Mitch Richmond/Seoul'88
No votes
Chris Mullin/L.A1984
17%

Total votes : 6

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:32 am
I hope Jrich gets consideration if more players continue to drop out because of security fears.

I mean his best statistic was he led all Gaurds in rebounding at a whopping 6.7 Boards on the Rictor Scale. He was rocking it.

The team is filled with amazing playmakers , Jrich would score a lot of points being the fact he gets amongst it all for second chance plays.

What about Pietrius , is he French Olympic Basketball team worth material . It will be good to see.

World Events such as this is a good highlight for the Rookie class of 2005. Hopefully we might see some Unknown nations pull a great win !

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:19 pm
It'd be nice if he got consideration. Selfishly, I'd prefer he work on some of his weaknesses, but he'd probably be honored and represent quite well.

France didn't qualify, in part because Pietrus was prepping for the NBA last summer instead of playing in the qualifying tourney. In four years, many Warriors should be playing in the Olympics.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:45 pm
Dunleavy is the perfect fit for an Olympic team...too bad the higher ups have no clue how to construct a good team. The USA is going to get wipped in Athens..

What you need for a great team, are a few superstars and some very strong team players..like Dun, Snow, Uncle Cliffy, Camby, Harpring,

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:10 pm
its not about constructing a team, its about getting ratings. sending out a bunch of big name stars will get better ratings than sending out dunleavy and snow. i don't know about dunleavy, but i think cliffy would be great. he's a team player, hardnosed defender, and he hates to lose. thats something we rarely have on the warriors, that hatred of losing, and i think it'd help the olympic team. they just assume that by walking out in the usa jerseys that theyll win by 50.

richardson would play to the strengths of the team. their only real advantage is that they are bigger and more athletic than most other countries. like hopper said, i'd rather see him working on his game. if this was dream team or the 2nd one, i'd rather he go and learn from some great vets. but now he'd be playing with the 2003-2004 phx suns, so i don't think it'll be all that much of a learning experience.

Return to Warriors Basketball