Blake Griffin the sissy

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:00 pm
And, yeah, Gladness is looking good...I'm wondering if there's a chance that we will keep him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:02 pm
:wink: I know, I saw. Griffin's doing the Kobe thing today cause he doesn't see any Warriors that have more clout than him. Griffin also pushed off on the break-away, I was teasing to see if you caught it haha.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:03 pm
Meh, it's easy to tease over the board, where I can't read your facial expressions. :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:32 pm
So did Griffin do anything "low" tonight :)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 am
I brought this up in another thread, but apparently Griffin is going public with his displeasure about being the guy that every single team hacks on a nightly basis:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2 ... cago-bulls

Guy, maybe this is why he's resorting to flopping more this year? Combine a 51% FT average with posterizing pogo sticks around the cup and you got a recipe for getting smashed on inside the paint. Shaquille O'Neal used to get tired of this crap too. You gotta admit, even though Griffin has resorted to exaggerating contact in an attempt to draw whistles and get his opponents off of him, this kinda crap gets really old really fast.

Can you remember the last time you went to the park and it just felt like you were getting mugged by your man all afternoon? That's how this dude feels almost every night!
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 am
32 wrote:I brought this up in another thread, but apparently Griffin is going public with his displeasure about being the guy that every single team hacks on a nightly basis:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2 ... cago-bulls

Guy, maybe this is why he's resorting to flopping more this year? Combine a 51% FT average with posterizing pogo sticks around the cup and you got a recipe for getting smashed on inside the paint. Shaquille O'Neal used to get tired of this crap too. You gotta admit, even though Griffin has resorted to exaggerating contact in an attempt to draw whistles and get his opponents off of him, this kinda crap gets really old really fast.

Can you remember the last time you went to the park and it just felt like you were getting mugged by your man all afternoon? That's how this dude feels almost every night!

As long as the refs call it, he should have a problem with it. And he should focus on his FT%, and then they will stop fouling him. The thing that I don't like are his flops and his exageration are on plays that are clearly not hard hits or intentional hits. He is a PF, you are going to get bumped a little bit, but when someone brushes up against him, he goes flying like he was shoved.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:44 pm
I'll admit that he gets hit a lot...I wasn't denying that, but, that is mostly cause he plays hard on both ends. It's not like he's a gentle little flower. That's why I can't like him, he's a perfect example of hypocrite. He likes to finish strong on the rim, elbowing someone in the process, but he doesn't like when someone returns the favor, no matter if it's on offense or defense. He still gets those calls, and those guys can't hack him that much cause they get in the foul trouble real fast. He's the one who avoids calls...and yet, he's the one that's complaining.

Once again, it's not that I don't like his dunks or play, it's his attitude and how he handles things. You wanna show yourself to the fans as a big and strong mofo, then be one, and shut the **** up. No matter how good you are at something you do, if you're a kind of person I don't like, I'll never buy into you as a player as well.

Just my point of view.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Blake drives a kia /thread
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:16 am
Pink Jerseys with laces to all the floppers and Hollywood actors in the NBA. Blake Griffin, Lebron, D Wade, Mario "I fall down every play" Chambers, Pau, etc etc.
ahhh someone poked my eye.... D Wade. cmon.

I'd love to see the NBA played on a street court, call your own fouls, no Stern refs in your pocket. The refs aren't as bad as a few years ago, but these stars like Blake Griffin do this stuff cuz they know it's rewarded and they know the refs are so ready to blow that whistle for every exaggerated reaction. Griffin reminds me of that guy playing pickup ball, biggest dude on the court, but cries if someone fouls him.

Hope no playoff games are decided this way. Flopping, diving, etc corrupts the game...belongs in soccer, not basketball.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Completely agree.

Flopping is killing the sport.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 pm
Damn it, for a sec I thought you agreed that Griffin is a sissy. :mrgreen:

And there's nothing much to say about flopping...it's lame, and it kills the game only because of the refs. I'd change the rules, so when I see a guy that flops, I'd give him a personal, or even technical foul for that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:07 am
Haha, well I might come around soon if people start recognizing like CWebb did:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/0 ... 99239.html

Chris Webber wrote:I've played in the playoffs with team's that were known for flopping and you do not get respect... Flopping is not a plus in this game.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum