Which Mulligan Would You Take?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which Warrior move would you like a mulligan on?

Trading a rapidly less protected 1st round pick for Marcus Williams
46%
Hiring Mark Jackson as head coach
8%
Using the 14th draft pick to take (SG) Klay Thompson
No votes
Using the amnesty clause on Charlie Bell (1 year, $4 million)
23%
Signing Kwame Brown (1 year, $7 million) instead of someone else - specify
No votes
The Milwaukee trade (Ellis/Udoh for Bogut/Jackson)
No votes
The Richardson Jefferson trade (salary, 1st-round-pick, losing SJax)
8%
Chris Mullin Retirement Night (how would YOU have made it happen?)
15%

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 pm
If you could take back one management decision that affects this year, which would it be? What would you have done differently?

I'm mainly curious to see if the Biedrins amnesty outweighs giving up our 1st rounder...

Buuut, personally... If you couldn't tell from my tone the past few days, my only real EMBARRASSING moment came on Chris Mullin retirement night. #1, they shouldn't have booed Lacob. But assuming they were going to... I would have had Lacob unveil the jersey before any of the speeches. If fans wanna boo, they get it outta the way early and EVERYONE on the panel has a chance to defend Joe Lacob, in a more professional way than Rick Flair Barry scolding the crowd on the fly. Could have been handled with so much more class than that.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:03 pm
The worst move was giving up the 1st rounder for Marcus Williams. That was a Cohan/Mullin move.

Otherwise it was definitely not using the amnesty on Biedrins. Aside from the lost cap space, you can make a case that if we did that we would also still have Jeremy Lin since he was cut to create more cap room for the Jordan offer.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:11 pm
I'm curious; somebody voted for the SJax-for-RJ deal?

Anyone wanna explain? Is the additional year of salary really not worth the first rounder (and the peace of mind of not having to deal with Jackson)?

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:09 am
Definitely the Marcus Williams pick up for a draft pick, didn't make sense then, did not make sense when it played out and its hurting us now.

Warriors pick up Marcus Williams don't play him, Nelly starts Demarcus Nelson opening day. Demarcus who played in the league less than 2 yrs, was more of a SF/PF, no handles. After reading the article about warriors past and now rewinding to this part of warriors history, I think am in need of a therapist.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 am
I voted for the Marcus Williams trade... what a terrible, terrible decision. It was bad when it happened, and it became worse when the guy was even worse than advertise (not being any good to begin with).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:38 pm
Yeahh... But even without our first rounder, we have stockpiled 3 draft picks in a stacked draft (and Riley is in talks about reacquiring our #1 pick anyway). And when it comes down to it... It's a draft pick. Great draft, probable high pick, lotta upside but still a lotta risk involved when you're rolling the dice on somebody in the draft.

Chris Mullin night is an embarrassment that transcends the franchise.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:33 pm
That night is just a culmination of all the bad things that happened throughout the years...including that Marcus Williams fiasco. So, I'd go with that...without that idiocy there might not have been booing to Lacob.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:12 am
Yyyyyeah, but seriously, it's a dumber thing to do than any boneheaded front office mistake. To expose our fanbase as whiny children instead of the intelligent, passionate fans we were touted as... I regret that more than anything. I'd do anything to take it back.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:44 am
Lotta votes for that 1st round pick. You guys do realize its top 7 protected, right?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:44 pm
Yeah, we do, but we're still not bad enough to keep it. So, until we get that pick back for sure, I'm gonna be pissed that we lost it. :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:37 pm
Boy, the addition of Bogut sure makes that Biedrins contact look a whole lot worse. AB15 is set to spend another useless year on the pine without a reliable role even in a backup scenario. AB12, meanwhile, magnifies the fact that AB15 is stealing money. I'm pretty sure their contracts are less than $4 million apart... But Bogut will compete for DPoY honors, while Biedrins hopes the Warriors use their next amnesty on him so he can go back to Latvia and bang the breadcrumbs off his bomb trophy wife:

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:59 pm
EDIT: wrong thread
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Return to Warriors Basketball