Is it time to blow this team up?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:20 pm
I think it's time guys. David Lee is not the PF to beast for us. We need better talent. Let's trade everything this offseason. We can even trade another top 7 protected pick for a good player and just tank again. This should be easy. Let's go and be positive!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 am
I don't know who's gonna take the David Lee contract off us.. It's pretty horrible.

I do have a team in mind & I think they might take the bait... But we'd be bringing in a real injury prone dude.

Amare for David Lee (might need a filler)

But I'm sure New York would love to welcome back a guy who hustles and pulls down rebounds. Its not ilke the Knicks value defence.. D.Lee would fit right back in at the Garden. (like he never left)
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am
Hmm, now that you mention it, Knicks actually might go for that. I recently saw a stat that shows how many wins Knicks had with both Carmelo and Amar'e on the floor, and with them apart, and Knicks with just Melo have way more wins than Knicks with Amar'e alone, and him playing alongside Carmelo. Maybe they could see Lee as a better fit than Amar'e now.

And I believe that Bogut - Amar'e combo looks better to me, than Bogut - Lee...they are too similar, minus the defense part.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:53 am
PKM wrote:I think it's time guys. David Lee is not the PF to beast for us. We need better talent. Let's trade everything this offseason. We can even trade another top 7 protected pick for a good player and just tank again. This should be easy. Let's go and be positive!

No no no, homie!

This is the first time (maybe EVER) that the Golden State Warriors have an all-star tandem at PF and C, and you wanna break that up? C'mon, PKM, you didn't see David Lee go into beast mode for a month and a half after the Monta deal, until the team literally FORCED him to sit out??

Just cause Lee has never been on a playoff team doesn't mean he's a bad player; that's a false dichotomy. Guys (who thankfully aren't here anymore) used to make that argument about Jamal Crawford and look what happened to him: he won a 6th Man of the Year award en route to being Atlanta's postseason catalyst. Lemmie just ask, cause 19 and 10 guys don't exactly grow on trees: who would you prefer we went after instead of Lee?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:07 am
Not to mention that Amare is injury prone like hell. Not to mention that the only complaint we have on Lee is defence but he plays for many minutes in Center when he is undersized for PF and with no help beside him except for the little amount of games he played with Udoh in the starting line-up who by the way wasn't a center either. I delieve he will make a good duo with Bogut just wait and see.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:26 am
I'm not saying that they are going to be a bad combo...I just believe that Amar'e, who is much more athletic than both, could fit in nicely, cause we don't have athletic specimen on the roster. Different types of players bring more options to the team. Like, let's say, Oklahoma. They have Sefolosha starting at SG, who is a great rebounder and defender for that position, and they have Harden on the bench, who has everything else (and is not bad at those two things as well). So, just saying that...Bogut and Lee do pretty much the same things, except that Lee excels more on offense and Bogut on defense.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 am
Yeah but Amare doesn't wanna rebound, plays comparable defense to Lee, and flat-out refused to play C for Mike D'Antonni. I agree, he can smash the rim way better than DLee and has a more consistent midrange but I just don't want his primadonna ass.

Not only that, but we've courted this girl before and (spoiler alert) here's how it turned out:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/A ... fullSite=y

(PS: when I say "Amare doesn't wanna rebound", don't get it twisted: he CAN rebound. But I envision a scenario like the chick that doesn't wanna give head so she hustles through it for 45 seconds before saying that her neck hurts.)
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 am
32 wrote:Yeah but Amare doesn't wanna rebound, plays comparable defense to Lee, and flat-out refused to play C for Mike D'Antonni. I agree, he can smash the rim way better than DLee and has a more consistent midrange but I just don't want his primadonna ass.

Not only that, but we've courted this girl before and (spoiler alert) here's how it turned out:

(PS: when I say "Amare doesn't wanna rebound", don't get it twisted: he CAN rebound. But I envision a scenario like the chick that doesn't wanna give head so she hustles through it for 45 seconds before saying that her neck hurts.)

::lol:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 pm
32 wrote:Yeah but Amare doesn't wanna rebound, plays comparable defense to Lee, and flat-out refused to play C for Mike D'Antonni. I agree, he can smash the rim way better than DLee and has a more consistent midrange but I just don't want his primadonna ass.

Awesome analogy!
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Effort and Technique. lol

When we got David Lee on the contract he was over-paid yes, but I actually like the effort he brings, and I can't say this much enough he compliments Bogut well. Don't Blow nothing up.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:39 pm
If the warriors stay with the Bogut/DLee combo then we will be a awesome rebounding team who will have great ball movement.

i think those 2 together would compliment our wing players who love jacking the 3's

Curry & Lee are our 2 worst defenders in the starting rotation. If Klay Thompson is our starting 2 or 3 next year well he looks like he will be another terrible defender.

i like Migya suggestion that we somehow pry Josh Smith from Atlanta.. Its imperative that our 3 of the future is a tough as nail defender.. ive seen a lot of promise with Brandon Rush that he is a capable defender but with Rush in the starting 5 (Curry.Klay.rush.lee.bogut) then I believe we are no better then a 2nd round exit playoff team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 pm
*Id take a warriors team in the 4-5-6 seed range cause its been a long time between success for this warriors fan.

but we gotta believe the owners are thinking big picture & strategically they wanna position themselves for a championship.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 pm
I think the Jury is still out on Lee, we haven't seen him next to a real big yet. In NY he played Center. Here he played with a useless AB who couldn't catch his passes, and if he did he was to afraid to get fouled. Rest of the time Lee has had to play center.

I actually like this team and think it is worth giving a couple years. It's still young and has promise. If we are not able to deliver in 2 - 3 years then you can talk about blowing it up... but they have to be given a fighting chance frist.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:12 pm
It appears there is question mark about the defense and the liability it will be for the team outside of Bogut. But we have to remember how Dallas won the championship last year, with an aging J-Kidd, and Dirk is not known for his defenseiv e ability, but they had Chandler and also Haywood in the middle not allowing penetration and altering shots. Now as far as the warriors go, I see a simliar make up, but they do need to get a defensive stud, but they just can't trade or get rid of the core. Reason being if you do trade one of core then there is another gap that needs to be filled.

I think the team will be ok, won't be a top defensive team, but I see them in the middle of the pack. We just have to out score other teams, think we are capable of that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I think the Jury is still out on Lee, we haven't seen him next to a real big yet. In NY he played Center. Here he played with a useless AB who couldn't catch his passes, and if he did he was to afraid to get fouled. Rest of the time Lee has had to play center.

I actually like this team and think it is worth giving a couple years. It's still young and has promise. If we are not able to deliver in 2 - 3 years then you can talk about blowing it up... but they have to be given a fighting chance frist.

You're suggesting that Lee might look worse next to a competent, starter-level NBA center?

... (which, agreed, he's never had before... And yet has still put up fantasy gold as his team's only front court threat in his first 7 years).
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball