Joe Lacob getting booed.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:02 pm
I can't believe this **** is happening. I know we have one of the most passionate crowds, but some of our fans are short sited, naive, and ignorant. I'm ashamed to be a fan right now.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 pm
I think it revolves around last weeks trade. Some fans are having a hard time grasping that Monta & Bogut is a trade of equal value.

Monta was definate a fan favorite.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 pm
I am watching the Sharks game. If anyone finds this on YouTube let me know. I heard it was awful.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:27 pm
Well the owner was front and Center. He made those proclamation of Warriors are a playoff roster this season. He talk they had everything needed to be a good team and Warriors become the destination for FA. None of that has happen, Monta traded and Warriors came out flat in the first half lots of pent up frustration
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 pm
Daaaaaaamn...watching it on DVR. I was not expecting that AT ALL. And I don't think Lacob was either. Feel bad for the guy, didn't deserve that reaction. Unlike Cohan, who did.

This just shows you the LEVEL of Monta-homerism and Basketball ignorance among some Warrior fans.

Maybe the fans can't handle the growing pains of building a winning franchise. Maybe that's why the former owners have always appeased them with short-sighted moves.

Give the man a chance to turn this thing around FFS. Bogut for Ellis is a brilliant move and if any of those casual fans in the Oracle this evening could realize that, instead of crying over their golden boy Monta, they would have never booed.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 pm
Just saw it on tv. I'm sure he wasn't expecting that. Bad timing. I felt it was disrespectful to Mullin was well. I'm sure this swan't the retirement ceremony he envisioned.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 pm
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:50 pm
Throughout misery and blowouts, amongst D-league teams and Nellieball, from the moment i first stepped into a Golden State Warriors home game, I can honestly say, this is the first and only time I have been embarrassed to be in the Oracle.

What a bunch of inbred, near-sighted, sadistic, mouth-breaking yokels. I literally told the one dude in my row that was booing to shut his f'ucking mouth. If Andrew Bogut started tonight, every person in the building would be swinging from this fool's nuts. The booer told me he deserved it cause he didn't deliver a playoff birth in his first full season as an owner.

Nah, you're right, I told the guy.
Let's sell the team back to Cohan. #-o

Morons. Some people just can't help themselves.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 am
If the deadshit announcer (sorry Greg Papa) hadn't said "Saved the best for last, lets pass microphone to owner"

& then the 30 second silence by owner "Now that we got that over with"

Kind of like a few dominos falling one after another, with a snowballing affect.

Kind of felt like I was watching a episode of MONDAY NIGHT RAW

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:07 am
PAWNO wrote:If the deadshit announcer (sorry Greg Papa) hadn't said "Saved the best for last, lets pass microphone to owner"

& then the 30 second silence by owner "Now that we got that over with"

Kind of like a few dominos falling one after another, with a snowballing affect.

Kind of felt like I was watching a episode of MONDAY NIGHT RAW

"Best for last", thought it was Mullins night. Lacob as Vince McMohan. lol

It was Mullins night they shouldn't have booed.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:22 am
Another black page in this team's history, sadly written by the fan's this time.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2012/3 ... ?ref=yahoo

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:37 am
Certainly wasn't classy by the fans tonight.

Mullin is such an icon in Warriors history. God, I remember so many times him making shot after shot, looking like a robot almost out there on the court. So happy for him to have his number retired, ofcourse it was going to happen eventually.

A SF anything like him starting next season would be a good fit hey! :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 am
Was at the game and everything was going fine until the Lacob grabbed the mic.... i chuckled at first when he got light boos... ok, what ever... but then they kept getting louder and louder, and wouldn't let the dude talk... i was embarrassed. I couldn't believe it. Truth be told it was only a few who did it, but because everyone else was quiet it could be heard loud and clear. I was so dissapointed... imagine this... on national TV.

I have to say, what a class act Mully going out there and supporting him. It was totally un called for, he has done everything in his power to improve the team. He bought second round draft picks, brought in new quality FO members. I don't blame the guy for the lousy year we are having. Even if I didn't like the trade I could understand the trade.

I think we as fans have a lot to do to recover the title, "Best Fans in the NBA". At least when Lacob went back to his seat, there was a group of Fans near by that gave him a standing obvation. Just sad that we couldn't repair the damage that was already done....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 am
Nothing all that new, Cohan got boo'd. I think they should have gave it a couple more crap seasons before they did it, but everyone needs to understand the frustration. The general consensus on this board is that Monta needed to go, however most Warrior fans I know, loved him and for them he was one of the few reasons to support the team.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 am
I thought it was disrespectful to Mullin, but Lacob had it coming. This is a team that was "guaranteed" to make the playoffs and was only 3 games out when he gave up on them. It might work out great but right now we have team built around 2 guys who can't stay on the court and a joke of a coach who isn't going to lead them anywhere.
The initial boos were well deserved and from there he pretty much egged on the crowd with the "now that we got that over with" comment. Just watching it on tv made me angry because I felt like Lacob and Barry had arrogant attitudes about him like they were talking down to children. I especially lost respect for Barry after he said "this man is spending his money..." We're the ones spending our money and Lacob is the one making the profit. I don't know how many thousands of dollars I have spent on tickets and merchandise supporting this team only to see them fail year in and year out. Talking about accolades, look up in the rafters nothing has happened for this franchise in 20 years. Heck we haven't even had an all star since Sprewell. Yeah the crowd might have been a little out of control, but after everything we've been through as a fan base it was bound to happen.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball