Dakota Wizards moving to Santa Cruz??

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 pm
There is a report that this is likely to happen. It would be good for the team as it would be closer to have the D League near by, only 2 hour drive. I would be stokked, because I live in San Jose, and it is only 45 mins from here, and I enjoy going to Santa Cruz already. Are thre any other South Bay fans here who would go?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 pm
Surprised it's not San Jose. That's a tough drive over 17 to make during commute time to go to games for most of the Bay Area. Interesting to see how it works out. Definitely better than North Dakota.

All Star
Posts: 3061
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 am
I love Santa Cruz, but that 17, I just never feel comfortable driving up there. Interesting place for a team though.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 pm
I go to school in Santa Cruz. Love the 17 lol.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:I go to school in Santa Cruz. Love the 17 lol.



How old are you
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:56 am
My driving instructor taught us how to fly on 17 (and 9 in Saratoga). Naturally, he gave the easy parts to the girl and the spaz, so I have been handling 17 in the rain and at night almost since day 1. His rationale was if you could drive 17, you could drive anywhere. Brave guy to take a car packed with 16 year olds up that dead mans road.

The hell with SC though; place has gone way down hill. Last time I took my woman for a date there, my car got broken into. Santa Cruz now and Santa Cruz in the 70s (from what I'm told) are world's apart.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Moderator
Posts: 5356
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:47 pm
I personally wouldn't go. I think my money would be better spent watching college ball over the D-League.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:30 pm
migya wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:I go to school in Santa Cruz. Love the 17 lol.



How old are you

24

All Star
Posts: 3061
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:37 am
17 is one of those love it or hate it type highways, people that are used to it, say they know it inside/out, dang I wish I was them.

And if your car is not well maintained or runs well the 17 is not the freeway to try it out with, and I can see how if you can drive the 17 then you pretty much can drive anywhere not doubting that one bit.

All Star
Posts: 3061
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:39 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:
migya wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:I go to school in Santa Cruz. Love the 17 lol.



How old are you

24


One of the more friendly marijuana campuses, so Ive heard. lol
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:00 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
migya wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:I go to school in Santa Cruz. Love the 17 lol.



How old are you

24


One of the more friendly marijuana campuses, so Ive heard. lol

As long as you don't cause any trouble. ::lol:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 am
warriorsstepup wrote:17 is one of those love it or hate it type highways, people that are used to it, say they know it inside/out, dang I wish I was them.

And if your car is not well maintained or runs well the 17 is not the freeway to try it out with, and I can see how if you can drive the 17 then you pretty much can drive anywhere not doubting that one bit.

My car is pretty much built like a go kart lol. I've driven 17 on average cars and I can understand why some people are scared of it.

All Star
Posts: 3061
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:28 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
migya wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:I go to school in Santa Cruz. Love the 17 lol.



How old are you

24


One of the more friendly marijuana campuses, so Ive heard. lol

As long as you don't cause any trouble. ::lol:


Of course that is the given, lol.

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron