Should we tank?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 am
migya wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I counted 14...I guess I'll have to take that one then. ::razz:

Lacob or Railey said that we can't improve our team through FA, after they've signed Jefferson. That's the reason they've done that deal, that they can't attract big names and good players via FA, so they decided to do it through trades and draft.

So, it's either draft, or more trades. FA is not our friend at the moment.

Count again, there's only 13.

Draft is as good as gone with our lottery pick looking like it's Utah's. FA might not be available, but trades are always there, just look at the few awful ones the last few days and the vast quantity over the years. There's still good moves to be made and the team only needs one or two now

Definitely 14. There's a wide one on the right that might not fit your screen.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 am
migya wrote:

Lacob or Railey said that we can't improve our team through FA, after they've signed Jefferson. That's the reason they've done that deal, that they can't attract big names and good players via FA, so they decided to do it through trades and draft.

Only if you're disqualifying one of them for some reason.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:02 pm
hobbes wrote:Migya's right, it's going to be nearly impossible to tank enough to get in the top 7. Detroit is the 7th-worst team right now, if they continue at their current winning percentage the Warriors would have to go 5-20 the rest of the way to finish "behind" them. Even without Curry the rest of the way, I can't see that happening.

Best thing is to just play the youngsters and see what they can all offer. Also, see who should be resigned for next season out of those players out of contract. It is a perfect time to figure that out now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:03 pm
f1n3 wrote:
migya wrote:

Draft is as good as gone with our lottery pick looking like it's Utah's. FA might not be available, but trades are always there, just look at the few awful ones the last few days and the vast quantity over the years. There's still good moves to be made and the team only needs one or two now

Definitely 14. There's a wide one on the right that might not fit your screen.

Yea, could never see the one on the far right, the slightly towards "large size" girl. Had to "view picture" to see her

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 pm
Tanking looks possible when Richard Jefferson is shooting 2-14 from the field.

AWESOME
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:42 pm
PAWNO wrote:Tanking looks possible when Richard Jefferson is shooting 2-14 from the field.

AWESOME

I know it's only 1 game, but if he keeps this up we need to explore a buy out or a trade. He doesn't seem to fit in too well.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:45 pm
8th ave wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Tanking looks possible when Richard Jefferson is shooting 2-14 from the field.

AWESOME

I know it's only 1 game, but if he keeps this up we need to explore a buy out or a trade. He doesn't seem to fit in too well.

Yeah.. I agree.

I think it's either a buyout. Or we hold on him for 2 years and use him as a expiring contract in 2014. (there's no way he is going to turn down the gaurenteed 10 million or so he has in his player option next offseason)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:48 pm
At a boy RJeff, at least your trying to help the losing :mrgreen:

Favors played real well. The Jazz might be willing to trade their much higher paid PF and C, Millsap and AJeff, for relatively cheap this offseason. Favors and Kanter look like starting material.

Wonder what Bogut and AJeff alongside each other would be like. Could work, maybe not enough mobility, but AJeff was a PF in Boston and early on in Minnesota, so it could be done. RJeff would have to play better than today to make him look good enough to be traded for AJeff. Add DWright and the Spurs 1st rounder, could be a done deal. Send Lee to Atlanta for JSmith or to New Jersey for GWallace and fillers, like Morrow, who was alright when he was last here.

Hmmmm, something to think about, a team weak in the backcourt and overloaded in the frontcourt, could well make for good stealing :)

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:14 pm
migya wrote:At a boy RJeff, at least your trying to help the losing :mrgreen:

Favors played real well. The Jazz might be willing to trade their much higher paid PF and C, Millsap and AJeff, for relatively cheap this offseason. Favors and Kanter look like starting material.

Wonder what Bogut and AJeff alongside each other would be like. Could work, maybe not enough mobility, but AJeff was a PF in Boston and early on in Minnesota, so it could be done. RJeff would have to play better than today to make him look good enough to be traded for AJeff. Add DWright and the Spurs 1st rounder, could be a done deal. Send Lee to Atlanta for JSmith or to New Jersey for GWallace and fillers, like Morrow, who was alright when he was last here.

Hmmmm, something to think about, a team weak in the backcourt and overloaded in the frontcourt, could well make for good stealing :)

Pet peeve.

What's with the First Initial + 1st 4 letters of last name for abbreviation players these days
RJEFF
AJEFF
CBOOZ

It kind of make sense when it's CBOSH. DROSE. DWEST ect.

But how come no one calls Steph SCURR?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:43 pm
PAWNO wrote:
migya wrote:At a boy RJeff, at least your trying to help the losing :mrgreen:

Pet peeve.

What's with the First Initial + 1st 4 letters of last name for abbreviation players these days
RJEFF
AJEFF
CBOOZ

It kind of make sense when it's CBOSH. DROSE. DWEST ect.

But how come no one calls Steph SCURR?

It's just an easier way to identify a player. Some have the same last name so by adding the first letter of their first name it identifies who you are talking about :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:31 pm
PAWNO wrote:
8th ave wrote:

AWESOME

Yeah.. I agree.

I think it's either a buyout. Or we hold on him for 2 years and use him as a expiring contract in 2014. (there's no way he is going to turn down the gaurenteed 10 million or so he has in his player option next offseason)

Eh... RJ's not a 10% shooter. He won't put up 2-for-14 very often. It's the guy's first game; I'm sure he was lost in half the plays.

Unlike San Antonio, we have no commitment to start him, so I say leave him on the bench and bring him in for tough defense and corner 3's. Having a veteran guy like RJ on the bench (alongside Robinson, Rush... even AB, if he gets it together) is playoff worthy. We have 3 guys who'd start on other teams coming off our bench. That's what winning teams do; they stockpile talent. RJ's a far superior backup 3 than Chris Wright.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:23 pm
32 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
8th ave wrote:

AWESOME

Yeah.. I agree.

Eh... RJ's not a 10% shooter. He won't put up 2-for-14 very often. It's the guy's first game; I'm sure he was lost in half the plays.

Unlike San Antonio, we have no commitment to start him, so I say leave him on the bench and bring him in for tough defense and corner 3's. Having a veteran guy like RJ on the bench (alongside Robinson, Rush... even AB, if he gets it together) is playoff worthy. We have 3 guys who'd start on other teams coming off our bench. That's what winning teams do; they stockpile talent. RJ's a far superior backup 3 than Chris Wright.

I like Richard Jefferson as a vetran guy.. But not this season (if we are commited to tank)

I could see him being that X factor guy where in the must lose games we need for a top 7 pick to come out firing off the bench & just ruin our chances for that draft pick with a 20ppg/5apg/5rpg/2bpg/2spg game
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:57 pm
PAWNO wrote:
32 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
8th ave wrote:

AWESOME

Yeah.. I agree.

I like Richard Jefferson as a vetran guy.. But not this season (if we are commited to tank)

I could see him being that X factor guy where in the must lose games we need for a top 7 pick to come out firing off the bench & just ruin our chances for that draft pick with a 20ppg/5apg/5rpg/2bpg/2spg game

Haha, touché pawn dog. I guess I meant I like him as a piece next year, so I'd like to keep him for what I believe will be a playoff season in 2013.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 am
New Orleans coming to town, might mess the tank up, we are at 4 in a row right now.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 pm
Today should've counted as 2 losses. Wizards almost snuck by Indiana but lost even though they were up 22 at half. Let's hope NO and the Kings can get a win today.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball