BASEBALL QUESTIONS

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:05 pm
Looks like there's another potential "PERFECT GAME" unfolding with ACE PHILLIE PITCHER Halladay..

Anyways, Can someone please tell me why the Oakland Athletics are in a 4 team division (when the other divisions inside there conference have 5 teams each)

& then over in the other conference there's 6 teams to each division... I know theres a bunch of different rules between conferences, but whats up with the wack allignment of teams in divisions??
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:22 am
Since there is nothing to watch anymore (except that NHL POs), I'm thinking of giving baseball a chance. I never got into it really...maybe if I understood it more I'd get interested. I know the basic rules, the point of the game, but I'm more of a statistics kind of person, and as long as I don't get all of it, I can't like it. :)

So, basically, I don't have a question, I'm just saying that any information or nice talk about it...and you could get me hooked up to watching the Giants. Cause, I did say that I'm gonna cheer in all of sports for Bay Area teams.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:26 am
Guybrush wrote:Since there is nothing to watch anymore (except that NHL POs), I'm thinking of giving baseball a chance. I never got into it really...maybe if I understood it more I'd get interested. I know the basic rules, the point of the game, but I'm more of a statistics kind of person, and as long as I don't get all of it, I can't like it. :)

So, basically, I don't have a question, I'm just saying that any information or nice talk about it...and you could get me hooked up to watching the Giants. Cause, I did say that I'm gonna cheer in all of sports for Bay Area teams.

Why'd you choose the Giants when in previous seasons I'd been trying to get you hooked on the A's? (after saying you have no loyalties to bay area baseball)

great shame if your just a bandwagon fan guy brush (choose the more popular avenue) A's don't have the pitching this year to compete but they've got the rookie in the year candidate storming out the gates in Yoenis Cespedes & will be having Manny Ramirez (the powerful drug cheating slugger) returning to our lineup in 45 games time.

Anyways not to worry guy brush.. there's heaps of Raiders fans who support the Giants (Mr Crackerz) & the A's message board i post on i'm always fighting with Niner/A's fans about football. I guess you can choose whoever you damn want to support.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:08 am
Pawno... its changing after this season. The Houston Astros are changing Conferences (From the National League to the American League).

See, once upon a time, Major League Baseball was run by 2 separate leagues. Before the National League and American League fully merged, these were 2 leagues with their different rules and different umpires (Thus the uneven amount of teams per league). Teams in the other league would not face each other until the World Series. Overtime, the two leagues slowly integrated into 1. Leagues began integrating the same rules, sharing the same umpires, and playing each other during the regular season. SO, now that the two leagues has pretty much become 1, baseball decided to force the worst team (the Houston Astros) to move leagues to even up the divisions.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 am
PAWNO wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Since there is nothing to watch anymore (except that NHL POs), I'm thinking of giving baseball a chance. I never got into it really...maybe if I understood it more I'd get interested. I know the basic rules, the point of the game, but I'm more of a statistics kind of person, and as long as I don't get all of it, I can't like it. :)

Why'd you choose the Giants when in previous seasons I'd been trying to get you hooked on the A's? (after saying you have no loyalties to bay area baseball)

great shame if your just a bandwagon fan guy brush (choose the more popular avenue) A's don't have the pitching this year to compete but they've got the rookie in the year candidate storming out the gates in Yoenis Cespedes & will be having Manny Ramirez (the powerful drug cheating slugger) returning to our lineup in 45 games time.

Anyways not to worry guy brush.. there's heaps of Raiders fans who support the Giants (Mr Crackerz) & the A's message board i post on i'm always fighting with Niner/A's fans about football. I guess you can choose whoever you damn want to support.

::lol:
Touchy, ain't you?

I love Bay Area teams, and I'm not a bandwaggon fan, never was. Heck, if I was how did I end up cheering for Warriors and 49ers (who did what prior to this year?)? It's just that there's a team from San Francisco, that team always has advantage over other Bay Area teams, cause I love San Francisco. I've been there, and liked it, on the other hand, I never did have intention of going to Oakland. But, I still like A's as well...I don't know why this is important to me, but when I was a kid I got an A's hat, and that was the first team I heard of. Also, I liked the colors. :)

I'm not even hooked to sport, let alone being a "FAN" of a team. Give me some time, for crying out loud. :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:12 pm
haha well least we liked the A's for samwe reason. I chose this team over the other cause of the colours

Zhalloween orange and black of the giants is phucking uigly... I do however think that whoever designed the giants logo is one talented mofo.. SF is simple in design, a cool little logo.

Return to Sports Board