The Welcome ANDREW BOGUT Thread!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:26 pm
PAWNO wrote:
32 wrote:The beauty is, even if we don't land Howard this summer, we don't necessarily NEED him. We have our center now and frankly I'd prefer holding the combined value of Lee-Bogut rather than pulling a NY and mortgaging a good TEAM for one player. If Howard happens, great. If not, great as well!

Oh and btw, Allen Iverson ain't **** and comparing Monta to him is pretty spot on. Can't win an NBA title with an undersized scoring guard; not even with DPoY Mutumbo and a whose-who of great role playing, winning defenders including Raja Bell, George Lynch, and Eric Snow. AI ain't ****; he gets way too much credit for going to the finals and LOSING.

Haha, but back to topic, my ideal lineup next season:

PG - Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG - Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF - Richard Jefferson / Dorrell Wright / Perry Jones III
PF - David Lee / Dominic McGuire
C - Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

With the addition of Bogut and Jefferson, I propose we resign Rush and McGuire, send Tyler to the DLeague, use San Antonio's late pick on PJ3, (hopefully use the MLE on a backup big), and let everyone else walk. While McGuire is a solid piece on the defensive end, his position has a fair amount of depth on the books next year and with the addition of Bogut to anchor the defensive end, we may see the front office let him walk (like Barnes or Pieteus).

I kind of agree with your direction you want our rotation to head...

BUT... Nate Robinson will be resigned in my opinion. Unless some other team wants to overpay for the 5 foot court jester then I can see Mark Jackson rewarding him with a extension basically due to he is a energy guy & the Oracle crowd is becoming fond of him.
Lack of cap space, Brandon Rush and the fact that the FO is likely looking for another move before the draft, may make signing Nate impossible.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:47 pm
32 wrote:The beauty is, even if we don't land Howard this summer, we don't necessarily NEED him. We have our center now and frankly I'd prefer holding the combined value of Lee-Bogut rather than pulling a NY and mortgaging a good TEAM for one player. If Howard happens, great. If not, great as well!

Oh and btw, Allen Iverson ain't **** and comparing Monta to him is pretty spot on. Can't win an NBA title with an undersized scoring guard; not even with DPoY Mutumbo and a whose-who of great role playing, winning defenders including Raja Bell, George Lynch, and Eric Snow. AI ain't ****; he gets way too much credit for going to the finals and LOSING.

Haha, but back to topic, my ideal lineup next season:

PG - Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG - Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF - Richard Jefferson / Dorrell Wright / Perry Jones III
PF - David Lee / Dominic McGuire
C - Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

With the addition of Bogut and Jefferson, I propose we resign Rush and McGuire, send Tyler to the DLeague, use San Antonio's late pick on PJ3, (hopefully use the MLE on a backup big), and let everyone else walk. While McGuire is a solid piece on the defensive end, his position has a fair amount of depth on the books next year and with the addition of Bogut to anchor the defensive end, we may see the front office let him walk (like Barnes or Pieteus).

AI went to the finals and lead his team to multiple playoffs. Monta... well he hasn't done not one thing beside leading his team in scoring.
Last edited by 8th ave on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:53 pm
Extensive interview with Bogut :

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/trade_ ... _2012.html

All Star
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 pm
Iverson aint what ? You should do some research and look at his legacy on the league before you just throw statements like that.

As far as Bogut hope they rest this dude, and be proactive in his rehabilitation, cater to whatever injury he has, or watch Beans next season.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:58 pm
Monta got us Bogut, His value did it, and still, I member the argument comparing Monta to Nick Young, you know what the wizards got for him Brain Cook, and a 2nd rounder.

Am glad we got Bogut, if heathy we should compete and be more balance.

I love Bogut's accent he could almost be in the James Bond's flick.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Iverson aint what ? You should do some research and look at his legacy on the league before you just throw statements like that.

As far as Bogut hope they rest this dude, and be proactive in his rehabilitation, cater to whatever injury he has, or watch Beans next season.

Iverson will go down as one of the ten best guards ever and up until about five years ago, his individual career was better than Kobe's. Switch Iverson and Kobe from Lakers and Sixers and Lakers still win three in a row and Sixers never win as much as they did. Role players like Snow, McKie and Lynch were nothing outside of playing on that Philly team next to Iverson. The highligh of their lives was that trip to the finals and playing alongside Iverson. Iverson took arguably the least talented team to ever make a finals that far

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:12 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Iverson aint what ? You should do some research and look at his legacy on the league before you just throw statements like that.

LMAO "his legacy"

The only legacy Allen Iverson has is the inate ability to garner fans on his jock for minor athletic accomplishments that add up to a hill of beans. He was a ball-hogging scoring champ. Ooooooh, so was McGrady who got laughed off the panel at Sportscenter for suggesting he had Hall-of-Fame credentials. Wow. What else did AI do? Oh yeah, he piggy-backed the DPoY/rebounding title Mutumbo had and landed in the finals during the nuclear winter that was the Eastern Conference in the post-Jordan era, where 4 different teams in 4 consecutive years won the Eastern Conference Finals! Indiana, Jersey, NY, AND Philly all went in consecutive years! Yet Reggie Miller has nothing of the fanboys swinging from his jock that AI does... Btw, he LOST! But he STILL has millions acting like he won it.

You won't change my mind on AI, and from the sound of it I won't be changing yours anytime soon. I guess it just depends on what level of accomplishment an NBA player must attain to impress you. AI obviously impressed the hell outta you. But a ball-hogging PG sucking up every possession to shoot and ending up with 30 points? Doesn't impress me. AI is McGrady status at worst and AT BEST, Bernard King status.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Monta got us Bogut, His value did it, and still, I member the argument comparing Monta to Nick Young, you know what the wizards got for him Brain Cook, and a 2nd rounder.

Am glad we got Bogut, if heathy we should compete and be more balance.

I love Bogut's accent he could almost be in the James Bond's flick.

Ehh, all that proves is the Warriors have a better GM than Washington. Let's see how Young integrates with the Clippers (who need a scorer) before we write him off.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:24 pm
Wtf? Ain't nobody here running aroun finding Iverson's dick to suck. No one is saying he was Michael Jordan or won an NBA final or anything like that but suggesting that him and Ellis is on the same level is stupid. Iverson won, Ellis didn't, say something about that.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 pm
8th ave wrote:Wtf? Ain't nobody here running aroun finding Iverson's dick to suck. No one is saying he was Michael Jordan or won an NBA final or anything like that but suggesting that him and Ellis is on the same level is stupid. Iverson won, Ellis didn't, say something about that.

Oh I wasn't saying they were on the same level, I was saying they're the same type of player and you can't win with that kinda player. An undersized scoring guard is always gonna go out early.

That being said... How do you figure Iverson won? What did he ever win?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:45 pm
8th ave wrote:Wtf? Ain't nobody here running aroun finding Iverson's dick to suck. No one is saying he was Michael Jordan or won an NBA final or anything like that but suggesting that him and Ellis is on the same level is stupid. Iverson won, Ellis didn't, say something about that.

Iverson getting an MVP when he had compeition like Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett etc., shows he is of the highest level of player. Monta hasn't and will never get anywhere near that, easy to see.

Why is this even a topic for discussion though? Like comparing a $20,000 Ford to a $150,000 Ferrari :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:49 pm
OK, miggy. I give you that. The dude won an MVP.

Still, if you had to assemble a winner, would you wanna build your team around a shoot-first PG? A career 26.7 PPG... but by way of 42.5% from the field? That's a volume shooter. 27 points on 42% means he was taking over 20 shots a game! From the point guard position??

Come on, miggy. We've had our differences in the past, but you and I practically built this forum (with the help of TMC) and I know you're a smart enough guy to understand that a point guard is a pass-first position... And when your ball-handler takes 21.8 shots per game (his career #), you're not gonna win. And he didn't win; he LOST. Habitually, save for a fluke year to the Finals (where they lost 4-1).

The bottom line is that the Warriors see it my way; which is why they acquired your countryman. In the NBA, a 6'-ish scorer can't win... But a 7-footer whose a biscuit or two away from 270? That's what you build around. After 7 years, the Monta Ellis project (which was the same formula Philly tried to use with Iverson) is over.

I, for one, am stoked.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:11 pm
32 wrote:

LMAO "his legacy"

The only legacy Allen Iverson has is the inate ability to garner fans on his jock for minor athletic accomplishments that add up to a hill of beans. He was a ball-hogging scoring champ. Ooooooh, so was McGrady who got laughed off the panel at Sportscenter for suggesting he had Hall-of-Fame credentials. Wow. What else did AI do? Oh yeah, he piggy-backed the DPoY/rebounding title Mutumbo had and landed in the finals during the nuclear winter that was the Eastern Conference in the post-Jordan era, where 4 different teams in 4 consecutive years won the Eastern Conference Finals! Indiana, Jersey, NY, AND Philly all went in consecutive years! Yet Reggie Miller has nothing of the fanboys swinging from his jock that AI does... Btw, he LOST! But he STILL has millions acting like he won it.

You won't change my mind on AI, and from the sound of it I won't be changing yours anytime soon. I guess it just depends on what level of accomplishment an NBA player must attain to impress you. AI obviously impressed the hell outta you. But a ball-hogging PG sucking up every possession to shoot and ending up with 30 points? Doesn't impress me. AI is McGrady status at worst and AT BEST, Bernard King status.

I don't even know where to begin with this, the point is not even to argue his legacy A.I goes down as one of the greats, whether you agree or not that is an established established FACT. As an ineffecient, ball hogger, etc, etc as he was, he led his teams to wins, while not a championship he was a winner, he played at a high level for majority of his career, the accolades prove it, NBA is the highest level of basketball, regular folks don't carry their teams the way A.I., I think you are confusing A.I and Marbury.

Reggie gets his props too, obviously, while there can be certain arguments about the greats, they are categorized on that level for a reason, and certain arguments and flaws about them still don't shake the fact they are greats.

Often injured T-MAc, if T-Mac was fully healthy he would be categorized in the "GREAT" level as well, that is fact.

32, I pick up the fact you have high standards, meaning the only folks that impress you might be Jordan, Kobe, Shaq.
While the likes of Stockton and Malone, who ever else have not won a championship are frowned upon.

Edited: From the last couple of decades the most influential bball player other than Jordan, Iverson, thats just another fact.
Last edited by warriorsstepup on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:14 pm
migya wrote:

Iverson will go down as one of the ten best guards ever and up until about five years ago, his individual career was better than Kobe's. Switch Iverson and Kobe from Lakers and Sixers and Lakers still win three in a row and Sixers never win as much as they did. Role players like Snow, McKie and Lynch were nothing outside of playing on that Philly team next to Iverson. The highligh of their lives was that trip to the finals and playing alongside Iverson. Iverson took arguably the least talented team to ever make a finals that far

That's the general perception. Not the arguement between him orkobe being better, that's another subject on its on, but everything else.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:21 pm
32 wrote:OK, miggy. I give you that. The dude won an MVP.

Still, if you had to assemble a winner, would you wanna build your team around a shoot-first PG? A career 26.7 PPG... but by way of 42.5% from the field? That's a volume shooter. 27 points on 42% means he was taking over 20 shots a game! From the point guard position??

Come on, miggy. We've had our differences in the past, but you and I practically built this forum (with the help of TMC) and I know you're a smart enough guy to understand that a point guard is a pass-first position... And when your ball-handler takes 21.8 shots per game (his career #), you're not gonna win. And he didn't win; he LOST. Habitually, save for a fluke year to the Finals (where they lost 4-1).

The bottom line is that the Warriors see it my way; which is why they acquired your countryman. In the NBA, a 6'-ish scorer can't win... But a 7-footer whose a biscuit or two away from 270? That's what you build around. After 7 years, the Monta Ellis project (which was the same formula Philly tried to use with Iverson) is over.

I, for one, am stoked.

I think majority are not complaining about the trade, me included. Bogut is a good addition, but guess who brought him here, that 6 ish scorer, those are just facts.

Now the question is moving forward is hope that this team is able to avoid pain inflicted occurrences that have plagued them the last x amount of years. Majority of this leans towards the health of Curry, and of course Bogut, 2 of the main pieces of the team.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball