Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:29 pm
Warriors Rookies are making an impact on the rookie ladder:
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/
2 Klay Thompson : Golden State Warriors
Thompson gets a bump this week after twice setting career-highs in scoring (27 in a win over New Orleans and 31 three nights later in a win over Sacramento). With each game, Thompson's confidence grows as he becomes more comfortable being "the man". And despite Tuesday's loss in a hyped matchup with Kobe Bryant (the rookie scored 20, but was just 10-for-25), his coach and teammates can't say enough good things. "Everything he does already is what you try to teach young two guards coming into this league," coach Mark Jackson told the San Francisco Chronicle. "He competes, he loves the game and he knows the game." Teammate Nate Robinson, in his seventh season: "Klay really is one of the best shooters I've ever seen. If you want to pad your assist numbers, you just pass it to Klay."
-- March 28

10 Charles Jenkins : Golden State Warriors
With Stephen Curry and Nate Robinson sidelined, the Warriors' second-round pick has stepped in and stepped up. Jenkins, taken with the 44th pick out of Hofstra, had 27 points and six assists in Sunday's loss in Portland and followed that with 12 points and three assists in Tuesday's loss to the Lakers. "I can always get better," Jenkins told the San Francisco Chronicle earlier in the week. "You can't get satisfied in this league. I think I did a good job of getting guys shots where they are comfortable, but I had four turnovers, which still hurts me right now." Jenkins seems to have a great attitude, which should help him as he tries to keep his spot on the Ladder.
-- March 28
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to News Articles