NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:14 am
BTW, here is a quick rant.

WHy do the Celtics and 76ers have to play on Saturday? the both JUST finished a series on Thursday. Meanwhile, Indiana and Miami play on Sunday when both teams were done even earlier. This league continues to sacrifice fairness and equality (benefitting Miami) for ratings and money. That's totally BS
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:16 am
I'm hoping that Denver will beat the Lakers, that's what I'm hoping for the most. I'm kind of sad for Chicago, thought they could make a nice story, at least by going far, without Rose, but on the other hand, I'm glad that Sixers did something finally. I was expecting Celtics to beat the Hawks, but I kind of like the Hawks as well, sadly one of those teams had to be eliminated.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:BTW, here is a quick rant.

WHy do the Celtics and 76ers have to play on Saturday? the both JUST finished a series on Thursday. Meanwhile, Indiana and Miami play on Sunday when both teams were done even earlier. This league continues to sacrifice fairness and equality (benefitting Miami) for ratings and money. That's totally BS

I think it has to do with outside factors... aka, tv schedules, arena availability, etc.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:BTW, here is a quick rant.

I think it has to do with outside factors... aka, tv schedules, arena availability, etc.

But is unfair and should not have happened that way. I think between rounds the teams need and should have at least three days off before game one of the next series.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 pm
Everything that has happened in the last two days of the NBA playoffs is the opposite of what I wanted. Sixers got screwed by the refs, Nuggets were outmatched in game 7, the Clippers bench was outstanding, and the Heat are the Heat.

I guess I am going to be rooting for the Pacers from here on out now that Memphis is gone.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Everything that has happened in the last two days of the NBA playoffs is the opposite of what I wanted. Sixers got screwed by the refs, Nuggets were outmatched in game 7, the Clippers bench was outstanding, and the Heat are the Heat.

I guess I am going to be rooting for the Pacers from here on out now that Memphis is gone.

Celtics got screwed by the refs today, guess it goes both ways.
First round was pretty much what I expected except for Bulls and Grizzlies.

Bulls, could recover from Rose's injurry, and Grizzlies beat themselves. Really, they should have won game 1 and the entire series would have been different.
Other then that, I had picked Lakers in 7, and the rest of my picks were only 1 game off.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:34 am
Blackfoot wrote:Everything that has happened in the last two days of the NBA playoffs is the opposite of what I wanted. Sixers got screwed by the refs, Nuggets were outmatched in game 7, the Clippers bench was outstanding, and the Heat are the Heat.

I'm the same!... I was rooting for the grizzlies as well. And, like you, I now see myself rooting for the Pacers.

Out of the 8 teams, here is my list of who i want to win it all:

1. Pacers- Good team basketball
2. Sixers- Like the Pacers, no real star, just a lot of good players.
3. Spurs- Not a fan of the Spurs, but I really hate everyone else below them.
4. Lakers- My favorite of the 3 evils (Miami and Boston being the other 2)
5. Thunder- If they were the Seattle Supersonics, they would have been higher on my list
6. Clippers- CP3 flops way too much;
7. Boston- As a raider fan, I am still bitter about the tuck game... and yes, that means i hate boston on all sports
8. Miami- The More LeBron loses, the more he will be compared to Dan Marino, not Michael.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 am
Gotdamn... :shock: What an asswhipping last night!

Go OKC!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:42 am
So Glad the HEAT are down.. 2-1

I can smell a HEATCHOKEJOB
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:06 pm
NBA Finals: Spurs vs OKC ....

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 am
Heat lose Bosh and look rather weak now. Maybe they can't get it done this season either. Spurs looking great on the other hand and so are OKC.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:44 pm
Not only is Bosh out, but Dwayne Wade's reputation is seriously taking a hit. Wade has player (and acted) so bad, that he actually taken the attention off of LeBron's mediocre play in the series. That's how bad he has become.

When Chalmers scores 25, and you still lose by 19... your in big trouble. Here is to a Pacers victory (and more drama in Miami)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 pm
Spurs show what championship caliber they are by coming back from 24, going on a 24-0 run in fact, to beat the Clips and take a 3-0 lead. Go the Spurs, show that moral and hard work are the attributes of true champions.

Thunder come back in the 4th quarter to beat the Lakers and go up 3-1. Kobe choked a bit, Durant also, but made the big three for the win. Westbrook looks like a superstar himself and I will start seeing him as one.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:53 pm
Dwayne wade started off 1-8, and since has been 11 for 11... what happened to him? Was he pulling a childish protest, like LeBron has been known to do in the past?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:13 pm
Heat beat Pacers to even series 2-2. Lebron and Wade basically did it all, Lebron almost with a monstrous triple double as you'll ever see, 40pts, 18rebs and 9asts. Still wasn't easy for the Heat and that series is looking real close and hard to call.

Spurs beat Clips to sweep the series. Close game that came to the end where CP missed the shot to tie it. Spurs look the goods and them against the Thunder would be an awesome series, as that's what it looks like being. Spurs now 8-0 in these playoffs with two sweeps. Be something if they swept every series though very unlikely. Great showing so far.

The Thunder duo look as good as the Heat duo right now. Be a great matchup Heat v Thunder, though I want the Spurs to win it all, would be more entertaining to see OKC and Miami. Two great duos battling, but without Bosh, Heat would likely not have enough to win.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum