Time for a new coach.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:11 am
It is time to get a real coach and send this clown to his home. It is so unfair to this team after all we have been throw to have a coach play 3 sg and 2 sf destroying every possibility to develop 2 young talents in Tyler and C.Wright. That is insulting to the youngsters, the fans and to himself. There are things that a coach can do wrong that are debatable or excused but what is happening right now is unforgivable and unforgettable. How can we past the message to FO that Nellie ball is something we Warriors fans NEVER want to see again? This system failed to succeed with 3 hall of famers in it. HAVE PETTY ON OUR POOR SOULS. RESPECT THE TEAMS ASSETS BECAUSE EVERY PLAYER IN THIS TEAM IS ONE. DO YOUR JOB AND GO EXPERIMENT IN SOME HAMSTER IN A LAB. IF YOU CAN"T DO IT SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:25 am
Nelsonesque wasn't it.

Go for D'Antoni in the offseason now that he's out of a job. His style is not quite the defensive type that the new ownership wanted, but maybe he can adapt enough. He has credibility with Phoenix.

Has to be a coach with proven ability to win though, not another rookie that might work well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:36 am
The off season is too far away. The games pass by and don't come back. This is something that we as fans demand to be explained. The year is lost so why they don't play Tyler and Wright? Do they believe that they can make it to the playoffs with 3SG and 2SF playing? No player wants to play for us not because we are losing but because we have a history of NOT BEING SERIOUS. NOBODY can understand for years what the hell we are doing. I thought we let all of this behind. I THOUGHT.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:58 am
I'd hardly think that 40 games is ample time to conclude it's "time for a new coach." He's still learning on the job.
Pros -- Has brought a Defensive mindset, can relate to the players, is a natural leader, etc.
Cons -- Some of the rotations

At the same time, would Klay Thompson ever get this much playing time or this much faith put into him under Don Nelson or Keith Smart? Doubt it. They woulda held onto Monta for his "excitement."

I think the coach has done a decent job.....not great, but decent. It's just nice to bring a new mindset for the team for once.
Also it's a player's league. The coach's role is overstated and overrated. Just ask Dock Rivers and that guy coaching the Heat.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:08 am
rockyBeli wrote:I'd hardly think that 40 games is ample time to conclude it's "time for a new coach." He's still learning on the job.
Pros -- Has brought a Defensive mindset, can relate to the players, is a natural leader, etc.
Cons -- Some of the rotations

At the same time, would Klay Thompson ever get this much playing time or this much faith put into him under Don Nelson or Keith Smart? Doubt it. They woulda held onto Monta for his "excitement."

I think the coach has done a decent job.....not great, but decent. It's just nice to bring a new mindset for the team for once.
Also it's a player's league. The coach's role is overstated and overrated. Just ask Dock Rivers and that guy coaching the Heat.

Well said. He should get a chance with Bogut and the new lineup for a while, like maybe all of next season.

He has played Klay alot recently and really there was much other option, but he hasn't played Tyler like he should and doesn't look like he will, where there are a shortage of bigs right now.

Mark Jackson is hard to evaluate, but he certainly hasn't been great and may not be a good fit as the coach for this team

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:20 am
Ya I agree just gonna have to wait and see what he can do with a solid lineup next season and a roster that will finally have a size advantage instead of the opposite. The small ball lineups are annoying and flashbacks of Nelly ball, but more symptomatic of Biedrin's slump and Tyler's inexperience. Depending how the season goes, I think Tyler will get more minutes if playoffs are out of reach. But it's nice to see the coach reward guys like McGuire and Udoh for their defense, that's something we woulda never seen from Nellyball.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 am
I'm of a belief that Smart would use more players like Klay, McGuire, Rush, etc., than Jackson does. He was playing a lot of Law, Radmanovic, Amundson...Jackson has a lot better bench, and yet, he still is not using it enough. Last night he pretty much played with 7 players.

And I think that Smart (whose fan I'm not either) would at least use them properly. I have a doubt that Jackson would try to play Radmanovic at center.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:47 pm
I understand the desire to evaluate younger guys for the future and the need to get them experience, but Jackson is try to win games, it's still too early for anyone to give up on this seasons - I know fans typically feel differently about that, but the fact remains that only 5.5 games separate us from 4th in the West with 26 games left. I don't think we'll grab a spot, but our team appears to believe and until that 8th spot is out of reach, Jackson and the players are going to do anything to keep that hope alive.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:08 pm
I'm impressed with Mark Jackson.. Would hate to get rid of him.

I think the strides he will be hitting in year 3 will be phenomenal.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 pm
Do you all want to tell me that playing with 3 SG and 2SF is the best way to win? Do you want to tell me that if in the next game Jackson turns to Tyler and say "ok you are in" and gets a "**** you" in response that will be ONLY Tyler's fault?? The kid is a rookie so what?? What does that mean, that he wont play no matter what?? I want to know because this is gone beyond any explanation. But ok lets try to explain the unexplainable.
1. He doesn't play him because somebody wrote an article that the kid will play and he wants to prove he knows better
2. He is so fool that he doesn't comprehend the use of a center and the importance of REBOUNDS and defence in the paint, both things needing a CENTER
3. He just don't like the kid
4. The kid banged his wife and he hates him

Seriously Tyler not playing in THIS team THIS year? Klay played like a starter from day one? I am out of words.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm
Well Udoh was getting heavy minutes at C with Beans backing him up so there weren't a lot of minutes to go to Tyler. With Udoh gone, I'd expect Tyler to get more minutes.
You know who probably had a big grin after Monta got traded? Andris Biedrins. The guy hasn't been the same since the Baron trade (Biedrins best years were with Baron) or since Cohan handed Monta the keys to. Maybe this trade will be a good thing for Biedrins. I'd like to see more of Tyler too but it's not like no rooks are getting any play (KT 26 pts last night) and it's not like J. Tyler will ever take a starting spot over Lee or Bogut. If that's the only gripe towards Coach Jackson, I think it's weak. Give him a solid roster with tall enough players and we'll see what he can do with it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:46 pm
TRON wrote:Do you all want to tell me that playing with 3 SG and 2SF is the best way to win? Do you want to tell me that if in the next game Jackson turns to Tyler and say "ok you are in" and gets a "**** you" in response that will be ONLY Tyler's fault?? The kid is a rookie so what?? What does that mean, that he wont play no matter what?? I want to know because this is gone beyond any explanation. But ok lets try to explain the unexplainable.
1. He doesn't play him because somebody wrote an article that the kid will play and he wants to prove he knows better
2. He is so fool that he doesn't comprehend the use of a center and the importance of REBOUNDS and defence in the paint, both things needing a CENTER
3. He just don't like the kid
4. The kid banged his wife and he hates him

Seriously Tyler not playing in THIS team THIS year? Klay played like a starter from day one? I am out of words.

You're grossly over-reacting. Chill out. We're not going anywhere this year.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:05 pm
I think he is doing ok. Reason he played that small was because it gave him the best chance to win. The team needs to learn to win and how to play defense. The only big on the court at the time was kevin garnet, and he isn't a dominating big man... as in physical. So matching up against him with a small was ok, if you are in need of points. If you are trying to get a stop, then they go big... it is all about matchups and what you need at the time. I feel confident enough that all his years in the NBA have tought him how to play. So going small or going big at any paticular time doesn't concern me as much as his ability to "TEACH" players. The most important thing a coach can do is teach his players how to play the right way. All the plays, substitions and decisions in the game are second to that.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:49 pm
get jerry slone or phil jackson, them two are proved to be hof coaches. D'Antoni is a bad coach, he yells at his players in the locker room. and he has 0 ring.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 pm
JREED wrote:I understand the desire to evaluate younger guys for the future and the need to get them experience, but Jackson is try to win games, it's still too early for anyone to give up on this seasons - I know fans typically feel differently about that, but the fact remains that only 5.5 games separate us from 4th in the West with 26 games left. I don't think we'll grab a spot, but our team appears to believe and until that 8th spot is out of reach, Jackson and the players are going to do anything to keep that hope alive.

Maybe trying to go for the playoffs is still the best thing, as keeping the lottery pick will be real hard. Aiming for wins all the time is the way to go, especially with major players injured and young guys looking to prove them selves and needing court time to do it.

Could be a real entertaining last six weeks

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball