Bucher just tweeted R. Jefferson for Stack Jack discussed

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:46 pm
I think the one thing the Warriors have realized is that until they start having consistent success, having cap space is nearly meaningless. Star players don't want to come here and good players you have to grossly overpay to sign. I think they learned that after striking out with Chandler and Jordan.

Now, the plan is to not care about cap space for the next two years, acquire as much talent as possible, and make this a playoff roster. Two years from now, when Biedrins and Jefferson come off the books, hopefully they have had enough success and the Cohan stench has worn off enough to where they can attract a important piece to come here via free agency.

If (and it's a big if) Bogut and Curry can stay healthy enough to each give us 60+ games next year, this should be a playoff team.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 pm
Exactly... if health isn't a concern next year, the warriors will make the playoffs next year. Lee is a solid compliment to a healthy Bogut. But I do not see a healthy team heading into the playoffs. Especially if we do not pick up a top draft pick.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Is it just me or does it seem like Richard Jefferson went into witness protection after those title runs with Jason Kidd and the Nets? Don't know what to think of this trade...not a fan of the extra year on his contract but I guess it gives the team more depth.

Yea, his best years were his first few in New Jersey. He doesn't do much and is grossly overpaid. Thing with him is he has two years left on his contract, SJack only had one and was a rather huge expirer this offseason to be used to get something good

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I think this is a great move. Get rid of the cancer of Jackson, and get a vet with experience who can help mold our young players. He isn't what he used to be, but he does add depth and experience we didn't have. Put it this way Jefferson >> Jackson.

Also, didn't Jefferson and Bogut play togther a couple years ago in Milwuakee? It might help the team chemistry.

so now in the draft we have:
1st rounder from SAS
2nd rounder from Nets
2nd rounder form ATL

and maybe we will get lucky and keep our first rounder.

we have under contract for next year 7 players:
Curry
Klay
Wright / Jefferson
Lee
Bogut / Beans

And 6 Free Agents:
Robinson / Jenkins
Rush
Wright
McGuire
Tyler

So, 13 players... 3 or 4 picks.... someone isn't coming back.

Thing is that sJack could have been traded for better. I'd have traded him in the offseason, coupling him with DWright, another expirer, giving over 14 million in salary dump and getting a very good player or two back. Shut SJack down for the last six weeks of the season and then use him well.

That 1st rounder from the Spurs is so late in the 1st round that it won't get much, so not of any real significance

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Exactly... if health isn't a concern next year, the warriors will make the playoffs next year. Lee is a solid compliment to a healthy Bogut. But I do not see a healthy team heading into the playoffs. Especially if we do not pick up a top draft pick.

I think this roster is definately playoof caliber, but as always it is how it all meshes and can always go either way. One good backup big and injuries won't hurt the team so much next season.

Definately a much better looking roster right now

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 am
AB, Jefferson, D. Wright are goners this summer. We will trade for a higher pick( than 27). We are rebuilding almost from scratch like Portland. The difference is they have one keeper in Aldridge we have 4 Bogut, Lee, Klay, Curry. Can you imagine this team in 2 years if the FO do a good job in the draft like last year?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:10 pm
Good pick up, knew Capt Jack was not going to come back to the bay. I could've only imagine his facial expression.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 pm
Be very difficult to move in this very talented draft and not sure the expiring DWright alone with the Spurs pick would get us into the lottery, so certainly not coupling him with RJeff or AB will get it done.

The team will likely have to ignore this draft and be happy with what we got recently. Looking to trade and signing good free agents is what the team could do

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball