The Welcome ANDREW BOGUT Thread!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 pm
One last thing: yesterday when we were up 3 in the last seconds of the game and Utah came back to tie with that Favors dunk; it was Lee's fault because he didn't flash the middle after Biedrins got caught up in that screen.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:02 pm
8th ave wrote:One last thing: yesterday when we were up 3 in the last seconds of the game and Utah came back to tie with that Favors dunk; it was Lee's fault because he didn't flash the middle after Biedrins got caught up in that screen.

Nahhh, gotta disagree. Up 3 with less than 10 seconds, you give up the dunk. Biedrins was moronic for contesting the shot. If it was the middle of the 3rd, you'd be right. But come on. You're up 3. They can't even tie on a dunk. You give that up.

You guys make a good point about Howard, but I left him out for the reasons you listed. At best, Ryan Anderson is a slightly below average starting 4.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:26 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:One last thing: yesterday when we were up 3 in the last seconds of the game and Utah came back to tie with that Favors dunk; it was Lee's fault because he didn't flash the middle after Biedrins got caught up in that screen.

Nahhh, gotta disagree. Up 3 with less than 10 seconds, you give up the dunk. Biedrins was moronic for contesting the shot. If it was the middle of the 3rd, you'd be right. But come on. You're up 3. They can't even tie on a dunk. You give that up.

You guys make a good point about Howard, but I left him out for the reasons you listed. At best, Ryan Anderson is a slightly below average starting 4.

The situation doesn't call for you to just give a free basket. The best case scenario was to play defense, they miss a shot, secure a rebound, and bury the free throws, not "hey, don't give them a three, and if they're anywhere within the arc, just give them the shot." Lee didn't rotate on the pick and roll, and that put Biedrins in a bad situation. Was it dumb for Biedrins to foul him? Yes. In that case you give up the 2, but Lee's blown assignment put him in that situation in the first place.

Just for the record I didn't want us to win anyway. I want that draft pick. But if this was an important game -- maybe a playoff game next year -- and that happened, I would've pinned it on Lee. Just saying.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 pm
8th ave wrote:One knock I have on Lee is that he doesn't play outstanding defense. He's maybe an average defender at best. The only time I see him play above average defense is when we play against Boston. I think there's something about KG that just inspires Lee to play hard. It's probably because KG talks a lot of smack. Another tidbit I've notice about Lee is that he likes to talk a little smack himself. I think it was against the clippers after a dunk I read Lee lips saying something like "da **** off me!". I'd love to see more of that out of him.

Another thing I'd like to add over the off-season is a premier defender. I know I said it before, but I would love someone in the mold of Tony Allen. Someone to lock down the other teams' leading scorer. Maybe McGuire could fill that role for us, but I'd prefer someone with starting potential.

That's a big negative about Lee, his bad defense. That's why I don't think the Lee/Bogut duo is going to be near the best PF/C duo there is, more like top 5 at best. Wonder what Lee's rebounding will be like next to Bogut, think it wll go down, though hopefully it won't.

Man, I'd like the Lakers to give us PGasol for Lee, as they were reportedly shopping him. PGasol plays both ends and would fit better with Bogut

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:53 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:

The situation doesn't call for you to just give a free basket. The best case scenario was to play defense, they miss a shot, secure a rebound, and bury the free throws, not "hey, don't give them a three, and if they're anywhere within the arc, just give them the shot." Lee didn't rotate on the pick and roll, and that put Biedrins in a bad situation. Was it dumb for Biedrins to foul him? Yes. In that case you give up the 2, but Lee's blown assignment put him in that situation in the first place.

Just for the record I didn't want us to win anyway. I want that draft pick. But if this was an important game -- maybe a playoff game next year -- and that happened, I would've pinned it on Lee. Just saying.

I understand your point; I agree, Lee missed his rotation. But undoubtably the bigger mistake was Biedrins committing the foul. One person's blunder cost us a basket. The other guy's mistake cost us the game. If you're Biedrins and you see Lee misses an assignment, you back off and give up the hoop. Again, the situation is exactly how you detailed it... Except in that exact situation (aka, up 3 with less than 10 seconds left).

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm
what about milsap and jefferson thats a really good frontcourt id prolly say top 5 too?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:55 pm
ShadsTheWarrior wrote:what about milsap and jefferson thats a really good frontcourt id prolly say top 5 too?

Meh, they're alright. They have a lot of 4's and 5's on that team. Don't forget they have Kantor and Favors on their bench. Once they become starting material they'll have really good trade value in Millsap and I'm sure they can get something good for Jefferson. :-k Come to think of it their future looks bright as well.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am
8th ave wrote:
ShadsTheWarrior wrote:what about milsap and jefferson thats a really good frontcourt id prolly say top 5 too?

Meh, they're alright. They have a lot of 4's and 5's on that team. Don't forget they have Kantor and Favors on their bench. Once they become starting material they'll have really good trade value in Millsap and I'm sure they can get something good for Jefferson. :-k Come to think of it their future looks bright as well.

That's a great point, Shad, I blush to admit I forgot Utah haha. I'd definitely give them top 5, although they are both undersized for their respective positions. Jefferson's got too much game and Milsapp works his ass off.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:04 am
Well....I semi-expected the Monta trade and hate to see him go, but it does look like we did well. Looking forward to seeing Bogut next year, certainly wish he wasn't injured. I'm concerned about him staying healthy but really do worry about Curry. I'm thinking perhaps he should sit the rest of the season out because he keeps re-injuring the ankle. Maybe he needs some more surgery and extensive rehab to shore it up and get it healed properly?

As a longtime Warriors fan I'm used to waiting for the team to get back into winning and going the playoffs. I really thought the 2007 team beating the Mavs was going to be the springboard for us to get back to being a respected franchise. Wow...that sure went well, loved the dismantling of the squad to the point where it was barely recognizable! Forgive me for this semi-rant, so many of you here are much more knowledgeable about the game than I am. And I don't follow the free agents, draft and the cap that closely. As used to waiting as I am, it's been how many years since Clifford Ray, Rick Barry and company won the championship??!! 1976 is a long time ago...I mean, hell, I've been following the team since the Thurmond days when we didn't win it all but we sure were damn respected in the league! All I see is what, 300 players (it seems like!) come and go in the past few years to the point where the roster barely has any continuity. Except for Biedrins and WTF is he even doing here at this point?! Add in the 2 extra years of Nellieball that sucked, with a little improvement from Smart and now the roster is still in flux. We're still waiting...now people are asking if we should tank? Wow...it gets mindnumbing after awhile...Anyway, I have faith that Jerry West, Jackson etc. can get the team moving in the right direction and next year should be alot better. Thanks for listening, I'm just frustrated. So why IS Biedrins still on the team? Release him, all he's been doing is collecting a paycheck--useless...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 am
Getting Bogut can only mean improvement, at least a good chance of it. Getting a great Center is so hard to do and right now the team has one. Lee is an above average PF, so that's the two bigs worked out pretty well. The other positions are much easier to work out as they are filled by men who are not of such rare extreme size. Looks like PG and SG may well be solved also, so just sF and then bench that needs to be addressed.

The roster looks alot better and only health is the real potential issue

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 am
WarriorsAlaskaFan wrote:Well....I semi-expected the Monta trade and hate to see him go, but it does look like we did well. Looking forward to seeing Bogut next year, certainly wish he wasn't injured. I'm concerned about him staying healthy but really do worry about Curry. I'm thinking perhaps he should sit the rest of the season out because he keeps re-injuring the ankle. Maybe he needs some more surgery and extensive rehab to shore it up and get it healed properly?

As a longtime Warriors fan I'm used to waiting for the team to get back into winning and going the playoffs. I really thought the 2007 team beating the Mavs was going to be the springboard for us to get back to being a respected franchise. Wow...that sure went well, loved the dismantling of the squad to the point where it was barely recognizable! Forgive me for this semi-rant, so many of you here are much more knowledgeable about the game than I am. And I don't follow the free agents, draft and the cap that closely. As used to waiting as I am, it's been how many years since Clifford Ray, Rick Barry and company won the championship??!! 1976 is a long time ago...I mean, hell, I've been following the team since the Thurmond days when we didn't win it all but we sure were damn respected in the league! All I see is what, 300 players (it seems like!) come and go in the past few years to the point where the roster barely has any continuity. Except for Biedrins and WTF is he even doing here at this point?! Add in the 2 extra years of Nellieball that sucked, with a little improvement from Smart and now the roster is still in flux. We're still waiting...now people are asking if we should tank? Wow...it gets mindnumbing after awhile...Anyway, I have faith that Jerry West, Jackson etc. can get the team moving in the right direction and next year should be alot better. Thanks for listening, I'm just frustrated. So why IS Biedrins still on the team? Release him, all he's been doing is collecting a paycheck--useless...

Great post!

And on-point remark about Biedrins. Last night at the game, I turned to my brother and said, "Dammmmn, Pekovic is bulldozing through Lee on the post. Gee. I wish we had an $11 million center to play him..."
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball