NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 am
With no Rondo, Celts beat Hawks in Atlanta and now series 1-1.Great win for them and Rondo will be back for the next game.

Philly beat Chicago easily and heading to Philly it's 1-1. Chicago still has lots of weapons, but Philly must feel good after Evan Turner and Iguodala played well, along with their underrated backcourt.

Lakers hung on against Denver to go up 2-0. Kobe and Bynum again huge.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:15 am
Going to be interesting...Heat clearly look to be the strongest team in the East.... however, they are incredibly vulnerable. they are one injury of completely falling apart. Can't say that about the other contenders who although don't have the stars like the heat, they have the depth.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:15 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Going to be interesting...Heat clearly look to be the strongest team in the East.... however, they are incredibly vulnerable. they are one injury of completely falling apart. Can't say that about the other contenders who although don't have the stars like the heat, they have the depth.


I disagree... Heat would have to have 2 injuries to fall apart. If they loose one of the big 3, the other 2 step in... C. Bosh is underated there in my opinion.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:52 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Going to be interesting...Heat clearly look to be the strongest team in the East.... however, they are incredibly vulnerable. they are one injury of completely falling apart. Can't say that about the other contenders who although don't have the stars like the heat, they have the depth.


I disagree... Heat would have to have 2 injuries to fall apart. If they loose one of the big 3, the other 2 step in... C. Bosh is underated there in my opinion.



I agree, it looks like Bosh has really taken a backseat to the other two, but he can step up any time himself. I understand though, the Heat are those three superstars and role players, but I like their role players. MMiller, Battier, Chalmers and Haslem are all good contributors.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 am
migya wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Going to be interesting...Heat clearly look to be the strongest team in the East.... however, they are incredibly vulnerable. they are one injury of completely falling apart. Can't say that about the other contenders who although don't have the stars like the heat, they have the depth.


I disagree... Heat would have to have 2 injuries to fall apart. If they loose one of the big 3, the other 2 step in... C. Bosh is underated there in my opinion.



I agree, it looks like Bosh has really taken a backseat to the other two, but he can step up any time himself. I understand though, the Heat are those three superstars and role players, but I like their role players. MMiller, Battier, Chalmers and Haslem are all good contributors.


Don't forget about the amazing James Jones and Joel Anthony... haha... But their role players have really fallen flat this season. ON paper, they look like good names. But really watching them over the course of this season, all four of them have been underperforming to what they did in the past. This team has essentially piggie backed on LeBron all season (thus the reason he easily is winning the MVP). If he goes down, this team is over with (even if bosh and wade still play).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Going to be interesting...Heat clearly look to be the strongest team in the East.... however, they are incredibly vulnerable. they are one injury of completely falling apart. Can't say that about the other contenders who although don't have the stars like the heat, they have the depth.


I disagree... Heat would have to have 2 injuries to fall apart. If they loose one of the big 3, the other 2 step in... C. Bosh is underated there in my opinion.



I agree, it looks like Bosh has really taken a backseat to the other two, but he can step up any time himself. I understand though, the Heat are those three superstars and role players, but I like their role players. MMiller, Battier, Chalmers and Haslem are all good contributors.


Don't forget about the amazing James Jones and Joel Anthony... haha... But their role players have really fallen flat this season. ON paper, they look like good names. But really watching them over the course of this season, all four of them have been underperforming to what they did in the past. This team has essentially piggie backed on LeBron all season (thus the reason he easily is winning the MVP). If he goes down, this team is over with (even if bosh and wade still play).



I understand what you're saying, but Wade and Bosh are still who they are and they can be superstars any time. It would almost be good for them if Lebron didn't play a few games in the playoffs just to remember what they can all do.


Speaking of which, today the Heat spanked the Knicks again, with Lebron scoring 17 of his 32 points in the 4th quarter. The man should get MVP, though Durant is an outsider, and turns it on when he has to. Knicks going to get swept.

Thunder smashed Mavs in Dallas. Surprised the Mavs didn't win that one as they had to. Thunder will win, though I think in five.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:42 am
Boston took the lead in their series against Atlanta. Hawks did well without JSmith and hung in until near the end. Rondo another triple double, that guy is amazing.

Philly beat Chicago to take the lead in that series. They got the lead in the last few minutes and both those teams don't look like being championship material in truth.

Denver won their first game in their series with the Lakers, beating them well. McGee was the factor, finally playing well for the Nugs. If he can be a monster like that, Bynum won't dominate and I think Denver will have the advantage, with more weapons, but Harrington is out with a broken nose after getting an accidental elbow from Bynum. That could be a pretty big factor too, because Harrington scores well off their bench.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:05 pm
Wow, with Rose out of the picture, there is no one in the east good enough to stop Miami. The west is so competitive that it will be exciting seeing who comes out on top.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:32 pm
What a night in the nba playoffs. Two very close games decided near the end, a sweep of the defnding champs and a former champ close to a sweep themselves.

Indiana beat Orlando in Orlando for the second straight game to go up 3-1. That's three straight games for the Pacers and this one was in OT after they blew a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter. They got it on two FTs by GHill at the end. Makes you think that with Dwight, likely the Magic would have smashed the Pacers.

The Clips went up 2-1 in their series with the Grizz, winning another close one by a point. Really thought the Clips were nothing special and would fall in the playoffs, especially against the powerful Grizz, but the Grizz haven't seemed that good as they usually are. This series could go to seven.

OKC swept the defending champ Dallas. They were down by a fair bit early in the 4th quarter and came back to win. Harden looks like a superstar himself and he went off this game. Thunder look like real contenders and they go against either the Lakers or Nugs. Seeing Kobe against Durant would be real good, as well as Ibaka against PGasol. The Mavs fell hard this season and need to replace TChandler and that defense. Cuban has to go spending again to get it done.

Spurs outdid the Jazz again and took 3-0 lead. Looks like it'll be a sweep and San Antonio look like contenders yet again, seems like every season they are. Parker slices through teams with near effortlessness.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:06 am
Philly beat Chicago again to go up 3-1. The #1 team looks like going out in the 1st round.

New York barely beat Miami to stay alive, but now it goes back to the Heat for likely the last game of this series.

Boston smashed Atlanta to go up 3-1. Horford is back, but the Hawks don't look like even winning another game in this series.

Lakers beat Nugs in a very close game and now lead 3-1.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:08 am
I see Atlanta winning game 5. I know they lost big, but I won't count them out just yet. Joe Johnson needs to play consistent.

I think Miami and LA win game 5 as well, ending their series (but denver will put on a show... they are a good team that will be even better next year).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 am
I don't know about Denver. They look like they are playing better than their talent, but I do think if Farriat and McGee can become very good PF and Center respectively for them that they could be real good, but those two are ifs, moreso McGee.

Rondo huge again and his playmaking just amazes. Man I'd love to get him here, but noway of getting him.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 am
Indiana spanked Orlando to win that series 4-1. As expected, Indiana ran over them after losing game one.

Chicago stayed alive with a close win at home against Philly. Turner was awful, again, and is looking like a bust more and more. Going to Philly for game six.

Atlanta beat Boston in a thrilling game at the end when Rondo stole the ball down by one point and them got stopped on his would be layup attempt by Horford, who is back in a big way, leading the Hawjs at home. Back to Boston for game six.

Denver stayed alive against the Lakers by winning a close game where Kobe scored 43, hitting four threes in the last five minutes. McGee again played well, outplayed Bynum actually and is starting to look like the young Center that can dominate a bit. Game six is in Denver so could go to seven this series.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21441
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:58 pm
What a couple of games tonight.

Philly unbelievably beat Chicago to win the series 4-2, in the last moments as Asik missed his two free throws with 7 seconds left that would have given the Bulls a three point lead. Iguodala got the rebound, sprinted down court and got fouled, made both free throws to win the game by one point. Bulls were valiant, but Philly finally wins a series after quite some years.

Boston beat Atlanta to win the series 4-2. KG played like he did when he was in his prime. Celts face Philly in the 2nd round in what should be an interesting matchup. Both teams seem to play with no one star really, but some four or five players contributing most games. Rondo should destroy Philly in this series and that should be the difference.

Denver beat Lakers to even the series 3-3. Last game is in L.A. ans hould be real good. The Nugs spanked the Lakers throughout the game and look capable of winning it all if they play like that. Lawson went off to outduel Kobe.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:09 am
I'm shocked Chicago lost... thought they were good enough.

I am rooting for Memphis in these playoffs... hopefully they win tonight.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron