Idea to dump Jefferson

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 am
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:
8th ave wrote:I've been looking at numbers and the only situation I can think of where we can unload RJ/Beans contract is if we give The Wizards a call. They have Rashard Lewis who is owed 22 million next year, but he's an expiring whereas RJ and Beans' contracts doesn't expire until 2013-2014. We'll save around 16 million by making this trade and Washington gains 2 veterans on a very young roster. Honestly, I don't think they'll do it unless we give them more. If we happen to get our top 7 pick, I would throw in San Antonio's 1st round to see if they'll bite. Another thing to consider is that they don't have a starting caliber SF on their roster. They're in prime position to take Michael Kidd-Giltrist, but if he's not ready to start right away, RJ can step in a fill that role until he is. Some of you may think that Jan Vesely could be their starting 3, but I think they can move him to the 4 spot since he doesn't have a perimeter game anyways.


There is no way in hell Wizards trade the last year of Lewis for two more atrocities. I did investigate this situation fully before posting this trade idea and found some things that would work, but I didn't want to get jumped by the great minds who overvalue everything we have and think we just dump Beeds terrible contract.

First thing you have to know about Lewis is he is not guaranteed the entire $22 million. They can buy him out for less and let him walk. Here is a three way trade that works for everyone: Lewis and Millsap here, Beeds and Curry to Utah, Klay and Jefferson to Washington. We end up with $52 million committed salary next year with 28 coming off the books. With the salary cap at $63 million, we'll have enough to sign Deron Williams and Dwight Howard in the offseason.

I take it that "over-valuing" comment was directed at those of us who wouldn't trade Klay Thompson for Tyrus Thomas. Strange that someone who practically advertises their fantasy of having Monta's baby would call out Warriors fans for over valuing someone... Especially a rookie averaging 18 points per in the wake of the Ellis trade. I mean really.

Combine with the whole women-with-facial-hair awkward comment thing that you've never explained... I dunno, dude. I tried not jumping the gun the first couple days, but you have all the red flags of a troll, buddy. 32 back in 2008 would have written a book about you already trying to get you thrown out, but I'm trying to just tune you out with my zen thing.

How about we take a step back and establish if this is a joke or not: what's the deal with the hair-lipped woman comments? Are you a chick who actually has a mustache, is it some buddy-buddy thing you say with your friends, is it a prison term... What are you talking about every other thread when you make that remark?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:13 am
8th ave wrote:1. No. He actually is guaranteed the whole entire 22 million dollars. This isn't the NFL where only a portion of the contract is guaranteed; whenever someone signs a contract in the NBA, you're guaranteed the full amount unless you did something stupid that breached the contract like your beloved Ellis did when he fell off that moped. Also, they can't buy him out unless Lewis himself agrees to it, and that's still depends on whether or not if they can agree on a buyout amount which they probably won't because Lewis will be the 2nd highest paid player after Kobe.


That's actually not true. Some contracts don't guarantee the full amount of the final year. Ex: Vince Carter.

On December 12, 2011, Carter agreed to sign with the defending-champion Dallas Mavericks for a 3 year deal (two of which are not guaranteed),[69] to reunite with former New Jersey teammate Jason Kidd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Carter

The deal starts at about $3 million, which was all the Mavericks had to offer under terms of the new collective-bargaining agreement. The final two years are partially guaranteed.


http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas ... ntract.ece

Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 am
32 wrote:How about we take a step back and establish if this is a joke or not: what's the deal with the hair-lipped woman comments? Are you a chick who actually has a mustache, is it some buddy-buddy thing you say with your friends, is it a prison term... What are you talking about every other thread when you make that remark?


Some men like My Monta, and hopefully Andrew Bogut, have Hirsutism fetishes. ::lol: ::lol:

Mine is from oversensitive hair follicles. I'm not one of those with extra hormones so don't have the other masculine features. I have a very attractive body and feel completely sexy in spite of my "condition". Most men never even look as high as my face!
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 am
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:You really think Cuban is going to just take the worst contract in the league off our hands? We have to give up an asset to dump him. And I think you're crazy if you thing Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Andrew Bynum, Chris Paul and Al Jefferson would even consider coming here. Maybe Smith or Jefferson but the rest have no interest in us.


I think you lost any knowledge of basketball credibility with Jefferson "the worst contract in the league." How his Jefferson the worst contract in the league? 2 years at $21M isn't a deal, but it certainly isn't one of the worst in the league. How about...Rashard Lewis - 2 years @ $46M or Elton Brand - 2 years @ $36M. There are many more people that get paid more that Jefferson for more years that are less productive. Monta Ellis, because of his contract, was a player they had to give up assets to get rid of.

Its not a matter if a player wants to come here or not, but the fact that they'd, at least, have to be players in a free agent market. You never know whats going to happen. I remember 3 years ago, David Lee just finished a 20 point and 11 rebound season and his name was mentioned as a name for the Warriors to get. Many people thought that David Lee couldn't be had. That he would stay in NY or go to a winning team. You'll never know unless you try and if you don't have the assets to at least try, then why even own an NBA team?

Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:31 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:I think you lost any knowledge of basketball credibility with Jefferson "the worst contract in the league." How his Jefferson the worst contract in the league? 2 years at $21M isn't a deal, but it certainly isn't one of the worst in the league. How about...Rashard Lewis - 2 years @ $46M or Elton Brand - 2 years @ $36M. There are many more people that get paid more that Jefferson for more years that are less productive.


What is up with this love for Richard Jefferson? The guy is on a terrible contract and no longer performs. Why do you think San Antonio had to give up an asset to dump him on us?

You're using incorrect numbers anyway. Jefferson has 2 more years left, not 1.


BayAreaHoopz wrote:Monta Ellis, because of his contract, was a player they had to give up assets to get rid of.


More like Millwaukee had to give up an asset to dump S-Jax. There is only one 2nd best center in the league.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:54 pm
He never said RJ had one year left. Read the paragraph you quoted him in.

Also, there's no weird man-love going on for RJ. You're simply preaching to people with priorities. In our opinion, Andris Biedrins has the worst contract on the team, so if we're going to flip a coin on dealing away a bad contract for crap, you should probably consider trading Biedrins (who contributes nothing) instead of RJ (who was among the top 3-point shooters in the league last year. Do your HW).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:47 pm
32 wrote:He never said RJ had one year left. Read the paragraph you quoted him in.

Also, there's no weird man-love going on for RJ. You're simply preaching to people with priorities. In our opinion, Andris Biedrins has the worst contract on the team, so if we're going to flip a coin on dealing away a bad contract for crap, you should probably consider trading Biedrins (who contributes nothing) instead of RJ (who was among the top 3-point shooters in the league last year. Do your HW).


Silly you. You're realy pining to pwn me eh? He quoted Brand and Lewis contracts as two years. Both have one year left, not two, and I responded accordingly by explaining to this HomeWork doing Warriors fan what our players are guaranteed for. Jefferson has two years left where Lewis has one, and that was the focal point of his argument.

Read me enough and you'll realize I am never wrong with these details ever. I already went through this getting called out about the Lewis buyout. But they always get the details wrong and have to stick their foot inside their mouth.

You make an excellent point about Beeds though. Do you think Washington does the deal for Beeds instead of Jeffy?
Last edited by Womb Brooming Monta on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:14 pm
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:
32 wrote:He never said RJ had one year left. Read the paragraph you quoted him in.

Also, there's no weird man-love going on for RJ. You're simply preaching to people with priorities. In our opinion, Andris Biedrins has the worst contract on the team, so if we're going to flip a coin on dealing away a bad contract for crap, you should probably consider trading Biedrins (who contributes nothing) instead of RJ (who was among the top 3-point shooters in the league last year. Do your HW).


I don't know why you're jumping the gun just to pwn me, but I can take this sloooooow just so you'll get the details straight.

Silly you. You're realy pining to pwn me eh? He quoted Brand and Lewis contracts as two years. Both have one year left, not two, and I responded accordingly by explaining to this HomeWork doing Warriors fan what our players are guaranteed for. Jefferson has two years left where Lewis has one, and that was the focal point of his argument.

Read me enough and you'll realize I am never wrong with these details ever. I already went through this getting called out about the Lewis buyout. But they always get the details wrong and have to stick their foot inside their mouth.

You make an excellent point about Beeds though. Do you think Washington does the deal for Beeds instead of Jeffy?

:roll:

Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am
JREED wrote:
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:
32 wrote:He never said RJ had one year left. Read the paragraph you quoted him in.

Also, there's no weird man-love going on for RJ. You're simply preaching to people with priorities. In our opinion, Andris Biedrins has the worst contract on the team, so if we're going to flip a coin on dealing away a bad contract for crap, you should probably consider trading Biedrins (who contributes nothing) instead of RJ (who was among the top 3-point shooters in the league last year. Do your HW).


I don't know why you're jumping the gun just to pwn me, but I can take this sloooooow just so you'll get the details straight.

Silly you. You're realy pining to pwn me eh? He quoted Brand and Lewis contracts as two years. Both have one year left, not two, and I responded accordingly by explaining to this HomeWork doing Warriors fan what our players are guaranteed for. Jefferson has two years left where Lewis has one, and that was the focal point of his argument.

Read me enough and you'll realize I am never wrong with these details ever. I already went through this getting called out about the Lewis buyout. But they always get the details wrong and have to stick their foot inside their mouth.

You make an excellent point about Beeds though. Do you think Washington does the deal for Beeds instead of Jeffy?

:roll:


Oh fine I'll get a link.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/3/7/ ... s-contract

As has been noted several times, the Washington Wizards will have a chance to get out from under the final year of Rashard Lewis' massive contract next summer by buying him out for a partial amount of the money he's guaranteed. Previous reports suggested that number was around $10 million of his $22.7 million salary, and it was based on incentives that seemed impossible to reach. However, according to Michael Lee, Lewis' buyout number will actually be around $13.7 million due to incentives he hit while with the Orlando Magic.

A buyout for Rashard Lewis next season is now worth $13.7 mil, not $10 mil, because RL reached necessary contract incentives in ORL #wizards
— Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) March 7, 2012
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:40 pm
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:Jefferson has 2 years left, not 1.

You either made a mistake or you misspoke. The quoted sentence as translated through the dialect of the English language in long-hand format is as stated: "Richard Jefferson has two years left; not one year left."

If you meant to say "... instead of one year like Brand or Lewis", your ensuing defense would be called for. As it was written in it's original form (which has already been edited once at this point), you had no reason to call BayAreaHoopz on a technicality; as he was purely going off what you had written.

Let's try to keep malice out of the discussion. I don't mind a disagreement... And beyond that, I don't mind a disagreement involving some personal ribbing. But it should all be in good fun. I'm not trying to personally attack (or pwn) you; I have my opinions of your level of knowledge based on what I've read, but I'm not calling you any names or shooting down your ideas purely because "I don't like you" or any other personal reason you might think; I'm actually tremendously excited that we've added another active member to this forum who seems to be well versed in our team. I do find this constant need to shove "women with facial hair" into every single thread here to be extremely troll-ish, but I've said as much to you in another thread and unless others feel the same way, I don't think there's any reason to make huge waves about it. That being said, I apologize if I made you feel attacked in this thread. That wasn't my intention. Let's get back to civility... GO WARRIORS!!! :D
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest