NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 pm
Maybe the mods can sticky this thread until the playoffs are over.

We can talk about the playoffs in this thread.

Great matchups in the 1st round. I personally think Boston is the only lower ranked team of all the matchups that will win their series.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 pm
Don't be shocked if The Mavericks upset the Thunder in Round 1.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 pm
PAWNO wrote:Don't be shocked if The Mavericks upset the Thunder in Round 1.

I would be totally shocked, Mavs don't have the team they did last year. Brandon Hayward is not nearly as good as Chandler, and it is going to show in the Playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked if Denver beats Lakers. I just don't think Lakers chemistry as a team is good, and to many question marks, Kobe's health, Bynums attitude, Meta world peace, weak bench....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 pm
I just think the young legs favours teams like OKC during this compressed regular season.

As the lockout in no way affected the dates of the playoff and teams won't be playing back to back, then I think that could very well favour a team like Dallas.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:23 am
Dallas would have to rise to have a chance of beating Thunder, but could definately happen. They're the defending champs, have alot of experience and the Thunder might fold under the pressure, but I doubt it after how good they performed in last season's playoffs. I'd bet my money on the Thunder and them likely blowing the Mavs out of the arena most games in that series.

Denver has a real chance against the Lakers, but I just think they don't have enough firepower and Lakers look determined to be champions again. Health could be what brings the Lakers down, as Kobe has not been 100%, but he almost always rises when it's needed.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 pm
Heat thrashed Knicks by a ton. Lebron played only three quaters and went on to score 32. Heat look dominant.

Bulls beat Philly, but Rose tears ACL and out for the rest of playoffs. They'll likely beat Philly, but that's it.

Magic upset Pacers in Indiana in Game 1. Amazing that the Magic have that fighting spirit without Dwight and have stolen the first game.

Thunder steal game 1 from Mavs. The Mavs had it, but Thunder roared back in the last minute and a bit. Thunder won by one point on a game winner by Durant with 1.5secs left. Mavs will feel that one.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:09 pm
I had to redo my whole bracket after the DRose injury last night... Here's the updated version:

WCQF

Spurs DESTROY Jazz
Grizzlies beat Clippers
Lakers beat Nuggets
Thunder (in 7) beat Mavericks

WCSF

Lakers beat Thunder (7)
Grizzlies beat Spurs (my underdog pick, I see Memphis doing it in 6 after stealing the 1st two games)

WCF

Lakers MASH ON Grizzlies

Western Conference Champions: Los Angeles Lakers

ECQF

Bulls beat 76ers
Celtics over Hawks
Pacers over Magic
Heat over Knicks

ECSF

Celtics NASTY UP Bulls (SWEEP)
Heat over Pacers

ECF

Heat over Celtics

Eastern Conference Champions: Miami Heat

NBA FINALS

Heat over Lakers in 7

NBA Finals MVP: LeBron James (gotta be hung like a broken arm to make this pick, but I'm feeling it)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 pm
With Atlanta beating Boston and Rondo likely being suspended for game 2, I think Hawks could ow win this series. JSmith is looking like a top 10 player with the way he's played lately.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:56 pm
agree migya... i see atlanta winning the series. I still think Bulls will go to Eastern Conference Finals without Rose, and could still very well win it. They are so well coached and got solid backup pg's that have stepped up this season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 pm
Wow, Clips with huge come back to beat Grizz at the end. Grizz will be hit hard by that loss.

I see the Bulls losing to either Celts or Hawks in the 2nd round, though wouldn't be surprised if they won and went to the ECF.

Spurs look great and a real contender. Lakers look like destroying the Nugs and now that Bynum is playing at superstar level, I see them as a real contender, maybe going all the way again.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:20 am
Thunder pull out another end of game win at hime over the Mavs to go up 2-0. Mavs have to be feeling empty a bit right now, but they also have got to be feeling good that they took close to the nba's best team right to the end of both games at their home. Now going back to Dallas they do have to win them both.

Pacers beat Magic to tie the series and now headed to Orlando.

Heat beat New York again, though not as much of a spanking, to go up 2-0. Looks like it's going to be a sweep.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:58 am
migya wrote:Thunder pull out another end of game win at hime over the Mavs to go up 2-0. Mavs have to be feeling empty a bit right now, but they also have got to be feeling good that they took close to the nba's best team right to the end of both games at their home. Now going back to Dallas they do have to win them both.

Pacers beat Magic to tie the series and now headed to Orlando.

Heat beat New York again, though not as much of a spanking, to go up 2-0. Looks like it's going to be a sweep.

no surprises there... i expected all three of them to win yesterday and the series.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 am
Amare took the meaning of "attack the glass" too seriously.

Woodson: "Amare, we need you to attack the glass."
Stoudemire: "OK, coach."
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:56 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Amare took the meaning of "attack the glass" too seriously.

haha, knicks are looking aweful. That is what happens when you have Melo stopping the ball and the team is waiting for him to make a move. Amare probably punched the glass as to not have to get embarrassed in front of the home court next game. Might as well sit out if it is Melo vs. Maimi.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:42 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Amare took the meaning of "attack the glass" too seriously.

:D
Next

Return to NBA Forum