The Welcome ANDREW BOGUT Thread!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:33 pm
FUK! just wrote a long ass post and lost it somehow.

My long post in a nutshell :

Jerry West said we gotta take risks. This is a good risk. We have a GOOD center.

I like the addition Jax too. He does iso a lot, doesn't get back on D, and is turnover prone, but hopefully the staff can do something about that. He does however plays defense and rebounds so that is very welcomed.

End of the day, we turned barely 6 feet Ellis into 6'8 SF and a 6'10' undersized center/pf into a bonafide and proven 7' center.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:35 pm
I also have lost the luster for Stack Jack... But can any of us claim we don't know how good he can be when he's hot? Captain Jack may be a nutcase, but on talent alone, he's now one of our top 5 players.

Does anyone at all look forward to seeing Jackson back?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:15 pm
32 wrote:

People looking forward to SJAX being back are people who as kids who burned ants to death with a magnifying glass or perhaps even put their cat in the clothes dryer.

You've got to be not all OK upstairs to enjoy someone like SJAX coming back.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:27 pm
PAWNO wrote:
32 wrote:

People looking forward to SJAX being back are people who as kids who burned ants to death with a magnifying glass or perhaps even put their cat in the clothes dryer.

Hehe point taken, Pawno... But I'm just saying. Jackson, when he's new and happy and quiet can give you 17, 5, and 4. I wouldn't mind that at SF, seeing as DWright can't seem to consistently bring it as a starter this year.

8th ave wrote:FUK! just wrote a long ass post and lost it somehow.

Jerry West said we gotta take risks. This is a good risk. We have a GOOD center.

I like the addition Jax too. He does iso a lot, doesn't get back on D, and is turnover prone, but hopefully the staff can do something about that. He does however plays defense and rebounds so that is very welcomed.

End of the day, we turned barely 6 feet Ellis into 6'8 SF and a 6'10' undersized center/pf into a bonafide and proven 7' center.

:D Excellent post, 8th Ave!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:55 pm
32 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
32 wrote:

Hehe point taken, Pawno... But I'm just saying. Jackson, when he's new and happy and quiet can give you 17, 5, and 4. I wouldn't mind that at SF, seeing as DWright can't seem to consistently bring it as a starter this year.

Thanks, 32.

Seriously though, people who are upset with this trade pays no attention to Ellis' fg%, player efficiency rating, +/- stat, or the losing column. Think about it guys, the less we change, the more we're going to be the same. This was a much needed change. Oh, and did anyone mention that Bogut was in the running for DPOY 2 or 3 seasons ago? I can't wait for next year to begin and to see Thompson, Jenkins, and Tyler in extended minutes.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
32 wrote:

Thanks, 32.

Seriously though, people who are upset with this trade pays no attention to Ellis' fg%, player efficiency rating, +/- stat, or the losing column. Think about it guys, the less we change, the more we're going to be the same. This was a much needed change. Oh, and did anyone mention that Bogut was in the running for DPOY 2 or 3 seasons ago? I can't wait for next year to begin and to see Thompson, Jenkins, and Tyler in extended minutes.

:dontknow: I think it's mostly people who didn't play, but like to watch.

If you've played, you understand how easy it is win with 2 above-average big men. Size doesn't slump.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:14 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
32 wrote:

Thanks, 32.

:dontknow: I think it's mostly people who didn't play, but like to watch.

If you've played, you understand how easy it is win with 2 above-average big men. Size doesn't slump.

It slumps when it is on the bench with ankle injuries. That is exactly why the Bucks opted to get rid of him. It didn't help them to get to the playoffs last year. If he can't stay healthy, then this trade was horrible. If he can get healthy, then it is good trade. We knew they needed a C one way or another, they just probably felt like one was not available in FA... I don't blame them. Like some have you said, it is a risk. Risk/reward is high, just will take time to see where the chips fall.

And it is not a given that we will tank... M. Jack is not going to tank the team. The players will not give up. So, don't count on having a draft pick. I think it is more likely we will not have it.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:44 pm
Didn't think a FA was available? I dunno man. This isn't Chris Kaman, Tyson Chandler, or DeAndre Jordan we're talking about here: it is officially the best defensive C in the Western Conference. They turned one of their weaknesses (the center position) into one of their strengths! This was an opportunity that called for action, rather than the waiting game of FA meh-level centers this summer! Andrew Bogut addresses a huge need; it's not like they pulled the trigger prematurely on a whim; this trade solves Golden State's most glaring issues all in one swoop. You name it: defensive rebounding, stopping up the paint on D, a low-post presence on offense. It's all here, man.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:15 pm
I said before i will say it again. Monta is an Iverson kind of player. He fills the statistic sheets but fails to win why? Number say half the truth. There are things that cannot be expressed easily with numbers. Counting points, rebounds is easy, eaven that famous +/- number is easy. What is difficult is to explain the impact a player has to his team.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 pm
TRON wrote:I said before i will say it again. Monta is an Iverson kind of player. He fills the statistic sheets but fails to win why? Number say half the truth. There are things that cannot be expressed easily with numbers. Counting points, rebounds is easy, eaven that famous +/- number is easy. What is difficult is to explain the impact a player has to his team.

I don't think he deserves that much credit. A.I. took his team to the finals BY HIMSELF.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 pm
Quick question, would you do a swap of SJax for H Turk if we also get back a 1st round draft pick?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:58 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Quick question, would you do a swap of SJax for H Turk if we also get back a 1st round draft pick?

I'd let Jax and Biedrins go at the end of next year, extend curry, and try to find a good sf something in the mold of luol deng.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:00 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Quick question, would you do a swap of SJax for H Turk if we also get back a 1st round draft pick?

No.

Orlando's pick is gonna be a lousy one anyway and Turkoglu has a worse contract than Jackson (with less talent too).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:32 pm

If that 1st rounder is not this draft, but next one's, could be a good trade as that 1st rounder could be a lottery one, depending what happens in Orlando, like Dwight leaving for nothing. Turkoglu is still a productive player, though quite inconsistent, but maybe his playmaking and outside shooting would fit in well with Curry, Lee and Bogut next season

Also, I think it's too late to tank and get that 7th lower ranking. The team would have to lose about 70% of its games at least, if not more, and the team currently 7th worst go at least 50% from here on out, just not going to happen. Wish it did, as I'd like to keep this lottery pick, but best thing is to play the youngsters and get good team play happening like we've had the last two games

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 pm
I agree, it really doesn't seem likely that we can get that pick. Wold rather see the tea to start building some chemistry.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball