Who will be the most improved player of our team next year?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:49 pm
The nominations:

Klay. Most probably it is the hardest to win this because he already had a very good rookie season. He has a summer before him to work on. He said that he will work on his post moves and defence. Very willing and down to earth guy.

Jenkins. Maybe our future big bodied, hard defender, pass first play-maker. Very hard working and MJ favourite. Wouldn't be surprised if MJ takes him under his wing this summer trying to make him a spit image of him.

Tyler. He would be up there with Davis in this draft if he went to college. He didn't and that means he have to work twice as hard to achieve his projected ceiling. He seams willing to do so. It was harder than anyone else to adjust this year to the game in the NBA but he showed promise. He said he will spent this summer working on his post moves and defence.

Wright. The forgotten forward. No one speaks about him. we forgot about him in our elimination post. Some say he has no place in the NBA. But i watched that kid all year. Raw, with inconsistent jumper, and ineffective defence. He had trouble playing for us because he was playing in the most loaded position in our team. But 2 numbers really impressed me. FG percentage which means good shot selection and effectiveness but most importantly 10+ rebounds per game (in wizards). He seams to be our best rebounder as we are right now. He said he is going to work this summer on his jumber and defence.

For some reason i have a gut feeling about Wright. Problem is he plays at SF, the weirdest position at the moment for our team (the most loaded and weakest at the same time). He had a non relevant year but so did Arenas in his rookie season.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:07 pm
TRON wrote:The nominations:

Klay. Most probably it is the hardest to win this because he already had a very good rookie season. He has a summer before him to work on. He said that he will work on his post moves and defence. Very willing and down to earth guy.

Jenkins. Maybe our future big bodied, hard defender, pass first play-maker. Very hard working and MJ favourite. Wouldn't be surprised if MJ takes him under his wing this summer trying to make him a spit image of him.

Tyler. He would be up there with Davis in this draft if he went to college. He didn't and that means he have to work twice as hard to achieve his projected ceiling. He seams willing to do so. It was harder than anyone else to adjust this year to the game in the NBA but he showed promise. He said he will spent this summer working on his post moves and defence.

Wright. The forgotten forward. No one speaks about him. we forgot about him in our elimination post. Some say he has no place in the NBA. But i watched that kid all year. Raw, with inconsistent jumper, and ineffective defence. He had trouble playing for us because he was playing in the most loaded position in our team. But 2 numbers really impressed me. FG percentage which means good shot selection and effectiveness but most importantly 10+ rebounds per game (in wizards). He seams to be our best rebounder as we are right now. He said he is going to work this summer on his jumber and defence.

For some reason i have a gut feeling about Wright. Problem is he plays at SF, the weirdest position at the moment for our team (the most loaded and weakest at the same time). He had a non relevant year but so did Arenas in his rookie season.

For a second I thought you were talking about Dorell Wright, and then I remembered about C. Wright.
You are right, we did forget about him. It isn't garaunteed he will be back, if he does come back he has a chance to compete for a SF position.

I have another nomiation: McGuire!
I think he is a MJackson fav, and his mid range jumper imporved significantly last year. I don't think he gets the starting SF spot, but I think he gets an increased role. 6th or 7th man off bench. Plus he can gaurd 1-4 spots. To have a guy that big and long gaurding the PG in the last couple possessions of the game and stop him (blocking CP3), was awesome to watch.

You are right about the SF position, it is our most loaded spot but the weakest in terms of we don't have a very good starter.
It would be very interesting to see who gets the job, and who gets shipped out.

SF on our team:
Rush (can play SG too), B. Wright (didn't play consistent enough... on D or O), Richardson (could be the starter), C. Wright (don't think he makes the team), McGuire (I see him as the backup SF)... plus any rookie that is picked up....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:B. Wright (didn't play consistent enough... on D or O), Richardson (could be the starter),

:mrgreen: I'm guessing you mean D. Wright and Jefferson?

... though I love the We Believe throwbacks!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 am
32 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:B. Wright (didn't play consistent enough... on D or O), Richardson (could be the starter),

:mrgreen: I'm guessing you mean D. Wright and Jefferson?

... though I love the We Believe throwbacks!

haha, must have been drinking... but yes that is what I meant
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm
An early candidate would be Jenkins. I read an article that he kept asking to open the gym for him so they give him the keys to get it over with. A player that works that hard can't fail (except from bad luck). I also believe we acquired Jack as a safety feature for Curry not because we don't believe in Jenkins. No matter how good Jenkins is or will be a third PG was needed period.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:30 pm
Jack can also play a bit of SG, not that he should unless his playing well. Be something a year from now when RJ and AB are very tradeable. The team could make moves to become a contender.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:51 am
Well i have to say i am very disappointed to say the least from Tyler. He is telling the FO that there is no doubt, we need a backup PF, period.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:26 am
And the FO will get one, paying a bit more than they first wanted to if needed. Tyler is not doing his long term security any good right now.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:31 am
Klay. I can see him averaging 20ppg this year.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:33 pm
I'd have to go with Klay. Although he already had an impressive rookie campaign, I really see him stepping up this upcoming season. Just from the first two summer league games (yea, I know, it's just summer league, but still), you can tell he's really working on the other aspects of his game (ie driving to the hoop, finding open players, and defense). If he becomes affective at getting to the rim at will, he will pretty much be unstoppable. Also, you gotta remember, he and Steph didn't really have any significant time together last year either. One could only imagine Klay will get setup with even MORE great looks with Steph on the floor; or even with Bogut dishing the ball out. I'm really excited for this season, and the Sophmore season of Klay in particular.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:50 pm
hobbes wrote:Klay. I can see him averaging 20ppg this year.

That'd be great and if he did, doing it properly, the team would be better than expected, maybe even pushing for top 4 in the West. I think 15ppg for Klay would be good with the other players the team has.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm
I would be happy with 12 ppg if it goes with good percentage and most of all a lot better defence than last year. Our team has offensive weapons in every position and it will be very hard to defend against the Warriors this year but. We need to get better Firstly in rebounds and secondly in defence.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:43 pm
If those are the nominations, it's easily Klay.

Jenkins is 3rd string, Wright is a D-Leaguer, and Tyler is looking pretty forgotten with the selection of Ezeli.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:47 pm
The question is who will improve more not who is better.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:04 pm
Right. And how are Jenkins, Tyler, and Wright going to be measured in improvement with a combined 7 minutes per game? Klay is the only rotation player listed.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball