The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:30 pm
THe best option for Paeyton was the niners... it was too much pressure for him. He was worried about the have to win situation. Lame in my opinion... if your great, you want to go out great.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:45 pm
TO is back in the NFL.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:30 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:TO is back in the NFL.

Yup returning to the NFC west, but not the team he wants to play for... Seahags just trying to catch something with another top 2 all-time, former 9er WR with their sorry group of receivers.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm

It's going to be a long season if the starting QB is throwing balls into 4 defenders with not a receiver in sight.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 am
FOOTBALL SUNDAY! So stoked!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm
Many lopsided affairs and some poor performances. RG3 wasn't much of a surprise, to me anyways. I really wanted that guy in at least one of my fantasy leagues...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:28 pm
RG3 is going to be fun to watch all season. Luck was pretty good for a rookie too... fun opener!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:02 am
Top 5 Questions for week 2

5. Will Harbaugh/Schwartz make up? rematch of last weeks Lions and Niners Game? I say, they play it off and move on.

4. Speaking of the Niners, are they the NFL's best team? The Lions should be a great test for them. I personally believe Atlanta and Baltimore will challenge them for the top spot this year, but the 49ers should be up there with them.

3. How long can Sanchez play like a great QB? He was really good in the opener. I personally doubt he can do it again. A bigger question, possible for next week, is if Sanchez plays well, does that mean Tebow is on the trading block?

4. How will Brandon Weedon/Michael Vick do this week? Both played just terrible last week. If either of the two have another bad game, it will set their franchises back a couple of seasons.

1. Is RG3 for reals? If so, the NFL might have the most dynamic, game changing, player enter the NFL since Vick, and at least he can throw.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Top 5 Questions for week 2

5. Will Harbaugh/Schwartz make up? rematch of last weeks Lions and Niners Game? I say, they play it off and move on.

4. Speaking of the Niners, are they the NFL's best team? The Lions should be a great test for them. I personally believe Atlanta and Baltimore will challenge them for the top spot this year, but the 49ers should be up there with them.

3. How long can Sanchez play like a great QB? He was really good in the opener. I personally doubt he can do it again. A bigger question, possible for next week, is if Sanchez plays well, does that mean Tebow is on the trading block?

2. How will Brandon Weedon/Michael Vick do this week? Both played just terrible last week. If either of the two have another bad game, it will set their franchises back a couple of seasons.

1. Is RG3 for reals? If so, the NFL might have the most dynamic, game changing, player enter the NFL since Vick, and at least he can throw.

After Sunday:

5. Yes
4. Yes
3. 1 week, lol
2. Weedon put up some nice numbers. Vick looked ok, but needs to stop throwing picks.
1. YES, but Cam also continues to prove that he needs to be mentioned in that discussion as well...

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:35 pm
Niners are in-fact looking like the team, Alex Smith is looking sharp and Frank Gore looking like a beast, it crazy the minor improvements they did to be a more complete team specially in the off-season. From individual improvements to addition of certain players, credit to niners coach. As a raider fan this blows, why not us.

Lol Sanchez and the jets what a bunch of bi-polar bunch.

Vick plays out of control, crazy out of control, he is stll the quickest dude in the league, or one of them.

The Pats, talk about heart breaker, they need to get Welker more involved.

2 rookie running backs Trent Richardson and the other in Tampa bay are foreal great games by both, guess next yr we have more fantasy option at the rb spot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:41 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Top 5 Questions for week 2

4. How will Brandon Weedon/Michael Vick do this week? Both played just terrible last week. If either of the two have another bad game, it will set their franchises back a couple of seasons.

Basically my questions and predictions were pretty spot on.

5. Non issue... which I thought
4. 49ers are tied for best team, with Atlanta.
3. Sanchez Sucked... I knew he couldnt do 2 weeks in a row
2. Philly is a lucky 2-0 team.... Weedon played better
1. I agree with JREED, Cam is pretty darn good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:54 am
Top 5 Questions (and weekly predictions) for WEEK 3:

5. Will replacement refs continue to be awful and let things get out of control (like week 2)? I say not really. It wont be as bad as last week, and as a result, coaches/players wont complain as much.

4. Will the loser of the Patriots/Ravens game still make the playoffs? Loser becomes 1-2. I say it depends. If the Ravens lose, I still think the schedule makes it friendly for them for them to make a spot. I think it is harder for the patriots to recover from 1-2. If PATS lose, i think it will be a long season for NE. Therefore, i predict Patriots win this game. Both teams will make the playoffs.

3. Are the Raiders the NFL's worst team? No. They are the 2nd worst. That title goes to Tennessee. Plus, I think the raiders will play much better this week. I actually think the game against the steelers will be really close. If fact, i will risk my reputation, go out on a limb, and say they upset the steelers this week... as for the Titans, they lose to the Lions!

2. What rookie QB will have the most success this week? " You play to win the game" I only see 1 rookie QB winning this weekend. And that is Andrew Luck. Indy has the jags coming to town. RG3 plays a scrappy Bengals team that will limit his running ability and force him to throw. Weeden is not special. AND the monday nighter has Wilson playing a Packers team that wont be 1-2 after this week.

1. Which 2-0 team will go 3-0, thus displaying their dominance in this first quarter of the season? There 6 teams that are undefeated. 2 of them are automatically going to lose cuz they are facing each other. This means the Cardinals or Eagles are guaranteed to be 3-0. I predict the Eagles win. Cardinals, Chargers and Eagles are lucky to be here. I think the 49ers will underestimate the Vikings, but still manage to win their game. If the Falcons defeat the chargers easily, they should be considered the most dominate team after week one. Texans playing at Denver should be a good test. Though for some reason i see Denver winning this game. If not, the 49ers deserve that title.... to recap. After this week, i predict only 3 teams will be 3-0: NINERS, FALCONS, EAGLES.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 am
5. Bellichick grabbing the referee like that.. I don't think he will get fined but rather a 1 game suspension. I don't think the replacement referees are patrolling the sidelines next Sunday.

4. Patriots loss.. But that AFC EAST division is for New England to lose.. They'll creep in.

3. Raiders made progress, they might be the worst team with a chance at winning their division... With the Chiefs winning and Broncos/Chargers losing. I think it will be a dogfight for whomever wins the west 8-8/9-7 might do it again this year.

2. RgIII and it's not even close.

1. Atlanta is hands down the best team in the league.. What they did to San Diego was embarrasing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:16 pm
I think week 4 will be the last week of replacement officials. I think they will get a deal this week, but they wont be ready for the real refs until week 5...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:46 am
To review my predictions and questions of week 3
5. I was wrong... replacement officials were so bad, it sped up the deal to bring the news ones back
4. Time will tell... pawno you got a point, but i think Buffalo has a shot of this division.
3. I called it. Raiders upset Steelers. I had a feeling we were going to win. Though, they might not be the second worst team... and tennessee won too!
2. Luck looked decent. RG3 is probably winning ROY though. But i am a Stanford guy, so i can dream.
1. I knew 49ers would struggle, but i couldnt predict them losing. I still underestimated the Cardinal. And I knew Falcons were winning.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board