Favorite line up for 2012-13

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Andrew Bogut have to stay healthy and be productive for the Warriors to have any chance of going to the playoffs, that is the bottom line. It will be interesting to see if Curry and Bogut stay healthy to go through the season.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 pm
honestly the only injury prone player on the starting lineup would be curry bc of that darn ankle but bogut always suffers freak injuries. i think for somereason he'll be somewhat like garnett and change the culture in golden state like how he did in boston when he first came. the only 2 factors affecting the season would be meshing together since this lineup hasnt ever played a second together and injuries. other than that im tooooooo excited man way too excited

on a side note do you think barnes is worth it? (i was thinking of drafting a 4 or something and make lee trade fodder?) his performance in his last year in college was very disappointing. didnt show much skill except shooting i thought we had enough of those cant play much d and has no handles lol i really like rush or mcguire at the 3 good defenders and rush is a good shooter and mcguire does everything else
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:24 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
32 wrote:It really is scary to envision how the Warriors might look next season. Compared to their end-of-the-season lineup:

PG: Charles Jenkins / Nate Robinson
SG: Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Chris Wright / Dorell Wright
PF: Jeremy Tyler / Dominic McGuire
C: Mickell Gladness / Mikki Moore

At #6 or #7 (without even bringing a trade-up scenario into it), we're likely to land Harrison Barnes. If we moved up, it's likely be to see if MKG falls to 3 or 4... But even with Barnes, just imagine it...

PG: Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG : Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes / Richard Jefferson / Dorell Wright
PF: David Lee / Dominic McGuire / Jeremy Tyler
C: Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

Talk about a three-year make over... I'm giddy just thinking about it. That squad looks like a 5 seed to me.

I think a 5th seed is a bit of a reach. Especially when we have no clue what is going to go on in the offseason... Having a young SF and SG will result in some growing up. Maybe in 2 years....I think this team will be solid offensively, but still a bit weak defensively.

I agree, defense will still be a bit of an issue, though nowhere near as much and the team will struggle to make the top 4, though possible if most goes well. If the team can add a good SF to start, definately could be a top 4 team in the West.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:57 am
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
32 wrote:It really is scary to envision how the Warriors might look next season. Compared to their end-of-the-season lineup:

PG: Charles Jenkins / Nate Robinson
SG: Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Chris Wright / Dorell Wright
PF: Jeremy Tyler / Dominic McGuire
C: Mickell Gladness / Mikki Moore

At #6 or #7 (without even bringing a trade-up scenario into it), we're likely to land Harrison Barnes. If we moved up, it's likely be to see if MKG falls to 3 or 4... But even with Barnes, just imagine it...

PG: Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG : Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes / Richard Jefferson / Dorell Wright
PF: David Lee / Dominic McGuire / Jeremy Tyler
C: Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

Talk about a three-year make over... I'm giddy just thinking about it. That squad looks like a 5 seed to me.

I think a 5th seed is a bit of a reach. Especially when we have no clue what is going to go on in the offseason... Having a young SF and SG will result in some growing up. Maybe in 2 years....I think this team will be solid offensively, but still a bit weak defensively.

I agree, defense will still be a bit of an issue, though nowhere near as much and the team will struggle to make the top 4, though possible if most goes well. If the team can add a good SF to start, definately could be a top 4 team in the West.

Then again, if we are lucky and win ANthony Davis, that we should make the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 am
While I won't say I'm certain it'll happen, I'm excited to wait and see. Simple and plain: big men make teams GO in this league. The addition of Andrew Bogut (who I don't believe is injury prone), along with DLee (who plays 80 games a year) is flat out scary. :headbang:

The amount of work guys like Steph, Klay, Jenkins, RJ, Rush, and Wright have to do will be totally leveled off... And that makes them even more dangerous. Not only will the wings have more open jumpers or sagging defenders, but David Lee (who has fought against centers and double-teams this year) gets to physically impose himself onto actual power forwards, where he's at his most dangerous (don't feed me elevated stats at the center position; watch actual game footage and you'll see that Lee scores easier on smaller opponents).

Monta Ellis was great when he was hot. It's nice to have a crutch like that; a guy you can throw the ball to every play and he'll score when he's on. But when he's cold... He's not the same guy. I was really getting sick of watching him score 24 points on 25 shots.

Andrew Bogut will not take 25 shots... He won't even take 20. Most nights, I'm guessing, it'll be like pulling teeth to get him 15 attempts. But what he will do is open up the offense for everyone; our scorers are all immediately more dangerous, as is the prospect of Golden State on the offensive glass. It's a more efficient system... And, frankly, it's better than anything the West has outside of OKC, Dallas, and both LA teams. Even the Grizzlies are a toss-up with us now. The team, on paper, is really, really nasty.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:12 pm
32 wrote:While I won't say I'm certain it'll happen, I'm excited to wait and see. Simple and plain: big men make teams GO in this league. The addition of Andrew Bogut (who I don't believe is injury prone), along with DLee (who plays 80 games a year) is flat out scary. :headbang:

The amount of work guys like Steph, Klay, Jenkins, RJ, Rush, and Wright have to do will be totally leveled off... And that makes them even more dangerous. Not only will the wings have more open jumpers or sagging defenders, but David Lee (who has fought against centers and double-teams this year) gets to physically impose himself onto actual power forwards, where he's at his most dangerous (don't feed me elevated stats at the center position; watch actual game footage and you'll see that Lee scores easier on smaller opponents).

Monta Ellis was great when he was hot. It's nice to have a crutch like that; a guy you can throw the ball to every play and he'll score when he's on. But when he's cold... He's not the same guy. I was really getting sick of watching him score 24 points on 25 shots.

Andrew Bogut will not take 25 shots... He won't even take 20. Most nights, I'm guessing, it'll be like pulling teeth to get him 15 attempts. But what he will do is open up the offense for everyone; our scorers are all immediately more dangerous, as is the prospect of Golden State on the offensive glass. It's a more efficient system... And, frankly, it's better than anything the West has outside of OKC, Dallas, and both LA teams. Even the Grizzlies are a toss-up with us now. The team, on paper, is really, really nasty.

I don't really care about Bogut's Offensive threats... even though it would be nice to have someone to dump it down low to if the other team goes "small", but what he brings is more important on deffense. Clog up the lane, having to avoid double teams, and getting rebounds so we can run out more and pick up the pace. It is going to make us better defensively, and that can turn into easy buckets. And with shooters like Klay, Curry and Rush (please bring him back)... BOOM! we have a excellent squad. Even D. Wright and Jefferson if they are still here, are good 3 point shooters.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 am
I'm so excited about next season. I know we say this for every season, but this one is different. We actually have a legit center to look forward to now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:38 am
I can say that I personally am looking at next season being pretty successful, like making the playoffs, but I'm not yet excited, I will be if the team gets a very good SF, because then that'll mean the team is properly set and really could be a contender or close to it.

I know I've been going on about getting a SF and I've given a few that I'd like to see the FO try to get in a trade, but that's only because I see it as so important to not have any holes in the roster and though Rush and McGuire are good, they are not good for a starting SF, at least, not among the top half of starting SFs in the nba. Good role players though, at times very good.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:47 pm
is reggie evans a free agent after this year? the guy can seriously help any team with rebounding toughness and defense. great backup to bogut
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 pm
ShadsTheWarrior wrote:is reggie evans a free agent after this year? the guy can seriously help any team with rebounding toughness and defense. great backup to bogut

He's a free agent, but his price tag is similar to that of McGuire, so I seriously doubt the Clippers letting him get away when they can retain him so frugally.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:19 pm
curry
klay
wallace
lee
bogut

i think kris humphries would help the team too if we can get himi. the guy is a rebounds vacuum machine and he hustle! and his ex wife is freakin hot too :banghead:
plz make it happen
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:19 am
Reggie Evans is a great rebounder and awful at everything else. we can draft a big that can contribute in more ways than him with the Spur's 1st rounder.

Don't think the Nets will let Humphries go, he has been quite good for them. He'd be good here though, but will likely get a good contract that pays pretty high.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 am
Great rebounder... AND the dirtiest mofo in the game. Reggie Evans is exhausting to play against. He sets dirty screens, hooks guys on rebounds, hits small players, talks trash... The guy is valuable for lots of reasons (albeit, offense isn't among them).
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball