Should we tank?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:55 pm
8th ave wrote:Today should've counted as 2 losses. Wizards almost snuck by Indiana but lost even though they were up 22 at half. Let's hope NO and the Kings can get a win today.

Some good results in our favour today

New Orleans came to the Oracle and just owned stuff.

Cleveland lost to Detroit.

Indiana laid a goose egg against the NETS

GOOD TIMES!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 am
PAWNO wrote:
8th ave wrote:Today should've counted as 2 losses. Wizards almost snuck by Indiana but lost even though they were up 22 at half. Let's hope NO and the Kings can get a win today.

Some good results in our favour today

New Orleans came to the Oracle and just owned stuff.

Cleveland lost to Detroit.

Indiana laid a goose egg against the NETS

GOOD TIMES!!!

From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm
8th ave wrote:

HAHA that's GOLD!!!

Karl Stefanovic.

He is a Australian Breakfast host & he is renowned for turning up to the show, DRUNK!!! (only after big events)
(The company line is he is not drunk & is never offensive, so I guess the producers allow his antics)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:50 am
It actually looks alright for the team to finish 7th worst, even 6th worst. Still is a chance, though pretty small

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 am
2.5 behind Detroit and Cleveland right now. Tough, but doable. That loss to the Hornets was huge.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 am
I guess that's technically 2.5 ahead lol
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 am
Next game is against New Jersey, so likely won't be a loss, but April looks like it will only have one probable win and that's against Hornets second last game of the season. We play Portland once which could also be a bad win, Houston, Utah, Memphis and Clippers once, TWolves, Denver, Spurs, Lakers and Dallas twice. Most games in April should be losses, while some of those bad East teams must play each other and so one team will win in such games.

6th worst spot is best, as then one team above us can get lucky and get a top 4 pick and we still get into the top 7 picks

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:47 am
Someone can write what Warriors need to happen, and what Jazz need to happen to GSW take a TOP 7 pick?

Jazz need to take part in PO, but Warriors need to lost much as can?
freak_y
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:26 am
Warriors need to be in the worst 7 teams in the league, which we are not at the moment, but if we continue losing like we did last night, we're gonna get there, hopefully. And those loses are not that hard to swallow, when your team shows that they can dominate the game, and then just straight out stop playing. :)

Utah doesn't need to do anything, they will get our pick if it's not top 7 pick. That's all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 am
Detroit won today so that's another team creeping up. Not much separating us from the three teams behind us, like three games. Looks good

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:43 am
migya wrote:Detroit won today so that's another team creeping up. Not much separating us from the three teams behind us, like three games. Looks good

This is a real surreal time for me as a Warrior fan. I've always believed in the notion that you give it your all & play til the fat lady sings.

But where a pick in the 8th-10th range could really do wonders for Utah in their quest to rebuild a formidable basketball team.. I think this is the right move.

I truly believe that this team next year with a healthy Curry/Bogut & our top 7 pick will be a WestCoast team ready to make some noise in the Playoffs. Lets give Utah a non-lottery pick next season in the 16-24 range & lets do our best to JUST STINK BABY!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:23 am
PAWNO wrote:
migya wrote:Detroit won today so that's another team creeping up. Not much separating us from the three teams behind us, like three games. Looks good

This is a real surreal time for me as a Warrior fan. I've always believed in the notion that you give it your all & play til the fat lady sings.

But where a pick in the 8th-10th range could really do wonders for Utah in their quest to rebuild a formidable basketball team.. I think this is the right move.

I truly believe that this team next year with a healthy Curry/Bogut & our top 7 pick will be a WestCoast team ready to make some noise in the Playoffs. Lets give Utah a non-lottery pick next season in the 16-24 range & lets do our best to JUST STINK BABY!!!

Well leave them fat ladies out of this, but agreed with the rest.

Health permitting, the team will be in line for a 1st rounder in the range of 20-25 next year. Utah can have that.

A top 7 pick could land the team a very good SF, maybe trading the pick, along with the Spurs late 1st rounder we got and even DWright expirer for a pick in the top 3. Could also use it in a trade for an already established very good SF that plays both ends. Defense is so important and looks like only Bogut plays it right now from the current projected starters

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:56 am
Nice win for DET gets them within 2 of us. Assuming we don't stun the Lakers tonight they should only be 1.5 away with NJ and CLE 2.5 behind after tonight.

TOR hosts the Wizards tonight, a TOR win with a GS loss moves them 3 away.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:23 pm
hobbes wrote:Nice win for DET gets them within 2 of us. Assuming we don't stun the Lakers tonight they should only be 1.5 away with NJ and CLE 2.5 behind after tonight.

TOR hosts the Wizards tonight, a TOR win with a GS loss moves them 3 away.

Yea, really getting good and quite quickly too. It could be that five games from now the team in anywhere from seventh worst to fifth worst and that's real good.

I really think keeping this lottery pick is real important now. Keeping this pick opens up options that could transition the team to a contender if doe well. I don't think any rookie could be that good right away, but trading the lottery pick, even with either RJeff or AB, could get the team one of the best SFs in the nba.

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball