Can we get Monta back?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 pm
He's up after next year right? What are the chances he comes back home to me? I mean us. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:42 pm
I think he's on contract for 2 more years, bro... With an option for 3?

He's not coming back here. He's likely to take a minor paycut and go to a contender.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:49 pm
But, what about his tattoo? That must count for something. ::razz:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 pm
Yeah Monta, will be a coveted free agent.

I doubt he would come back.

what 32 said... pay cut to a contender.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm
32 wrote:I think he's on contract for 2 more years, bro... With an option for 3?

He's not coming back here. He's likely to take a minor paycut and go to a contender.

No but its early termination option. We can start courting him right now with a nice Jason Kidd type offer that will add extra years to make up for a slight pay cut.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:04 pm
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:
32 wrote:I think he's on contract for 2 more years, bro... With an option for 3?

No but its early termination option. We can start courting him right now with a nice Jason Kidd type offer that will add extra years to make up for a slight pay cut.

yeah well that won't happen.. Jason Kidd signs the contracts with the extra years because he is getting old and wants job security.

Monta is still very young.

Very good chance he could sign a new contract with near max money. & then when that deal is up could very well sign another near max type contract.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:14 pm
That last part depends on his productivity. He's not even putting close numbers to points in Milwaukee, as he did here.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:37 pm
PAWNO wrote:
yeah well that won't happen.. Jason Kidd signs the contracts with the extra years because he is getting old and wants job security.

Very good chance he could sign a new contract with near max money. & then when that deal is up could very well sign another near max type contract.

I've heard it all... only a warriors homer on goldenst would say Monta is worth max contract. I love Monta and want him to sit on my face more than anything but he is not worth max money. Monta loves me (us) and will come back even if he has to make a pay cut.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm
PAWNO wrote:

I've heard it all... only a warriors homer on goldenst would say Monta is worth max contract. I love Monta and want him to sit on my face more than anything but he is not worth max money. Monta loves me (us) and will come back even if he has to make a pay cut.

I don't think he is worth a max contract, But I could see him taking a boatload of money with a team that could afford him as opposed to coming back to the Bay Area.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 pm
PAWNO wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

I don't think he is worth a max contract, But I could see him taking a boatload of money with a team that could afford him as opposed to coming back to the Bay Area.

Or taking a minor paycut to go to Boston once the Big 3 expire and they start truly building around Rondo...

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 pm
32 wrote:Or taking a minor paycut to go to Boston once the Big 3 expire and they start truly building around Rondo...

I bet the Jazz would offer him more than Boston. They manage their finances extremely well just like everything else in that organization, unlike Lacob or Cohan. They only have $16,000,000 committed in 2013/14 and will be in prime shape to add My Monta as the final piece to a few championships. I hate them so much but it would be so good to be the Jazz right now and not Golden State.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm
32 wrote:Or taking a minor paycut to go to Boston once the Big 3 expire and they start truly building around Rondo...

I bet the Jazz would offer him more than Boston. They manage their finances extremely well just like everything else in that organization, unlike Lacob or Cohan. They only have $16,000,000 committed in 2013/14 and will be in prime shape to add My Monta as the final piece to a few championships. I hate them so much but it would be so good to be the Jazz right now and not Golden State.

hmmm.... i don't see the Jazz as a contender anytime soon. The don't have the talent to be more then a low tier playoff team, and will need to rebuild soon. The fact that that they have all that cap space is because their best players will be free agents, and that will be the best time for them to give the team to the upcoming young guys (Kanter, Favors, Gordon, Burks)... and then build around them or maybe even trade Milsap and/or Jefferson for some draft picks. I agree with you that they future is bright, but not championship material... not anytime soon anyway.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm
Hey Womb what's the matter? He left without leaving his Phone? No address? Your dear, loving Monta? Maybe all those night's under the moon was just a lie. Oh and by the way this a Warriors fan board not a Monta fan board. I am not sure if there is a fun club, but don't let that stop you. YOU can create one. But i have to give you credit. Never in my history in this board i have bean annoyed that much by every single post and thread made by a person. Reading your posts make me want to take a break from visiting this board for a month to calm myself. Really, congratulations.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:02 pm
TRON wrote:Hey Womb what's the matter? He left without leaving his Phone? No address? Your dear, loving Monta? Maybe all those night's under the moon was just a lie. Oh and by the way this a Warriors fan board not a Monta fan board. I am not sure if there is a fun club, but don't let that stop you. YOU can create one. But i have to give you credit. Never in my history in this board i have bean annoyed that much by every single post and thread made by a person. Reading your posts make me want to take a break from visiting this board for a month to calm myself. Really, congratulations.

LMAO, big +1 in the poster credit column haha.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:39 pm
TRON wrote:Hey Womb what's the matter? He left without leaving his Phone? No address? Your dear, loving Monta? Maybe all those night's under the moon was just a lie. Oh and by the way this a Warriors fan board not a Monta fan board. I am not sure if there is a fun club, but don't let that stop you. YOU can create one. But i have to give you credit. Never in my history in this board i have bean annoyed that much by every single post and thread made by a person. Reading your posts make me want to take a break from visiting this board for a month to calm myself. Really, congratulations.

You should've been here when this guy named "Jrich" was here. Dude was obnoxious, repetitive, and just as likely to turn readers/contributors away from the forum. This is the same exact reason why TMC and bada left this board :roll:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball