Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 pm
I'd like to see

Jenkins
Rush
Klay
Lee
Bogut

I think Jenkins is the future while curry should be preserved and be a combo guard.

We are almost there guys. What do you think? I might even trade curry to Utah for Milsap. I think this works. Let's do it!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 am
Umm..

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who agrees that Curry should be a combo guard (I figure that you mean he is 6th man because he was left off your 5??)

I'd go
Curry/Nate/Jenkins
Klay/Curry/Nate
Rush/Klay
Lee/Tyler
Bogut/Lee

Hopefully we still have that lottery pick.. So I don't know where we will be drafting, but I am hoping he fits into our plan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:56 am
I'm still hoping for that lottery pick, and I would hope that we could get some luck during the lottery, so we could get either MKG or Barnes, cause we need a SF.

So, the lineup would be something like:

Curry/Jenkins
Thompson/Rush
Wright/Jefferson/Rookie
Lee/Tyler
Bogut/Biedrins

I would keep Nate, but we won't re-sign both him and Rush, so I went with Rush, cause he can play at SF as well, cause hopefully, we will deal Wright or Jefferson, or both, somewhere. Though, the best would be to send Biedrins away.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:37 am
PAWNO wrote:Umm..

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who agrees that Curry should be a combo guard (I figure that you mean he is 6th man because he was left off your 5??)

I'd go
Curry/Nate/Jenkins
Klay/Curry/Nate
Rush/Klay
Lee/Tyler
Bogut/Lee

Hopefully we still have that lottery pick.. So I don't know where we will be drafting, but I am hoping he fits into our plan.

That is an 8 man rotation... pretty though.

I would go:
Curry/Jenkins
Klay/Nate
Rush/Jefferson/McGuire
Lee/DRAFT-PICK/Tyler
Bogut/Beans/Gladness

Tyler and Gladness showed enough to be brought back as 5th and 6th bigs.
We have enough money to bring back Rush and Nate... if the warriors want to....

Most would probably argue that Jenkins and Nate together in the Back court is crazy, but I actually like the idea since they are both have strong body types and are quick. Both can handle the ball I think they would be great together. Also left out Wright... think we should trade him for a future draft pick, without bringing back any salary.... that would help us be able to resign the guys we need. It could be done....

Also, having both Nate and Jenkins ensures that we have an extra PG in case Curry doesn't come back 100%.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 pm
Ummm, I really don't care who starts. What matters to me are the minutes that get doled out. And I want them as follows (most to least): Curry, Thompson, Lee, Bogut, McGuire, Jefferson, Rush, Jenkins, Biedrins, aaaaaaaand after that, I'll need to know more about the rookie and how much Tyler has improved over the summer.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:26 am
Jenkins looks more and more like a capable PG. In the last 3 games his assists were like this: 8, 9, 10. That's what you want from your PG. He had a bad shooting night, though still managed to score 10 points last night, and he's grabbing some rebounds as well, 5 away from a triple-double.

I say we try to develop him into a nice backup PG for Curry. I like Nate, but we better keep Rush, if we have to choose.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:31 am
Jenkins is more than holding his own. He could really be a very cheap backup PG and could make Nate expendable.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:17 am
Guybrush wrote:I would keep Nate, but we won't re-sign both him and Rush, so I went with Rush, cause he can play at SF as well, cause hopefully, we will deal Wright or Jefferson, or both, somewhere. Though, the best would be to send Biedrins away.

No one is taking Beeds or Jefferson from us unless we give them Steph. They are about to become the #1 and #2 worst contracts in the league and we will hold them both until the day they retire. We're sitting Orlando style by taking on those two.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:05 am
Those two have contracts that expire in two years. in just over one year they are expirers and there will be alot of teams looking for those sort of contracts as a salary dump. One more year of salary hell is all the team will get, after that they can make one or two very good trades if they play it right.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 am
pg Curry / Jenkins
sg Klay / B Rush
sf McGuire (defense and another ball handler, love his attitude) / Jefferson / #1 pick
pf Lee / Tyler (seems every1 on team pullin for this dude, has the right attitude to get better I think)
c Bogut / Biedrins (?) / FA or draft pick

hopefully outbound:

D Wright, Nate (unless cheap), Beans, Mikki Moore
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 am
I was thinking something, and I know McGuire is not having a perfect size for a PF, but his lack of perimeter game is making him too much of a handicap on offense, so I'd play him at PF more. His tall as Lee, if I'm not mistaken, and he is a great rebounder, he can dish assists and plays good defense. He is athletic guy, though, probably the best we have, so he can guard some SF if needed, but that's pretty much the only thing he offers when he plays at SF, defense.

So, I'd give him some minutes behind Lee, and a little bit at SF, when needed, moved Tyler to center, to replace Bogut for at least a quarter, and hope that Biedrins won't be here, so I don't have to think how to use him, and why should he touch the floor at all, for more reasons than because he has huge salary.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:22 am
I have confidence in McGuire at the 4... Unless we're playing the Lakers or Spurs.

Fitz is right: he can guard 1-5 positions. I dunno if I've seen that sort of defensive aptitude since Rodman.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:20 pm
curry/jenkins
thompson/rush
mcguire/jefferson/rush
lee/tyler
bogut/beans/tyler

i didnt include wright cus i was hoping hed get traded and i dont think we should waste our number 7 pick on a small forward unless we get michael kidd gilchrist

with this lineup we get offense from curry thompson lee and bogut and defense from mcguire and bogut and the 2nd unit is kinda scary too
maybe we can get a backup big to lee for the future
trade lee in the future?

ahhhhhhhhhhh so excited
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:36 pm
It really is scary to envision how the Warriors might look next season. Compared to their end-of-the-season lineup:

PG: Charles Jenkins / Nate Robinson
SG: Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Chris Wright / Dorell Wright
PF: Jeremy Tyler / Dominic McGuire
C: Mickell Gladness / Mikki Moore

At #6 or #7 (without even bringing a trade-up scenario into it), we're likely to land Harrison Barnes. If we moved up, it's likely be to see if MKG falls to 3 or 4... But even with Barnes, just imagine it...

PG: Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG : Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes / Richard Jefferson / Dorell Wright
PF: David Lee / Dominic McGuire / Jeremy Tyler
C: Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

Talk about a three-year make over... I'm giddy just thinking about it. That squad looks like a 5 seed to me.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 pm
32 wrote:It really is scary to envision how the Warriors might look next season. Compared to their end-of-the-season lineup:

PG: Charles Jenkins / Nate Robinson
SG: Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Chris Wright / Dorell Wright
PF: Jeremy Tyler / Dominic McGuire
C: Mickell Gladness / Mikki Moore

At #6 or #7 (without even bringing a trade-up scenario into it), we're likely to land Harrison Barnes. If we moved up, it's likely be to see if MKG falls to 3 or 4... But even with Barnes, just imagine it...

PG: Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG : Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes / Richard Jefferson / Dorell Wright
PF: David Lee / Dominic McGuire / Jeremy Tyler
C: Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

Talk about a three-year make over... I'm giddy just thinking about it. That squad looks like a 5 seed to me.

I think a 5th seed is a bit of a reach. Especially when we have no clue what is going to go on in the offseason... Having a young SF and SG will result in some growing up. Maybe in 2 years....I think this team will be solid offensively, but still a bit weak defensively.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball