2012 Goldenstwarriors.com Annual (kind of) Awards

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:55 pm
Now announcing the 2012 Goldenstwarriors.com annual awards! Ok, so I know I'm lagging far behind on this and it technically isn't annual since we did this last late 2010 and here we are in 2012, so I apologize for that. Last seasons results are below, we'll be voting on the same categories and I'll also take suggestion for other categories. So the first stage is nominations - please send me a PM with 1-4 nominees for each category (at the end of this post is the pre-formatted BBCode to include in your PM). Winners will receive new awards sigs. I'm also considering redoing last years sigs to include the year, in case anyone wants to use their ones from last year and this year.

I'm not sure yet what the schedule will be, right now we're just going to play this by ear.

Last year's winners:

MVP:
Jreed

Most quality poster:
warriorsstepup

Best Thread Starter:
Krome

Most Entertaining:
beastmode

Best Fan: (tie)
8th Ave & GSW United

Most Knowledgeable About Basketball:
Migya

Best Thread:
"GoldenStWarriorsChatBox"

Best Avatar:
8th Ave

Best Sig:
8th Ave

Rookie of the Year:
GSW Hoops Fan

Code for nominations PM:

Code: Select all
[b]MVP:[/b]

[b]Most quality poster:[/b]

[b]Best Thread Starter:[/b]

[b]Most Entertaining:[/b]

[b]Best Fan:[/b]

[b]Most Knowledgeable About Basketball:[/b]

[b]Best Thread:[/b]

[b]Best Avatar:[/b]

[b]Best Sig:[/b]

[b]Rookie of the Year:[/b]
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm
A thought came up after reading this thread : where the fuk is beast mode.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:23 pm
8th ave wrote:A thought came up after reading this thread : where the fuk is beast mode.

I've wondering that for a minute now
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 pm
Who are rookies here?

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 pm
migya wrote:Who are rookies here?

good question...

Here is some names:

Ashea21
ScoreBot
giantsgurl313
Raiders
Raider1015
WarriorHawk87
DleagueDelight
fullmetalx

This isn't everyone but I filtered by at least 10 posts, and have been active this year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:44 pm
I believe beast mode moved to L.A & he was only able to post during work (he was giving us excuses in the fantasy football thread about only having net access during work hours & couldnt meet the 24hr deadline of picks)

Im guessing he might of lost his job (& his internet connect)

but no ideas.. Its been a while since he has been around... Maybe he is a clippers fan now that he lives in LA :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:00 pm
I don't mind making my votes public. Here's how mine stack up:

MVP: migya - There's something to be said for a good long tenure here. Thread starter, vocal contributor, long-time fan. It all adds up.

Most quality poster: hobbes - The owner of this place has never been one to blow up his post #'s, but what he does say is concise, to the point, crystal clear, and always backed up.

Best Thread Starter: migya - consistent, steady flow of good conversation starters; especially taking the reigns of keeping this place active through the offseason and other dead times.

Most Entertaining: pawno - This one shouldn't even be close.

Best Fan: Guybrush - A moderator that stays authentically current despite living on another continent? That's dedication.

Most Knowledgeable About Basketball: 8th Ave - I dunno if I've ever been able to dock this guy's knowledge; we can go back and forth, but there's no question that dude knows his dubs like a true fan should.

Best Thread: Rush vs Nate: The Early Offseason Debate - Not to toot my own horn, but this is one of two threads on the front page that have been going strong since February... And the other thread from Feb hasn't been posted in since April Fool's Day. I continue to find the debate between which role players are worth what value to be stimulating and full of natural controversy.

Best Avatar: 8th Ave - These two...

Best Sig: 8th Ave - ... are obvious, aren't they?

Rookie of the Year: fullmetalx - To me, this is a contributions award and metal has been a consistent, steady poster seemingly since I came back, so he gets my vote.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 pm
MVP: Guybrush. Personally, I like how our mods have been running this forum, but Jreed won the last one, so I'm going to nominate our other mod from across the sea.

Most quality poster: I nominate our reigning rookie, GSW Hoops Fan. Level-headed guy who knows his hoops.

Best Thread Starter: MFKEN KROME! We seriously take this guy for granted. The game threads haven't been poppin because of the recent bad years, but I remember those threads would be 4-5 pages long every game during the We Believe year. He's been keeping it up since and I'm grateful beyond words. He's a great asset to this board and will reap the benefit of getting this award every.fukking.year.

Most Entertaining: P8wnagraphyyy

Best Fan: Migya. Been here since the jump and will be always be here rain or shine (figuratively speaking).

Most Knowledgeable About Basketball: I really enjoy reading warriorstepup's posts. There have been times where I've read his posts and thought to myself. "Yeah.... that makes sense."

Best Thread: Trade Monta Ellis thread by RockiBeli. Probably the longest thread in the last year or something and the best part about it? it happened.

Rookie of the Year Fullmetalx : You're a rookie?! had me fooled...

P.S.
Not a nomination or anything, but I really want to welcome back 32 and O.G.Broe. For any new members who don't know who these two are, you will soon. Two very big contributors who went into hibernation and I'm excited to have the both of you posting on the boards again. Cheers.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 pm
The only reason most of my posts are concise is because they come from my iPhone.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:58 pm
8th ave wrote:Rookie of the Year Fullmetalx : You're a rookie?! had me fooled...

Not really, but he wasn't up for it last time so I extended his rookie season - notice how he's last - they are in order of most recent join date.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 pm
Jreed.. I must say. I thought it was pretty poor form by you to make the 2012 awards after missing the 2011 awards entirely.. But choosing end of April makes perfect sense because the award will now coincide with the end of the regular season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 pm
MVP: Guybrush

Most quality poster: Mr.Crackers

Best Thread Starter: GSW Hoops Fan

Most Entertaining: 8th ave

Best Fan: Pawno

Most Knowledgeable About Basketball: GSW Hoops Fan

Best Thread: TV Shows

Best Avatar: 8th ave

Best Sig: 8th ave

Rookie of the Year: Fullmetalx

I'd like to say that 32 has been a refreshing poster since he came back. No matter what the past was, he has been a very good conversation here the last few weeks and really has brought more life to the forum. Had he come back a month or so earlier, I'd have named him for one or two of these award categories.

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:26 pm
PAWNO wrote:Jreed.. I must say. I thought it was pretty poor form by you to make the 2012 awards after missing the 2011 awards entirely.. But choosing end of April makes perfect sense because the award will now coincide with the end of the regular season.

Thanks... I guess? The board was pretty dead there for a while in 2011 and with the lock out, it just didn't make sense to do it in November/December again.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:18 am
I'm at work now, and this demands some time and thought, so I'll vote later on today.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:30 am
Hey guys.

I followed JREED instructions & private messaged my selections.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up so you don't think I am not getting involved.

I didn't stray too far off the path & I voted for most of the usual suspects But i guess i chose to submit it via PM as so I wouldn't ruffle any feathers into people thinking i don't like them etc.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball