2012 draft choice

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm
8th ave wrote:Image

Hey, it only took me about 20 tries.

I would have wet dreams with this.... not sure what gets me going more, Warriors getting #1 pick or your signature picture.... Well, the signature, but if we get Davis we are an automatic contender for the next 10 years.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:17 pm
Yeah, definitely a backup Center in Drummond. He may be inconsistent but he can definitely be molded into something better (like a backup Center).
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 am
One thing that is different this year is this. Last year Terrence Jones opted out from Draft because he knew we had our eyes turned on him and he didn't wanted us to draft him. At least that is the rumours. This year all rookies must be begging to be selected by the Warriors. We are by far the strongest team in this Lottery. I truly believe that healthy we are play-off material and maybe one piece (or 2 if you count the coach) for being contenders.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 am
Getting the #1 pick is a longshot, but stranger things have happened in the lottery so I wouldn't discount it for a minute. If they land the #1 pick, I'd move David Lee to the Hawks for Josh Smith. Smith will be entering the last year of his contract and the Hawks will be looking for some compensation. They get a true PF in Lee to team up with Horford in the middle and Marvin Williams on the wing.

As for the Spurs pick, I would look at Fab Melo. He's a popular pick, but depth in the middle is needed. In the 2nd round, I'd go with Furkan Aldemir from Turkey and Scott Machado from Iona. How do you lead the NCAA in assists and go unnoticed. The guy averaged 13.5 points, 9.9 assists and 5 rebounds. Maybe the competition lacked a little playing in the MAAC, but they started off the season against Purdue, Maryland, St. Joseph's and W. Michigan. In those four games he averaged 19.7 points, 12.75 assists and 4.7 rebounds while turning it over 2.2 times a game. Those are some great numbers. Scouts question his speed, athleticism and ability to defend NBA point guards, but if Jimmer Fredette could be a lottery pick because of his shooting, then I think Machado is worthy of a look in the second round because of his passing and game management abilities.

The Line up...

PG Stephen Curry - Scott Machado - Charles Jenkins
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush
SF Josh Smith - Dorell Wright - Dominic McGuire
PF Anthony Davis - Jeremy Tyler - Furkan Aldemir
C Andrew Bogut - Andris Biedrins - Fab Melo
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 am
I think we would need to offer Atlanta something more than just Lee for Smith straight up. Maybe Dorell as well, and take someone to match the salaries, cause I'm not sure how it stacks.

And about Machado, I agree with you. I mean, tell to John Stockton that pass first, non that athletic PGs can't play in the NBA.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:17 pm
Most experts agree that Josh Smith looses all his strong points in his game when he plays SF. I would prefer Granger or some other true SF. It is possible though to trade for a SF without losing Lee. AB + Dorel + 1first round pick(27th) could do it.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm
TRON wrote:Most experts agree that Josh Smith looses all his strong points in his game when he plays SF. I would prefer Granger or some other true SF. It is possible though to trade for a SF without losing Lee. AB + Dorel + 1first round pick(27th) could do it.

Granger is just a scorer and not as good of one as he used to be, more of an outside shooter. His defense is not that good now either. Iguodala, though he has been doing less this season, is a better fir, as he is a playmaker and plays both ends. He does cost a ton, 15 million a season, and it would take Lee and DWright, though I think Lee right now is worth more than Iggy and Iggy is very expendable right now in Philly, with Turner and Young there. I reckon the late 1st rounder from Spurs and RJeff could be enough to get Iggy, add DWright if needed.

If we get the #1 pick, Lee should be traded for a very good player, to be backup (preferably a big), who is not paid so much, like 8 million no more and a filler that is an expirer. Davis would start next to Bogut and we'd have added a very good backup big, someone like Millsap from Utah.

Better than that, a huge, hard to make happen, yet logical trade would be to trade Davis, Curry, DWright and RJeff to New Jersey for a resigned for at least four years Deron, a resigned for at least three years GWallace, BLopez and Nets 1st rounder 2013 (likely a lottery pick). A monster trade and at first glance it looks like New Jersey is giving up alot but hear the rationale: Deron is leaving, that's obvious, likely so to is GWallace, also a free agent after this season. BLopez is likely gone after next season, for nothing, just like Deron and GWallace. New Jersey gets Davis, the highly touted PF/C that likely will be a future superstar, defensively at least. They also get Curry, not as good as Deron, but a top 10 PG himself with the talent to be top 5. DWright expires after next season, so they'll have money still to play with in free agency and RJeff still contributes a bit and is a huge expirer in two years. Much better than what the Nets are facing in a couple of weeks. We do it because we have Lee here as starting PF, not a great PF, defensively at least, but a top 10 one and next to Bogut, a very good duo, amongst the best PF/C duo actually. Deron would have to be convinced to resign and come here, but as a superstar himself, he will want close to max money and go to a contender. He can't do that unless he resigns and gets traded to a team which will still have enough talent after trading to get him, to still contend. The mavs and most other very good teams right now. just don't have the salary cap space to sign him as a free agent, so Deron is stuck in that regards. Looking at the roster here after the trade I just mentioned, that is championship contender to say the least, right away next season and for many seasons after, as all players aren't close to retirement and won't be for quite some time. GWallace, also to be convinced to resign, would fit right in as a very good starting SF. BLopez is a very good offensive Center, though more and more weak with rebounding and defending. He is a very good backup big though and would likely leave after next season, so he'd be very good trade bait for a team in need of a Center in before the deadline. Either that or this trade becomes a three team trade sending BLopez to a team that will start him and getting us one or two great backups.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:21 am
Yes but if Davis turns out to be the Superstar of the next decade we will cry ourselves to death for the rest of our lives. Trading rookies is a riiiiiiiiiiiisky business. Never trade a rookie until you are as sure as you can be that you can get away with it. Linsanity was not a good place to be for us. And we have years in front of us to hear all kind of **** for letting him go. We are still crying for Webber even if we can't admit it. Or can't talk about it without feeling a surge of despair mixed with anger.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:28 am
Perry Jones III and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are pipe dreams already... And now we're fantasizing about Anthony Davis?

You guys are in for some serious disappointment. I'd love for Miami to trade us Bron Bron for Curry and Biedrins, and while "stranger things have happened", they typically don't happen so outwardly obviously. If we get the #1 pick, rest assured it'll be because Lacob paid to get into the Lakers-Celtics club with Riley, Cuban, and Jordan's old team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 pm
The team might end up in 5th spot, not sure yet. We certainly won't win another game with the lineup we've got and the teams below us have been winning a bit lately. It is not so far fetched that we could get MKG, it all depends what the teams picking ahead of us think of him and if they pick him.

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:30 pm
32 wrote:Perry Jones III and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are pipe dreams already... And now we're fantasizing about Anthony Davis?

You guys are in for some serious disappointment. I'd love for Miami to trade us Bron Bron for Curry and Biedrins, and while "stranger things have happened", they typically don't happen so outwardly obviously. If we get the #1 pick, rest assured it'll be because Lacob paid to get into the Lakers-Celtics club with Riley, Cuban, and Jordan's old team.

I know it's a stretch and personally I don't think it'll happen, but Chicago deep jump 7 spots or something to get Rose. Just sayin.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 pm
Didn't the Warriors get #1 pick when they drafted Joe Smith from about position 6 or something?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 am
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:Perry Jones III and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are pipe dreams already... And now we're fantasizing about Anthony Davis?

I know it's a stretch and personally I don't think it'll happen, but Chicago deep jump 7 spots or something to get Rose. Just sayin.

Exactly. Chicago is 1 of the current elite 6 NBA teams that the league takes care of. Boston, LA, and Chicago have been front page news since bringing us the 3 greatest players ever, New York is the biggest market, Dallas' owner is boisterous but puts TONS of money into the league, and Miami is the home of the superstar alliance. Those 6 teams are the only ones the league cares about right now. Dallas and Miami are the only 2 that aren't permanent mainstays in the diva club and San Antonio is the most recent former member to be abandoned from the old boy's club.

As the 4th biggest market and the team sold at the most expensive price in league history, I don't doubt Joe Lacob's ability to pull some strings and get the stories Warriors franchise in on temporary probation... Especially considering how stacked this team is compared to any other lottery team.

Even then, the coup we can hope for is MKG. That's a best case scenario. Anthony Davis is going to Charlotte to grow up for a few years until one of the elite 6 figureout a way to acquire him (just a hunch... I see him going to Boston 3 or 4 years down the line).

If the Dubs land a top 4 pick and nab Harrison Barnes or MKG, it will be because Lacob is playing his cards right behind the scenes.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:44 am
Say the Warriors land the 6th or 7th pick. I don't think there is a player there that can help them. The likes of Davis, Robinson, Barnes, Kidd-Gilchrist and Drummond will be gone. Then they'll be looking at Jeremy Lamb as the possible BPA or Brad Beal, who are both shooting guards and I don't think either will be better than Klay Thompson.

An option is to trade the pick for another young player that has already shown some potential and a guy that comes to mind is Indiana's Paul George. The Pacers play him as a SG, but with Danny Granger at SF, George maybe forced to continue his duties out of position. He's much better suited as a SF. A great trade for both teams would be:

The Warriors send the pick (6th or 7th) along with their 2 second round picks to the Pacers for Paul George and their first round pick (26th as it stands). Pacers would want a guy like Jeremy Lamb, who has been compared to the likes of Reggie Miller, although he reminds me more of a Rip Hamilton. George was the 10th overall pick last year so the Warriors get some compensation of the draft difference by moving their 2 second rounders into a late first rounder.

26th pick = Marquis Teague - 6'2 PG Kentucky
29th pick = Fab Melo - 6'11 C Syracuse

12-13 Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Charles Jenkins - Marquis Teague
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush
SF Paul George - Dorell Wright - Dominic McGuire
PF David Lee - Jeremy Tyler - Dominic McGuire
C Andrew Bogut - Andris Biedrins - Fab Melo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:33 pm
:-k Welllllll... I see Indiana a little more excited about George than to just give him away for a 6th or 7th pick...

:dontknow: ... but it does sound plausible and in a draft packed full of talent you never know who will sacrifice what in order to get their guy on the board. If Indiana wants Jeremy Lamb more than they want Paul George, than you sign on the dotted line before they have a chance to change their minds! [-o<
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball