Game Thread: Los Angeles Clippers @ Warriors 2006-02-15

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:41 pm
Yeah, I expected more out of Pietrus when he began starting. At the moment, he's not showing that he's a solution at SF...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:38 am
I Think Pietrus is the solution along with Dunleavy at the sf ,brings Defense, versatility and depth to the position also play well together :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:05 am
We had a 24 point lead and we let it whittle down to 6? *sigh*...

But, a win is a win no matter how ugly it could have gotten. And broe, i'm not sure what you are trying to say... You mean cycle Pietrus and Dunleavy at sf? If so, I'm not sure if that is the solution to the problem we have at that position right now.. Dun is good when he is on and that is occaisionally. Pietrus is streaky as well. one or the other will have to play the starter because giving them inconsistent minutes won't help them become any better. (for Dun... I'm not sure if he can be any better from what I have seen for the whole year. just blips on the radar...)

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:32 pm
I am fine with Pietrus starting at sf and Dunleavys versatility off the bench brings depth to the sf position also allows Jr to play elsewhere depending on situational need :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:23 am
#32 wrote:Yeah, I expected more out of Pietrus when he began starting. At the moment, he's not showing that he's a solution at SF...

Better than dun!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:03 am
migya wrote:Better than dun!

That's not exactly a difficult thing to do...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:05 am
Yoyo wrote:

That's not exactly a difficult thing to do...

TRUE

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:32 pm

That's like dismissing Mookie Blaylock's poor play for us because he was better than Bimbo Coles. Picking the lesser of two evils is all well and good; but it doesn't mean we should settle for mediocrity. Pietrus should have played better in his starting role. I recall several people here saying he'd average between 15-20 points in a starting role...?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:41 am
#32 wrote:That's like dismissing Mookie Blaylock's poor play for us because he was better than Bimbo Coles. Picking the lesser of two evils is all well and good; but it doesn't mean we should settle for mediocrity. Pietrus should have played better in his starting role. I recall several people here saying he'd average between 15-20 points in a starting role...?

And what's he been averaging since he's started! Look at the stats - The guy has averaged about 15 points since he has started, with some pretty big games, bigger games than dun has had all season starting!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:00 am
^ yeah MP needs to take care of the rock tho
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:07 am
Take care of the rock, improve his shot selection, foul less, shoot free's better, and learn to pass.

Better than Dunleavy, but still lots of work to be done.

His per-game stats since he became a starter:

15.0 points
5.0 rebounds
1.5 assists
1.3 steals
0.3 blocks
3.8 fouls
3.0 turnovers
46% from the field
34% for three
76% from the line

Like I said, he's scoring (like he's supposed to), but not as much as many advertised he would (the bare minimum, actually). He's getting 4 fouls a game (often early) and committing 3 turnovers a game (with 10 in the past 2 games!). His %'s are also as bad as JRich and Baron (which says something). Rebounding is better than I expected, but steals (in more time) remain the same.

Keep in mind, Pietrus' scoring average is inflated, too (as Baron Davis and Troy Murphy have both missed major time during Pietrus' starting games). It will probably descend to 12 or 13 points when Murph and Baron come back.

Mickael Pietrus needs to do more than simply score to be effective. MP's shot selection needs work and his game has to become something more than a scoring, over-rated defensive player. I like the kid, but there's lots of work to do. He's far from perfect.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:46 am
Yea - He does have alot of work to do but he is still very young!

It will happen!

Previous

Return to Game Threads