We've got to get this forum going

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 pm
8th ave wrote:
8th ave wrote:[Edited by JREED] - Sorry 8th, I understand your frustration as we've all felt it at times but we need to keep it civil.

Wth? U couldnt just replace the "fuks and pussies" with "forget and vagina"? Never been edited before. I feel violated.

It's pretty fitting that there'd be an edited post in this particular topic. ::lol:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:41 pm
32 wrote:Yeah boss, I roll every couple of weeks with my coworkers and friends. Not a real great bowler, bout 180 avg. What's your high game, hobbes?

And I agree with the general consensus in that this place is much more pleasant without the egg-shell-trending for fear of heavy-handed, overbearing, one-size-fits-all punishment. Give me a spicy 32 vs migya debate - at the end of the day, it's damn good reading. Give me titties and ass in 8th Ave's sig's. Give me an overseas fan who can type bloody English and doesn't front on how well he knows the team and above all else is FUNNY, like pawn dog. Give me uncensored debate and conversation ENGAGED IN, but not COMPLETELY DOMINATED by mods, like Vince McMahon trying to suck up every second of air time for himself. At the end of the day, this is GoldenStWarriors.Co, not hobbes & friends warn the new guy not to post about a, b, or c. This forum is about YOU, the users.

This may be the island of misfit toys, but f*ck it. We weren't trying to fit into the mold anyway. :wink:

I actually had quite a few 300's back in my day. I haven't touched a ball in a while though.

As I have always said, it's the users that make this board.....the mods don't want to touch anything unless we feel it's absolutely necessary. I really hate (and so do the other mods) playing board policeman.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:
8th ave wrote:[Edited by JREED] - Sorry 8th, I understand your frustration as we've all felt it at times but we need to keep it civil.

Wth? U couldnt just replace the "fuks and pussies" with "forget and vagina"? Never been edited before. I feel violated.

It's pretty fitting that there'd be an edited post in this particular topic. ::lol:

Just trying to keep the peace between the boards. You wont see me edit/delete much and I don't care about curse words.

@8th ave - there's a first time for everything :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 pm
JREED wrote:
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Just trying to keep the peace between the boards. You wont see me edit/delete much and I don't care about curse words.

@8th ave - there's a first time for everything :wink:

:mrgreen: I'm just pulling your leg, JREED. First edited post I've seen since I came back. You're far from a board nazi haha.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:49 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Don't worryt 8th..

I'd rather be edited & offered a reason as to why then get the straight up ban-hammer laid down.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:07 pm
I am a member of this board 7 years now. But i was off line for a long time for reason's that i don't believe that any of you can be bothered with. When i came back on line i detected some changes never knowing what caused them. I remember i was worried that Migya was gone also because i couldn't see a post from him for 3-4 days straight something out of the ordinary for the guy from down under whom i really like and always enjoy arguing with. This thread answered many questions. I consider all this bickering sad. We are all Warrior fans god knows why. and despite our different opinions we have something in common so i wish we can get past our old differences and move on. As for the main theme i would like to say to Migya not to worry, it is only natural in a time like this to have few post as there are to little to write about. I wish this forum and all the posters the best and i believe that good times are finally ahead for us .

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 pm
Just keep your stream of nice lady pics going 8th ave.

Thanks Tron. Be good to see you post more as you haven't much over seven years :wink:

Keeping it friendly and proper is the only way and it has been that way for a while now

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 pm
PAWNO wrote:My main gripe with how it all went down was you PM'ing people inviting people to a smaller community & yet still using a signature advertising your new msgboard. I acknowledge that 32 is wrong & you are correct in terms of posters have a choice as to which board they wanna post but It kind of contradicts in my eyes what you were trying to achieve using your signature on this site as an advertisement to your new site (come check out the new forum, but only if your invited & then you will be screened like it's some kind of popularity contest)

I think Hobbes was very gracious as not to ban/ask you guys to leave immediately & that probably showed how much of a top bloke hobbes was/is & the friendships you all had made before the mutual split.

What really annoyed me was you guys left & still came here & you had one of your moderators come back here & private msg a new poster to our forum telling him to join the dark side (information relayed to me by a dual poster between both boards who thought it was an unethical practice) ... You felt the need to defend the sly private messaging culprit & not acknowledge that it was a lowball act to poach a brand new forum member to goldenstwarriors.com... That in my book was wrong & I'll never forgive him for that.

warriorsstepup wrote:Its re-freshing to see and notice the new Mods just blend in as regular WARRIORS fan, because that is what this site is about, the former acted as if this was their holy grail and they the ones in control and they wanted everyone to know that. The elite verses the who ever else, that's why they branched out, so they can all agree with each other and pat each other on the back. They banned alot knowledge able posters and had that Nazi-like control, ridiculous.

pretty much sums up how i feel about the whole ordeal
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball