2012 draft choice

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 pm
I'd prefer Turner from Philly or Iggy even. I think they can be had much cheaper, both are better than they've performed this season and both are more SF and play both ends.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:03 pm
You'd prefer Evan Turner over Paul George?

They have similar scoring, rebounding, and assist numbers, but George puts up better defensive numbers and has a PER that's +4.04 on Evan Turner. I'd much rather have George.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:45 am
I just think Turner needs a serious change of place. With the starting lineup we've got he'd likely do much better. Geroge has been a real good player for the Pacers so he'd be something good too.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:08 pm
our picks are quickly droping... instead of the 27th pick, it is now the 29th and can soon be the 30th.
NJ and Atlanta have been winning two, thos picks have dropped a couple of spots.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:29 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:Perry Jones III and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are pipe dreams already... And now we're fantasizing about Anthony Davis?

You guys are in for some serious disappointment. I'd love for Miami to trade us Bron Bron for Curry and Biedrins, and while "stranger things have happened", they typically don't happen so outwardly obviously. If we get the #1 pick, rest assured it'll be because Lacob paid to get into the Lakers-Celtics club with Riley, Cuban, and Jordan's old team.

I know it's a stretch and personally I don't think it'll happen, but Chicago deep jump 7 spots or something to get Rose. Just sayin.

Exactly. Chicago is 1 of the current elite 6 NBA teams that the league takes care of. Boston, LA, and Chicago have been front page news since bringing us the 3 greatest players ever, New York is the biggest market, Dallas' owner is boisterous but puts TONS of money into the league, and Miami is the home of the superstar alliance. Those 6 teams are the only ones the league cares about right now. Dallas and Miami are the only 2 that aren't permanent mainstays in the diva club and San Antonio is the most recent former member to be abandoned from the old boy's club.

As the 4th biggest market and the team sold at the most expensive price in league history, I don't doubt Joe Lacob's ability to pull some strings and get the stories Warriors franchise in on temporary probation... Especially considering how stacked this team is compared to any other lottery team.

Even then, the coup we can hope for is MKG. That's a best case scenario. Anthony Davis is going to Charlotte to grow up for a few years until one of the elite 6 figureout a way to acquire him (just a hunch... I see him going to Boston 3 or 4 years down the line).

If the Dubs land a top 4 pick and nab Harrison Barnes or MKG, it will be because Lacob is playing his cards right behind the scenes.

You may or may be right about the whole behind the scene politics or what not, but one thing to think about is Cleveland. They've received the No.1 Pick twice within the last decade and I don't think their owner has any special relationships with NBA higher ups. I dunno just sayin.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:57 pm
Someone who could be around for our pick that I think would be a great piece off the bench is Sullinger. I think that he will surprise some people when he hits the league and he could turn out to be a better piece than Lee is right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:42 pm
WarriorsBluesRocker wrote:Someone who could be around for our pick that I think would be a great piece off the bench is Sullinger. I think that he will surprise some people when he hits the league and he could turn out to be a better piece than Lee is right now.

Sullinger's got low post potential, but I'd need to see him do a lot more than pick on undersized collegiate centers before I'd take him over Lee...

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:47 pm
32 wrote:
WarriorsBluesRocker wrote:Someone who could be around for our pick that I think would be a great piece off the bench is Sullinger. I think that he will surprise some people when he hits the league and he could turn out to be a better piece than Lee is right now.

Sullinger's got low post potential, but I'd need to see him do a lot more than pick on undersized collegiate centers before I'd take him over Lee...

Sullinger will be better than PJ3, mark my words.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:51 pm
Hey guys,

AD is going to be the next Dwight Howard. I asked what he thought about my prediction and he agreed. He is beastly. I wonder if we we can trade David Lee and two future unprotected firsts for Davis. Mark my words= worth.every.penny.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:18 pm
PKM wrote:Hey guys,

AD is going to be the next Dwight Howard. I asked what he thought about my prediction and he agreed. He is beastly. I wonder if we we can trade David Lee and two future unprotected firsts for Davis. Mark my words= worth.every.penny.

Noone will trade Davis, unless it's for Dwight.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:19 am
migya wrote:
PKM wrote:Hey guys,

Noone will trade Davis, unless it's for Dwight.

Definitely. At least not before they test him a little bit, and see if they can improve his offensive part of the game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 am
WarriorsBluesRocker wrote:
32 wrote:

That's apples and oranges though. PJ3 is a wing, JS plays in the post. Don't get me wrong, dude has game. But if he's LUCKY, he'll turn into a 19 and 10 guy (which Lee already is).
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:45 am
If I had a chance to choose between Evan Turner and Paul George, I'd got with Evan Turner. George maybe the better scorer, but Turner does a lot of other things that George can't. Turner can easily play the point guard position with the ability to guard opposing points as well. Turner isn't a scorer and that would be a good thing on this team. A guy that can distribute the ball to scorers like Thompson, Curry and Lee while rebounding and playing defense. You play Turner in a fast paced game and the kid would have at least 5 triple doubles in a season.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:59 am
32 wrote:
32 wrote:

That's apples and oranges though. PJ3 is a wing, JS plays in the post. Don't get me wrong, dude has game. But if he's LUCKY, he'll turn into a 19 and 10 guy (which Lee already is).

PJ3 has said that he wants to play PF in the NBA.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:10 pm
32 wrote:
32 wrote:

PJ3 has said that he wants to play PF in the NBA.

I guess we are splitting hairs. Here's my point:

I admire your zest for the upcoming draft class; all I'm saying is highly touted rookies come and go every year. Bonafide, smash mouthed PF's like Lee don't come around too often. I like Sullinger a lot, and I like PJ3 too... But would I trade Lee for either of them before they've played an NBA game? Absolutely not.

Soo, essentially, I hear your evaluation of Sullinger possibly being better than Lee, I just disagree with it.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball