What's the deal with Tyler?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 pm
TRON wrote:I don't now if anybody keeping an eye on the kid but he is doing well. He must get his rebound up, and for the moment he is fouling to often in his eagerness to defend, but boy can he score at both PF and Center positions.
I would prefer personally to send AB to Dleague and recall Tyler to be my backup center. I believe AB will never get out of the misery he is in without playing time. Playing 30+ minutes may get him going again. If not send him away, he is a dead waste.

Looks like you were on to something.
They just recalled Tyler. Would like to see him get the backup mins that beans got. 10-15 a night.
Sending Beans to D-League would be a greate idea. Maybe he will start trying. He seems happy to just wander around on the court.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Tyler-recalled-could-take-Biedrins-playi?blockID=664310&feedID=2799

The Warriors have recalled forward/center Jeremy Tyler from the Dakota Wizards of the D-League, the team announced.

Tyler averaged 15.6 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 29 minutes in five games with Dakota. He had played just 14 games for the Warriors, averaging 4.6 minutes per game, before being assigned to the Wizards on Feb. 27.

The table seems set for Tyler’s role to grow with Golden State now that he's back. Warriors coach Mark Jackson recently replaced center Andris Biedrins in the starting lineup with Ekpe Udoh.

Biedrins has been ineffectual for much of the season, and it seems possible Tyler could at least push Biedrins for minutes at the backup five spot. At the very least, Tyler’s return will give the team more depth up front.

The Warriors play the Memphis Grizzlies at Oracle Arena on Wednesday.

Read more: Tyler recalled, could take Biedrins' playing time
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm
Stoked.

It's a losing year; platoon him and Udoh and use these minutes for growing pains. Tyler is a potential starting center; huge, athletic, and talented.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 pm
From the Warriors team report on Yahoo sports:
"Has anyone noticed the Warriors appear to have the next Jeremy Lin on their roster?

Check out the similarities between Lin and Jeremy Tyler:

Each was signed to a two-year contract (Lin in 2010, Tyler in 2011) as a relative unknown.

Each made the Warriors' opening-night roster.

Each languished on the bench early in his rookie season.

Each was sent to the NBA Developmental League, where each quickly demonstrated he has NBA-level ability.

Each then returned to the Warriors, only to languish on the bench again.

That's where Tyler is today, having averaged 15.6 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots in his recent five-game stint for the Dakota Wizards. The young big man got six generally meaningless minutes of activity in Wednesday's blowout loss to Memphis.

Lin, of course, went on to … make two more trips to the D-League last season before finishing up an undistinguished rookie campaign on the Warriors' bench. He was ticketed for a similar role this season before being waived as the Warriors were pinching pennies in an effort to sign DeAndre Jordan.

Lin was last seen with the Knicks, where he was joining a mix that included Mike Bibby and Baron Davis. Good luck with that.

Given the Warriors' history of uncovering diamonds in the rough—Gilbert Arenas, Monta Ellis and Lin to name a few—NBA teams would be wise to scout Tyler on his next venture to the Great North."

What should we do if we where wise?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 pm
If we were wise??

If we were wise, we'd count our losses on another lackluster, playoff-less season and play Thompson, Jenkins, Udoh, AND Tyler as often as we could to see what we have.

But what are we gonna do in real life? That's another story...
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:01 am
Check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BKrjMGnbTQ

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 pm
I've come to call these videos AR-hype (as in "Anthony Randolph" who had an equally impressive highlight reel of practice squad jams). So far, Tyler's asset has been his work ethic and energy. Let's hope those attitude issues don't resurface with a lack of playing time.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:55 pm
This trade also is making it sure that Tyler is going to play quite a lot more minutes per game. Starting tonight.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm
This is Golden state. Where midgets playing center happens.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm
I just can't believe Mark jackson would put AB out there, and it proves to me he is a stubborn coach. I hope Mark Jackson coaching improves by next year and I mean leaps and bounds. What kind of message Mark Jackson is sending to Tyler "I'm going to put a 7 ft with no will to play effective basketball ahead of a person who wants try to play well even through mistakes". Isn't Mark Jackson contradicting himself can't coach effort and passion. Is Mark Jackson listening to what he is saying, because AB has no effort and passion in playing basketball. If Mark Jackson is a good coach let Jeremy Tyler play through his mistakes and learn in real game situations to adjust.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:53 am
The only disappointing thing in last nights game. And in 3min he got 5pts and 3rbs. I can't understand. I really can't.
I am starting to believe it is something personal. We play the rest of the rookies but not Tyler even though we only have 3 bigs right now. It is a mater of time before the kid gets frustrated and give up or do something stupid. He is 22 years old. I am 45 and i say in his place i would be steaming and insulted. Not only for this game but mostly for the game we played Mcguire center. That is downright insulting.I like Mcguire. I was the one i said i wanted him starter. But as a SF. NOT PF, NOT CENTER.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:46 am
I would love to see more Tyler too. I know he makes mistakes but he can play through it. It has to be someting we don't see... something in practice that makes him limit his time. Remember, it is not just Jackson, it is the whole coaching staff that makes these decisions. Jackson doesn't do anythign without listening to his staff...
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:14 pm
Over the last 8 games or so Tyler has really shown alot!! Early on in the season with the limited minutes & oppourtunity he was pressing & out of sync trying to fit in, had a bad case of fumbleitis.. But now he's making himself available catching the ball, throwing it down with authority, has shown patience in the block, nice up & under, good touch around the rim for put backs & shown a couple different ways he can use his speed and athletic ability with his spin move. also has a nice face up & fade jump shot for a big!! With his size, abilitys, motor & the hard work he's been willing to put in this kid is going to be dam good :D
I think Mark Jackson has been the perfect Coach for J.T. & having a healthy Bogut is going to also help his development in alot of ways too but I would like to see the Warriors hire a Big Man Coach to help him out!!

What Up 32, good to see you back on, I bounced when you bounced!! Glad to see the board is alive & I'm still a True Warrior Fan...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:01 pm
Whattup OG! How you been broe?? :D We miss your analysis badly on here. Did you hit summer league again this year?
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball