AB + Dorrel + 2nd round pick for Okafor

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:18 am
Why they would do it? They want that contract of their back to start rebuilding. AB whould probably give them some defensive minutes back and Dorrel is an expiry. So they would still get that defensive center for their bench but with 4-5 mils less.
Why whould we do it? Get rid of AB. Unload a SF. Dorrel doesn't stand out from the rest we have plus they will not go for it just for AB. He is paid what they both have but he is a very good defensive player who can come from the bench at both Center and PF and give quality minutes. A quartet of Bogut, Lee, Okafor, and Tyler sounds super to me next year.
All of this off course should happen if we pick a player in this draft other than a Center or a PF.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:19 am
Okafor is a near bust, for me he is at least. The man plays defense and rebounds quite well, but that is all he does and he is paid much more than AB and for another teo years as well, 14.5 million the last one!

Stay away from him.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 am
He's not a bust, he's a great defensive player. And Bogut is not scoring that better at all. Imagine having two centers who play great defense. The only reason that would be bad is his contract, but he's not old, and we would make room for other players to try and step up at SF, if we don't get someone in the draft, and we would finally ditch Biedrins, who is also having a big contract, but unlike Okafor, he's not doing anything of value whatsoever.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:18 pm
I think we need to let the bad contract expire without picking up new bad contracts. If you can turn them into something good, then thats great... other wise lets let them expire. Clear some cap room to resign our guys or bring in some new talent under better contracts.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:38 pm
Guybrush wrote:He's not a bust, he's a great defensive player. And Bogut is not scoring that better at all. Imagine having two centers who play great defense. The only reason that would be bad is his contract, but he's not old, and we would make room for other players to try and step up at SF, if we don't get someone in the draft, and we would finally ditch Biedrins, who is also having a big contract, but unlike Okafor, he's not doing anything of value whatsoever.

I understand what you're saying, that compared to AB he is doing much better, but he is still a salary strap down and we'd have to wait at least one more season to get rid of him, same length as for AB.

To be honest, the best way to trade either AB or RJeff is to include them in a package for a player we can use. That would a player or players that equal the salaries going out ofcourse, so we save no money, but we get players that contribute, not who are not going to be kept.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 am
Okafor can contribute big time. Plus makes the risk of an injure to Bogut much lesser. Plus it is the only way to get rid of AB, and clear room in SF. Guybrush got my thinking.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:38 pm
I really like the idea of Okafor as a bench big. He's essentially an older Udoh with more strength. That contract is nasty, though. 12 turns to 13 turns to 14 million. That's essentially $40 million over 3 years. It gives the team a starter-in-waiting in case of injuries to a big guy. I'd do it. But you think NOLA wants Biedrins?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm
I really think the best thing to do is look to trade either or both AB and RJ in some trade or trades and get good players back. Otherwise, wait until next offseason and try and trade them then, as they will be pretty big expirers. If they can't do either, then wait the two years and let them go or resign either or both for very little money.

I want no more big salary contracts that end up being near worthless and drag the team down. AB looked like he was going to be pretty good when he was resigned, so fair enough, but the FO has to do a better job with the contracts they hand out.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:46 pm
TRON wrote:Why they would do it? They want that contract of their back to start rebuilding. AB whould probably give them some defensive minutes back and Dorrel is an expiry. So they would still get that defensive center for their bench but with 4-5 mils less.
Why whould we do it? Get rid of AB. Unload a SF. Dorrel doesn't stand out from the rest we have plus they will not go for it just for AB. He is paid what they both have but he is a very good defensive player who can come from the bench at both Center and PF and give quality minutes. A quartet of Bogut, Lee, Okafor, and Tyler sounds super to me next year.
All of this off course should happen if we pick a player in this draft other than a Center or a PF.

Like your thinking, but the difference in contract is pretty significant. Biedrins makes $9mil /yr for 3 yrs while Okafor will make $12.5 mil next year and $13.5 mil the year after. Maybe make this trade
during the season if Bogut has horrible bad luck with injuries agaaiiiin. Okafor would be a nice insurance policy, but I think the Warriors we'll have better options like possible signing Kwame Brown as a backup in the offseason, and without that contract.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:43 pm
AB + Dorrel are the same money as Okafor. AB is a non factor and Dorrel frankly is one of many SF that we have and are good for the bench but not for starter. The whole idea would be perfect if an other team was involved to get reed of Jeferson instead of Dorrel. The bait whould be some of our picks. I would do it in a hart beat if i draft Barnes or Gildchrist or whatever his name is.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:58 am
Eh if nothing goes down in the offseason, what do you think of bringing Matt Barnes back to the Bay?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:52 am
Hm, I'm not sure, he's a great, gritty defender, but how much better is he actually than Dorell? I mean overall...he's definitely better defender. Might be the difference that we need. We have a lot of guys who can score and who will need more than 10 shots per game, some of them more than 15 (Curry, Thompson, Lee, maybe even Bogut), so we definitely need more a defensive minded SF, or all-around type of player like Iggy is.

Harrison Barnes, or even Perry Jones might fit in quite nicely. That draft is the most important thing now, it all depends on it...if we draft Barnes, I'd say we're good to go, Dorell would start (if not trade, both him and Jefferson), and Barnes would be coming off the bench at start, until he gets ready to start. Or, we will trade that pick for a starter type of player at SF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:17 am
Barnes will just get in the way of Rush and McGuire at SF, both of which should only be backups if things were done at their best.

Perry Jones is no good Guybrush. Read up on him and you'll find out he has near zero motivation and will be a bust. Barnes might be starting material, but like some of us have said before, best trading the lottery pick in a package for an already established SF, though that is looking rather hard to do right now.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:52 am
I would trade for a starting SF only if i couldn't drat a starting SF.

Return to Trades