Is it time to blow this team up?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 pm
PAWNO wrote:If the warriors stay with the Bogut/DLee combo then we will be a awesome rebounding team who will have great ball movement.

i think those 2 together would compliment our wing players who love jacking the 3's

Curry & Lee are our 2 worst defenders in the starting rotation. If Klay Thompson is our starting 2 or 3 next year well he looks like he will be another terrible defender.

i like Migya suggestion that we somehow pry Josh Smith from Atlanta.. Its imperative that our 3 of the future is a tough as nail defender.. ive seen a lot of promise with Brandon Rush that he is a capable defender but with Rush in the starting 5 (Curry.Klay.rush.lee.bogut) then I believe we are no better then a 2nd round exit playoff team.

I would like to see Lee and Bogut play together to be honest. They seem like a good fit, but if we could improve then we should, that's my aim all the time. Amare was a player I liked and wanted for a number of years up to two years ago, now, FORGET IT! The guy seems like a sissy of sorts and he isn't playing hard.

JSmith likely isn't a good SF and more of a PF. I'd rather have him than Lee, but the team needs a SF above all else right now, not to say I wouldn't trade Lee for JSmith, though Atlanta wouldn't and shouldn't.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:29 am
I'd trade Lee for Josh Smith. Like I said when we talked about Amare, we need that athletic player, and Josh is one of the best. If Amare is washed up, or sissy, or whatever you guys said about him, than we must agree that Josh would be upgrade. He's far from a sissy, by all accounts he should have been in this year's All-Star game. I'd play him at PF, and he would look amazing next to Bogut.

If there is a way to get him, and get rid off Lee's huge contract, you must pull the trigger. Lee's a great guy, a good player, but something is off to me when he's in the game, like we're not playing fast as we can, and that's the way that suites the best to our team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 am
I like Lee more than Smith.

If Josh could get his own shot or consistently knock down his jumper, that'd be one thing. Cause there's no denying how nasty he can look with a stat-line of 20 points, 9 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks, couple steals... But I prefer a guy like Lee that will shoot above 50%. Smith hovers around 45%, and it's not because he's good at shooting outside (but it does mean he shoots from out there, as shown by his 2 attempts per game for three, despite only shooting 26% on the season).

You can't go wrong with either, but since losing Ellis, scoring isn't exactly a given. I'll take an offensive option like Lee now that we've got Bogut to anchor the paint. Smith would have been more ideal alongside Monta Ellis.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 am
I am reading about that huge contract. He is a 20 - 10 guy, one the 5 - 6 in this league? To me it seems that his contract is pretty much ok. Plus you are forgetting the chemistry factor. Lee have shown incredible fighting spirit and loyalty. He is not a primantona, he competes, he is never backing down. He even come to the point to be a perfect example for our rookies this year because he showed them that no matter what, lost season or not you have a job to do out there and you have to do it. That may cost us the pick but everybody respects that. So what if a player could be a little better than Lee. Would he be as good a character or he would destroy our locker room? The examples many.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 pm
32 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I think the Jury is still out on Lee, we haven't seen him next to a real big yet. In NY he played Center. Here he played with a useless AB who couldn't catch his passes, and if he did he was to afraid to get fouled. Rest of the time Lee has had to play center.

I actually like this team and think it is worth giving a couple years. It's still young and has promise. If we are not able to deliver in 2 - 3 years then you can talk about blowing it up... but they have to be given a fighting chance frist.

You're suggesting that Lee might look worse next to a competent, starter-level NBA center?

... (which, agreed, he's never had before... And yet has still put up fantasy gold as his team's only front court threat in his first 7 years).

Um... I think you read my post wrong. I am suggesting that Lee might look better with Bogut next to him. Numbers will probably be the same, and defense will be better guarding PF rather then C's. He has the quickness to stay in front of his guy. Only thing he doesn't have is the help defense blocking that some of the longer more athletic PF's have, but that is where Bogut will come in.

I think we are on the same page, that he will be a solid player on the team. Trying to suggest that everyone who does NOT think so, be patient and give him a chance.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:36 pm
PAWNO wrote:Amare for David Lee (might need a filler)

David Lee is a beast no need there. New York will trade Carmelo for Curry now that Jeremy Linn is busted up and on his way out the door. Carmelo wants to come here to play anyways he's pissed in New York and this was his destination of choice back in 2006.

Stephen Curry, a pick, and Richard Jefferson a.k.a. the worst contact in the league a.k.a. San Antonio fodder for Carmelo. Then draft a point guard and it's championship time!

Draft
Klay Thompson
Carmelo
Lee
Bogut

Oklahoma would be so screwed that team would piss them off hard.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 pm
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Amare for David Lee (might need a filler)

David Lee is a beast no need there. New York will trade Carmelo for Curry now that Jeremy Linn is busted up and on his way out the door. Carmelo wants to come here to play anyways he's pissed in New York and this was his destination of choice back in 2006.

Stephen Curry, a pick, and Richard Jefferson a.k.a. the worst contact in the league a.k.a. San Antonio fodder for Carmelo. Then draft a point guard and it's championship time!

Draft
Klay Thompson
Carmelo
Lee
Bogut

Oklahoma would be so screwed that team would piss them off hard.

Yeah.... I'm gonna say there's no way NY signs off on that?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:46 pm
Wait, what? Why would Knicks deal away Carmelo? They are winning with him in the lineup, more than with him and Amare, him and Lin, Lin and Amare...I'm guessing they would rather trade Amare than Carmelo.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm
I really don't like Carmelo... guy is a diva. Besides, I really doubt that he would give up his NY lifestyle. He loves that city, even if his team is struggling.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 pm
32 wrote:Yeah.... I'm gonna say there's no way NY signs off on that?

Guybrush wrote:Wait, what? Why would Knicks deal away Carmelo? They are winning with him in the lineup, more than with him and Amare, him and Lin, Lin and Amare...I'm guessing they would rather trade Amare than Carmelo.

Even with the draft pick and their paranoid he's out to get them? Those NY guys are whacky paranoid that Carmelo is in it just to kill the franchise even though he's only the best pure scorer in the league and knows it so he wants the shots, and rightfully so. So they think because he wants to shoot he wants the entire team fired. :roll:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:06 pm
Hey, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be opposed to getting Carmelo, but I can't see it that Knicks would do it. Nor I'm convinced that he wants to change NY for Oakland.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm
Guybrush wrote:Hey, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be opposed to getting Carmelo, but I can't see it that Knicks would do it. Nor I'm convinced that he wants to change NY for Oakland.

I get that but he did say he wanted to come here back in 2006.

Oh wait I forgot everyone's an insider now. Let me call his agent's assistant and see if he's into women with facial hair. I WILL GET CARMELO TO US IF IT IS THE LAST THING I DO! MOVE OVER MONTA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 pm
I want to build a contender and getting a selfish player that doesn't lead to many wins (Carmelo) is not the way to go.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:39 am
"Is it time to blow this team up?"

hell nah. time to watch this team gel. time to watch D Lee throw a post pass to Bogut, who then tosses it to Klay for the open 3 after the double team comes. best inside-out ball we'll have in a long time. time to support this team and FO cuz they are doing it the right way for once. that's what I'll be doing anyway. draft pick SF will just be gravy. if healthy I guarantee playoffs :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball