The Welcome ANDREW BOGUT Thread!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:18 pm
So, what you guys think about this. My opinion is that, trade is not awfull, but its bad. Okey, Ellis now is away and same time SJax (yeah!!!) is back. More team game with SJax is good for GS. Bogut ???! He have low duriabilty, so I think is so so choice from Warriors. But SJax is back, he can lift this franchise. :) And one more - its time for Biedrins, because link Biedrins - SJax was simply outstanding WE BELIEVE times .... :)

All in all, its better for team. ;) SJax have big charisma, and that can helps make those youngsters more better. Look at team game tonight against the Kings. Biggest W's rival team. :)

And Biedrins have playing time, offcourse dont get rebounds, but team outrebound Kings by 2. Team who are one of the top rebounding team NBA.
freak_y
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:32 am
I'm totally on board with this trade. The Warriors weren't going to the playoffs this year... So why is everyone upset about acquiring a center who won't play the rest of the season?

If anything, the trade allows us to save face while shutting down Curry for the year (so he and Bogut can be 100% right from the start next year), it gives you an excuse to take a long, extended look at players like Klay Thompson, Charles Jenkins, Jeremy Tyler, AND it almost certainly guarantees an end-of-season tank to retain our top 7 protected pick. This is an insurance move; we deal (from a position of plenty) to acquire something we've needed for 30 years: a legit, 7-foot starting NBA center.

This is not Chris Kaman, people.

It's Andrew f*cking Bogut! :headbang:

The man is a former all-star. He has led the NBA in blocks per game. He is a guy you can literally run the offense through cause he's such a phenomenal passer for his size and he's SMART. He's the picture of consistency. Unless its an off-day, Bogie's leaving the building with about 15 and 12, 4 dimes, 2 blocks, and a steal. He is as close to great as you can be without ever truly touching it; the absolute definition of "above average"... And after an eternity of being the little guy on the playground, can any of you really hate on me for being stoked that our big, intimidating brother just showed up??

Bogut is MEAN, he HUSTLES and THROWS HIS WEIGHT around. And its not 6'3", 180 lbs soaking wet like Ellis. No, it's 7 stacks of steak high, 2-hundo-65 bones of big, bad, bruising Aussie.

Sure, I get that the man is coming off a reeeeeal short season (and that he had a 30-gamer a few years back), but besides that? What's all the flap about him being an injury-prone player? Dude showed up to 82, 66, 78, 69, and 65. That's somewhere between 75-85% of all the season's games. Whaaat, exactly, is the deal here dudes? You're not willing to give up 15 games a year to get a top 5-10 NBA center?

And, I'm sorry, I know it's still fresh, and it's still tender, and we're still mourning him, but seriously:

For punk ass Monta Ellis????

For Monta mid-to-low-40%, 8 40-point games of which we've won 3, I hurt my ankle tripping... No, thats a lie, i was working out... No, thats a lie, i was playing pickup ball... No, thats a lie, i was on a moped Ellis.

Is he unstoppable when he's hot? Sure.
Can he score in virtually every way? No doubt.
Is he an excellent player, underrated, who I will continue to support? OF COURSE.

But it's just business as usual, my friends.

This is a starting center and a starting combo guard. We can haggle over baggage and mourn the loss of Udoh and share our fond memories of Ellis together, brothers and sisters.

But once the hometown overratedness wears off and the Warrior Faithful get a glimpse of Golden State's smart, defensive-minded, unselfish, LEGIT TEAM... This addition will be seen as a major step forward in the rebuilding process.

+1 to management from 32

I'd rate this trade, out of the gate, a solid B. It won't pay off this season, but this is an EXCELLENT move for the future.

And just imagine if we somehow tank a top 7 pick into next year's roster!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 am
The success of this trade will be decided next year by 2 ankles. Any idea for which big we can trade for?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:11 am
So isn't the best idea to shut them down, retain our lottery pick, and start next year with a 100% healthy Curry and a 100% healthy Bogut.

Andrew Bogut isn't THAT injury prone for a legit 265 guy at 7-feet. The bigger guys who bang around with wrecklessly abandon deserve 10-15 games off a year. Would you rather have 70 games of Bogut or 80 games of Ellis? What's the bigger need?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 am
Agreed. All i say is that next year we will now if this trade is good or bad. If Bogut misses 60 games next year and Curry misses 50 games you can imagine that this will go down as one of the worst trades ever. If he stays healthy one of the best. Anyway there was no other way to get a center of this caliber. I was the one that earlier in 2011 wrote that maybe we should look for Oden. But look how that would turn out.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:39 am
Some of the reactions I'm seeing on other GSW forums is a bit mind-blowing :shock: I didn't realize the amount of Monta-homerism in Warriorland.

Let's see, we got

the best player in the trade
an all-nba C in his prime

some1 please tell me that Curry / Klay / D Wright / D Lee / Bogut is not a better, more balanced, more defensive, more winning lineup?

I was thinking we would be LUCKY to get Al Jefferson or Kaman. But Andrew Bogut, a top 5 Center? This trade is great!! Sure, somewhat of a gamble on his ankle but believe me it's WELL WORTH THE "RISK" to bring a player of that caliber to GSW, and to a C position that hasn't had a good player since black & white tv probably haha.

Welcome Bogut!

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:52 am
Skip Bayless pondered a interesting thought today on twitter.

What's everyone think about TODAY if the warriors parlayed Andrew Bogut/David Lee into Dwight Howard (A rental of course)

If Dwight goes on to sign elsewhere we now have caproom.

I think Bogut/Lee would have to have a Steph Jackson/Biedrins thrown in and we take back a Hedo or someone else contract.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:12 am
And that would leave us with 1 BIg to play center, PF, backup center, backup PF. And if i was god i would have Howard injured and laugh my Holy Spirit out.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:46 am
Biedrins is gonna go off now.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:23 am
PAWNO wrote:Skip Bayless pondered a interesting thought today on twitter.

What's everyone think about TODAY if the warriors parlayed Andrew Bogut/David Lee into Dwight Howard (A rental of course)

I think Bogut/Lee would have to have a Steph Jackson/Biedrins thrown in and we take back a Hedo or someone else contract.

The rule is you cannot trade a newly acquired player (from trade) in a packaged deal. Meaning, if we were to trade Jackson (or Bogut), it would have to be solely them and nothing else.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:35 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Skip Bayless pondered a interesting thought today on twitter.

The rule is you cannot trade a newly acquired player (from trade) in a packaged deal. Meaning, if we were to trade Jackson (or Bogut), it would have to be solely them and nothing else.

That's why I'd like to see Stephen Jackson for J.J. Redick trade. At least, then we would have one more shooter, a player which fans don't hate, and a willing player. Though, then Rush and Thompson would need to play a little bit on SF position as well. If not Redick, then let's bring back J-Rich. :)

Though, I haven't checked the salaries.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 am
It will be interesting to see if Jackson sticks around past tomorrow, hopefully they can turn him into something else.

Only reason I am down on this trade at all is that we're losing Udoh. Bogut/Lee/Udoh would have been a great frontcourt combo. That being said, this is the first time we've had a legit center since....ummmm the 70's??? If Bogut can stay healthy the next couple years this trade will work out well. They gave up a lot though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 am
See, I just don't think we gave up alot. Monta hasn't made the team much of a winner and Udoh just won't get better, he has reached his ceiling likely. Bogut fills a major need in a pretty good way, right there that's improvement.

I do hope they get rid of SJack real quick, like within the hour, because that headcase is trouble, always has been. I'd like to get JSmith so much, but the Hawks wouldn't take SJack for him, neither DWright or AB, so not happening there. Maybe JRich is gettable and that'd be great, nice to have him back and he is a shooter that would fit well.

AB just has to go as making what he makes as a backup makes no sense

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 am
rockyBeli wrote:Some of the reactions I'm seeing on other GSW forums is a bit mind-blowing :shock: I didn't realize the amount of Monta-homerism in Warriorland.

Let's see, we got

the best player in the trade
an all-nba C in his prime

some1 please tell me that Curry / Klay / D Wright / D Lee / Bogut is not a better, more balanced, more defensive, more winning lineup?

I was thinking we would be LUCKY to get Al Jefferson or Kaman. But Andrew Bogut, a top 5 Center? This trade is great!! Sure, somewhat of a gamble on his ankle but believe me it's WELL WORTH THE "RISK" to bring a player of that caliber to GSW, and to a C position that hasn't had a good player since black & white tv probably haha.

Welcome Bogut!

There's the right attitude! Bogut alone is a prize in and of himself. I'd prefer to keep him and Lee together, rather than parlay it into DHoward. THAT'S how stoked on Bogut I am.

Remember this little gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0JXndjw ... ata_player
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:43 am
At first I was really upset! Mainly because we had been playing so well lately. I love the addition of Bogut, he is awesome. But I am concerned that he is going to have glass ankles like curry. After a big guy like that breaks his ankle or foot, you know it is going to be problems from then on out because of all that weight they carry around. Also, Ellis has been getting better and better, and Udoh too. I was hoping they didn't do anything and added in FA this offseason. I was rooting for them to pull out an upset and get to the playoffs this season too.

Well it is all said and done, when I heard that Monta may have requested to be traded, and realized that this may work out next year, I think it is a good trade. Don't count on getting our draft pick though, as we probably won't be a bottom 7 team. You still have teams like:
1) NO
2) Washington
3) Charolette
4) Sac
5) NJ
6) Toronto
7) Detriot

that are worse then us... and Clevland and Portland could also have bad times ahead.
We also loose our cap room in this deal.... so don't count on FA.

So, with that said we hopefully will bring back some of our bench and look like this:

Curry/Nate
Klay/Jenkins
Wright/Rush
Lee/McGuire
Bogut/Beans/Tyler

I didn't put Jackson in there casue I seriously do not like him and hope he isn't around long.
His demeanor and attitude are negative and he thinks he is way better then he is.
He has talent, but that is spoiled by his bad personality.

I would love to trade him for Andre Blatche of the washington wizards. They have been wanting to get rid of him, would they take Jackson back who has less years on his contract? I doubt it, but if you could manage that somehow, that would make the trade a whole lot easier to swollow.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball