Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm
Here is something I put together...

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:57 pm
Looks real nice as well. Though, few things I have to mention, first one being that if I'm not mistaken, we can't have official logos included, cause we're not official site/message board of the Golden State Warriors, and the second one is a bit more personal, cause I hated those jerseys Curry's wearing there, so I'd like him to be in these new ones as well. :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:52 pm
I like it too!

Although the most pleasant thing my friend surprised me with what being able to plug a picture of Bogut in a Warriors jersey on there. Obviously photoshopped, but it looked pretty convincing.

Anyway, that's my only suggestion (along with a ditto about the logo). Other than that, it's a real damn fine looking banner. I'm happy either way.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm
Would be super nice if Bogut played a game in a W's uniform.....

Round 2...revised...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:23 pm
I like the revise version better, BayAreaHoopz... I like it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:40 pm
Nice. Some real good banners created. Nice skills boys.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:15 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Would be super nice if Bogut played a game in a W's uniform.....

Round 2...revised...

I like this one.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:00 pm
I hope some criticism is welcomed and not be mistaken as anything else, but it is me or does the banner kind of imply that they're all dead or something. I don't like how everyone is outlined with a yellow glow and how MJ is faded. I also feel like they should all wear the same colored jersey.

I like how the players look in 32's banner, but I think the background color and font should be changed.

It's great to see some banners available though; thanks you two.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:08 pm
The banner that ends up second (or third, fourth...etc, depending how many we end up having in a competition) we could use as our sigs on some other sites. I'm thinking of using one (or we can make one for that specially) on 49ers message board, there might be fans that are interested in Warriors, but don't know about this place. Just to promote it a bit. What do you guys think?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:16 pm
Guybrush wrote:The banner that ends up second (or third, fourth...etc, depending how many we end up having in a competition) we could use as our sigs on some other sites. I'm thinking of using one (or we can make one for that specially) on 49ers message board, there might be fans that are interested in Warriors, but don't know about this place. Just to promote it a bit. What do you guys think?

Wouldn't that be trolling their board sort of how like bada trolled our board with a signature advertising his new forum?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:20 pm
8th ave wrote:
Guybrush wrote:The banner that ends up second (or third, fourth...etc, depending how many we end up having in a competition) we could use as our sigs on some other sites. I'm thinking of using one (or we can make one for that specially) on 49ers message board, there might be fans that are interested in Warriors, but don't know about this place. Just to promote it a bit. What do you guys think?

Wouldn't that be trolling their board sort of how like bada trolled our board with a signature advertising his new forum?

Depends how you look at it. I don't think it would be trolling, simply because those are two boards that are dedicated to different sports and teams. It's not like we are stealing fans away from them. People might come here and there for different reasons. I am.

And we weren't part of that board, and decided to make another one, about same thing, and take people from there here.

Anyway, I saw people having different links in their sigs...one of them being bri-cho message board, which is the same thing as official 49ers message board, and they are not removing it.

Just a suggestion.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:34 pm
Guybrush wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Depends how you look at it. I don't think it would be trolling, simply because those are two boards that are dedicated to different sports and teams. It's not like we are stealing fans away from them. People might come here and there for different reasons. I am.

And we weren't part of that board, and decided to make another one, about same thing, and take people from there here.

Anyway, I saw people having different links in their sigs...one of them being bri-cho message board, which is the same thing as official 49ers message board, and they are not removing it.

Just a suggestion.

Yeah, I agree. There's a big difference between leaving a banner in a signature (with or without a link) and poaching top posters from a forum. If you go to the members section and look at members by post numbers here, you'll notice a pretty heavy correlation between members that have left and are currently populating bada's board. It's pretty obvious where he got his members from. I don't think Guybrush is suggesting a coup like that; just more of a harmless plug for an already established message board.

If we were invading the 49ers board and specifically trying to lure away top contributors, I'd have a problem with that.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:25 pm
That would be the case if we were another 49ers message board and wanted to make them come here, instead of going there. Which is not the case. It's just another place where you can talk more about Warriors, there you have just one thread. And they can talk about 49ers and anything else there as well. Just giving people some other option, for another part of the conversation, that would be richer with more knowledgeable people that are here mainly because of that.

I was referring to your last sentence 32.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm
Yeah I see what you're saying, Brush. Sounds like a good idea.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:16 pm
MJ on the banner??? All teams put their star players there. I can remember coach's who wrote history in this sports and they where never included in banners and we will put MJ?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball