Landry Fields, anyone?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:54 pm
Small forward is the position the Golden State Warriors are hoping to improve at over the offseason, whether it be through the draft or in free agency, and Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group tweets today that Landry Fields could be a possibility.

Fields has certainly been a pleasant surprise since being taken with the No. 39 pick in the 2010 NBA draft, but we have to wonder just how much of an upgrade he'd be to some of the other players that could be in the mix at the 3 for the Warriors.

After all, Brandon Rush is a restricted free agent that the Warriors appear to be hopeful of bringing back, and both Richard Jefferson and Dorell Wright are under contract for next season as well. Dominic McGuire is another player who is set to become a free agent, but one the team appears to like.

Bringing in Fields would make some sense -- he played his college ball right across the San Francisco Bay at Stanford, and the Warriors reportedly liked him during pre-draft workouts. But at this point, Fields would probably be a fall-back option for the Warriors under new GM Bob Myers.

I know this **** is starting to sound redundant, but the only way he comes to us is if he accepts the MLE which is actually pretty realistic. He digressed a little from his rookie season but he's everything that the Warriors need. First off, he's very reliable. Played in every game ever since he was drafted and have not encountered any injuries thus far. Secondly, he's plays sound basketball. He a good passer, moves without the ball well, and is a great complimentary player for Curry, Thompson, Lee, and Bogut. And last but not least, he plays defense! or at least I'm under the impression that he does. lol
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:16 pm
I like him as a young player; he hasn't really thrilled me after his initial year when he looked deceptively versatile. It'd be a totally different situation if we were thin on the wings, but (assuming Rush is retained for around $4 million per), we're already looking at $17 million next year between him, Jefferson, and DWright. Last offseason (when it was just Dorell), I would have been all for bringing in Fields.

Red light.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:48 pm
The team needs a very good player to start at SF, not another decent SF that would be better as a backup.

Spend the money properly is what has to be done, the team is tie up with at least two bad contracts already.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball