticism, but he has already established skills and would contribute straight away. He should be similar to Millsap and that's very good, especially as a backup.

The FO really should be able to make the team an instant playoff one and even a top 5 West team with the #7 pick and any improvements this offseason.

Yes! For sure..although I don't remember the last time a rookie was allowed to play the majority of the games..they always find a way just to "develop" the new guy and give him minimal minutes..hopefully the #7 pick can just blow crap up and start every game come the start of the season..but the only way I see the FO wanting to start someone immediately and therefore make us better is to pick up someone that has already made a mark in the NBA.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:29 pm
I think we've been in the "rebuilding" process for far too long. The FO wants to win..NOW.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:50 pm
MKG won't fall to us unfortunately, but if he miraculously was there, obviously have to take him.

I wouldn't be opposed at all to trading for MKG after the draft. A feasible trade involving our #7 pick would be a definate consideration. Washington picks at #3 and they do have a need at SF, probably more than any other position, but a trade with them would have to be done to get MKG, because I see only ADavis and Drummond (possibly) being picked ahead of him.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:06 pm
Sure, MKG won't drop to us... But are 6 teams gonna take 3 small forwards before we get our pick? Cause, really, MKG, Harrison Barnes, Thomas Robinson... I'll happily take any of the above! [/suckitutah]
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm
If we want MKG to fall to us we need to rumor monger.

Whos got a twitter account. Help me get hashtagging #smokingWifKiddGilchrist going.

Ill make a fake cnn fox news account reporting how Kidd Gilchrist was seen partying with Rodman in vegas and got arrested for marijuana possession.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:42 pm
32 wrote:Sure, MKG won't drop to us... But are 6 teams gonna take 3 small forwards before we get our pick? Cause, really, MKG, Harrison Barnes, Thomas Robinson... I'll happily take any of the above! [/suckitutah]

is there something that you're reading or watching that says robinson will play the 3? j/w cuz he's listed as a pf??
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:57 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:Sure, MKG won't drop to us... But are 6 teams gonna take 3 small forwards before we get our pick? Cause, really, MKG, Harrison Barnes, Thomas Robinson... I'll happily take any of the above! [/suckitutah]

is there something that you're reading or watching that says robinson will play the 3? j/w cuz he's listed as a pf??

He is, my mistake. I suppose I meant PJ3... Whom I'm way less excited about.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 pm
Jared Sullinger train, ALL ABOARD.

I've had Perry Jones III here the past few weeks, but I'm starting to hear that the Warriors won't go that direction. I think they will instead go with a more proven player to help them on the front line. I hear the Warriors are quite high on Sully. Terrence Jones, out of Kentucky, is also a strong possibility here.

- Chad Ford

via ESPN insider
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:48 am
That's the direction to go, in going away from Perry Jones. Sullinger won't be a starter, but will be a contributor. I want a very good SF to be the starter, but that will only be attainable through a trade, so likely the team will stick with whoever they draft.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:22 am
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/y-sports-draftexpress-2012-nba-mock-draft-no-022900401--nba.html;_ylt=Alkw8tPL13lPDK5C9LOMF9m8vLYF

Y! Sports/DraftExpress 2012 NBA Mock Draft No. 1
By Jonathan Givony, DraftExpress.com | Yahoo! Contributor Network – 5 hours ago

1. New Orleans Hornets

Anthony Davis: PF, 19, 6-10, 220, Kentucky, Fresh.
While conspiracy theories will abound, basketball purists will appreciate that a team that competed admirably all season long with limited resources was rewarded with some good karma in the form of the No. 1 pick. Hornets general manager Dell Demps wasn't particularly coy about who they might select following the lottery drawing, joking saying that the pick is "top secret." Certainly the team will go through a process including medical evaluations, interviews and potentially a light workout, but it's impossible to look at their roster and style of play and not say that Davis is precisely what the doctor ordered. New Orleans' rebuilding process just got a major boost.

2. Charlotte Bobcats

Thomas Robinson: PF, 21, 6-9, 240, Kansas, Junior
Although the Bobcats and their fans will certainly be disappointed not to end up with Anthony Davis after the miserable season they endured, they should get over that fairly quickly when they realize they are about to add an extremely important piece to their roster who is arguably more ready to compete from Day One than Davis.

Robinson will bring a blend of strength, athleticism and competitiveness that the team sorely lacked this season inside the paint. He will pair well with 2011 draft pick Bismack Biyombo to form one of the longest and most explosive interior frontcourts – certainly defensively – in the NBA.

3. Washington Wizards

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: SF: 18, 6-7, 228, Kentucky, Fresh.
The Wizards will also be disappointed initially not to end up with the top overall pick after finishing with the league's second-worst record. But that should be short-lived as well when they realize that a very exciting piece in their rebuilding process is on the way in Kidd-Gilchrist.

With the Wizards sporting the worst small forward rotation in the NBA this season, Kidd-Gilchrist could fill an immediate hole, bringing a degree of intensity and toughness that will immediately improve their perimeter defense. He's arguably the most competitive player in this draft. Still very much a work in progress offensively, he would form a lethal transition duo with speedster John Wall, as well as the hyper athletic Jan Vesely.

4. Cleveland Cavaliers

Bradley Beal: SG, 18, 6-4, 201, Florida, Fresh.
Sporting virtually nothing in their backcourt going into next season outside of Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, the Cavs need immediate help at the shooting guard position. Beal has the perfect skill set and demeanor to compliment Irving, which should make him an extremely attractive pick. Andre Drummond will likely also get a long look here.

5. Sacramento Kings

Andre Drummond: C, 18, 6-10, 251, Connecticut, Fresh.
This could be shades of 2010, where arguably the second-most-talented player in the draft fell to the No. 5 pick, only to be swooped up by the Sacramento Kings. Drummond could slip for different reasons than DeMarcus Cousins did, but there's little doubt the two complement each other fairly well, possibly forming one of the biggest and most physically gifted frontcourts in the NBA. The question is whether Sacramento will find a way to get the most out of Drummond's immense talent, and whether they are prepared to take on another project player who may take a couple of years to pan out.

6. Portland Trail Blazers (via Brooklyn)

Jared Sullinger: PF/C, 20, 6-9, 280, Ohio State, Soph.
The Trail Blazers have been looking for a strong interior option to pair with LaMarcus Aldridge for quite some time, and this draft will finally give them an opportunity to do so. Going into next season with only Kurt Thomas and Aldridge under contact, Jared Sullinger certainly appears to be an attractive option here, as his skill set compliments what they already have.

7. Golden State Warriors

Harrison Barnes: SF, 19, 6-8, 223, North Carolina, Soph.
The Warriors took a major leap of faith in trading fan favorite Monta Ellis for injured center Andrew Bogut and handing the full-time ball-handling responsibilities to Stephen Curry, who lost most of the season to an ankle injury. If everyone stays healthy, they have a very intriguing roster on paper, but still could use some additional scoring punch on the wing. Harrison Barnes duplicates many of the things Klay Thompson and Dorell Wright do. He's also not a particularly gifted shot creator, but he has great size and scoring instincts and still has plenty of room to improve at age 19.

8. Toronto Raptors

Jeremy Lamb: SG, 19, 6-5, 185, Connecticut, Soph.
While the Raptors anxiously await the arrival of their 2011 lottery pick, Jonas Valanciunas, next season, they have a chance to plug another hole. Finding a successor to starting point guard Jose Calderon, who is entering the final year of his contract, is a priority, especially considering that Valanciunas will need to have offense created for him, at least initially. The Raptors' wing rotation also looks unsettled, with DeMar DeRozan still unable to find a consistent jump shot, and very little starting material around him. One solution might be to pick Jeremy Lamb, one of the most talented scorers in the draft, and move DeRozan to small forward.

9. Detroit Pistons

John Henson: PF, 21, 6-11, 220, North Carolina, Junior
The Pistons struggled on both ends of the floor last season, ranking 29 th in offensive efficiency and 24 th on defense, meaning this lone pick will surely not solve all their problems. Pairing Greg Monroe with a long and athletic shot-blocker/rebounder like Henson could be a good start, though. The two seem to complement each other fairly well. Finding a long-term solution at small forward will also be a priority, which could mean Harrison Barnes if he's available.

10. New Orleans Hornets (via Minnesota)

Damian Lillard: PG, 21, 6-2, 185, Weber State, Junior
The Hornets competed admirably despite being forced to trade their franchise player, Chris Paul, and seeing his replacement, Eric Gordon, lose much of the season to injury. That doesn't mask the fact they lack talent at many key positions, particularly in the frontcourt where two of their most experienced players (Carl Landry and Chris Kaman) are free agents this summer. Jarrett Jack exceeded expectations, but may not be a long-term solution, meaning a potential upgrade at point guard could also be in order. Lillard would complement the likes of Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon extremely well, even if Kendall Marshall's court vision and passing savvy could also get a long look here.

11. Portland Trail Blazers

Kendall Marshall, PG, 20, 6-4, 180, North Carolina, Soph.
The Trail Blazers had a disappointing season, partially because of injuries and partially because of the lackluster performance of their backcourt. Offseason acquisitions Raymond Felton and Jamal Crawford both struggled to live up to expectations, while Wesley Matthews regressed somewhat after a promising sophomore season. Both of the top point guard prospects, Damian Lillard and Kendall Marshall, will get extended looks here, as will the likes of Austin Rivers, Dion Waiters and others. Drafting a center, such as Tyler Zeller, could also be an option.

12. Milwaukee Bucks

Perry Jones: PF, 20, 6-11, 220, Baylor, Soph.
After trading Andrew Bogut to Golden State, and with Ersan Ilyasova an unrestricted free agent, Milwaukee is woefully thin in the frontcourt. While the Bucks could certainly use some more mass in the paint, they might have a tough time passing up a prospect as talented as Jones, who was projected as a top-five pick just a year ago.

13. Phoenix Suns

Austin Rivers: SG, 19, 6-4, 203, Duke, Fresh.
The Suns are in a serious transition phase, with many key roster pieces entering free agency, making it difficult to pinpoint just one area of need. Regardless of whether Steve Nash and Aaron Brooks return, their backcourt and wing rotation could use a serious upgrade, which could make a prolific scoring shot-creating guard like Austin Rivers very attractive here.

14. Houston Rockets

Tyler Zeller: C, 22, 7-0, 250, North Carolina, Senior
After narrowly missing the playoffs for the third straight season, it's difficult to say the Rockets will be able to address all their problems with two mid-first-round picks. Assuming the Kyle Lowry/Goran Dragic situation works itself out, the Rockets are seemingly stacked at most every position besides center, which could make North Carolina's Zeller a solid option right here.

^
^
30. Golden State Warriors (via San Antonio)

Andrew Nicholson: PF/C, 22, 6-9, 220, St. Bonaventure, Senior

Having addressed their biggest need (small forward) in the lottery, the Warriors can afford to take a flyer on a talented late-blooming big man like Nicholson who might be able to offer some frontcourt depth down the road. The Warriors don't have an established backup power forward yet, and with the uncertain health of Andrew Bogut, Nicholson's size and length could come in handy down the road.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Skipped after the lottery teams and included our Spurs' pick at #30.

If Sullinger is gone then Barnes is the logical pick. The big negative about Barnes is that he isn't a good creator offensively and that means he won't be much more value than BRush is really. I really want a trade for a very good SF, even Iguodala to be honest. The only way to be sure to improve using the #7 pick. Packaging the #7 pick (before or after the draft takes place) with either AB or RJ, throw in DWright, could get Iggy.

Hornets getting Davis will be huge, especially if they keep Kaman, giving them a big PF/C duo. Consiracies abound for sure with nba still owning Hornets. Many executives and high rankers on a number of franchises are dubious to say the least.

Sacramento, if they do get Drummond and he pans out early, could really become a playoff team, because Cousins has turnded out real good already.

Also think it'd be strange if Portland picks Sullinger, as he is not a Center, not in the nba, and he'd be a backup behind Alridge.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 am
NBA doesn't own Hornets anymore... they already sold to the owner of NO Saints.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 am
I see a couple of options:
1) Trade up to get a higher pick... maybe Sac.
2) Trade to a team that has a proven SF:
a - G. Wallace sign and Trade. NJ doesn't have a lottery pick, and if they lose Deron, they might try to rebuild.
b - Andre Igudala, what would sixers want? They might be ready to turn to Turner as the starting SF, and get some youth, if they can't see this team compeating for a championship. Would definately need to throw in some more assests for them to take this though.
c - Nicholas Batum, this would be an excellent pickup if we could entice Portland. They may see their team as rebuilding and go for it if they think Batum is going to be too expensive in the RFA. That would mean warriors would need to match.
d - Rudy Gay. With his gigantic contract, I don't see this happening.

3) Trade down. This isn't a bad idea, trade down and pickup another pick next year. Turing one pick into 2. There are some good players in the middle of the 1st round that are appealing, like Myers Leonard, or Terence Jones.

For me, I would like to see them get Batum, Wallace or AI, but if that can't be done, trading down is not a bad idea.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball