The Welcome ANDREW BOGUT Thread!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:54 pm
PAWNO wrote:I am stoked being the resident Aussie & All.

If that was of any value, then I could say I'm happy as well, because his origins are from ex Yugoslavia, and I could probably talk to him on my mother language. ::razz: ::lol:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:58 pm
Bob Fitzgerald is going to cry himself to sleep tonight with no Monta :)
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm
Yet another horrible trade in the annals of warrior erases...I am done with this team...I want the last thirty years, of my life back.
This season is not a flop.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:25 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Yet another horrible trade in the annals of warrior erases...I am done with this team...I want the last thirty years, of my life back.

Oh, come on now. I'm not thrilled either, yet, but I'm not gonna quit on Warriors without at least giving this trade a chance.

This might turn out to be a really good trade. There's quite a few things that need to happen that would help. Our key guys staying healthy and that top 7 draft pick wouldn't be a bad thing either.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm
Also, I read on Twitter (forgot whose) that Warriors are looking to deal Jackson right away, and are fielding options.

EDIT: It was Kawakami's tweet, and he also said that Dorell wanted to be in the deal, and is unhappy that he wasn't...
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:37 pm
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 pm
The only sure thing is that another trade is imminent. This trade is weird. We will be ok next year. Plus we have the chance to play Tyler and Klay this year to see what they can do. We have 3 active bigs in our Roster right now. AB (lets say that he is active), Lee and Tyler. So the logical thing is to trade for a big man. Of course this is the Warriors and we may decide to play Mcgee at PF all year. A scenario made in hell.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm
like someone mentioned earlier: too much risk without a reward. an old ass problematic jackson with an injured bogut. udoh and kwame were both showing bright spots while bogut and jackson haven't lately. i'd much rather give away less and receive someone like a kris humphries who essentially is producing the same as bogut. this team is now being lead by a 23 year old injury prone point guard.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:46 pm
Agreed with everyone - too much. A guaranteed talent + a cheap potential role player(I'm not big on Udoh) + expiring for a guaranteed talent and a cancer. Bucks had the upper hand. Monta must have been really pressing behind the scenes to get out of here. I guess good on him and good on his people for not letting it get too public.

BUT I'm super excited about a Bogut and Lee front court. It's going to be fun to watch.

And I'm pretending Jackson is not involved in the trade.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm
f1n3 wrote:And I'm pretending Jackson is not involved in the trade.

The best sentence of the night! :D :)

And I knew you're gonna move that post of yours here, cause I wanted to quote it on that trade Monta thread, but when I clicked "quote", most of it was deleted. ::lol:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm
The best thing about this website is that at least I know that I'm not alone in my misery. Warrior Fans are resilient though and loyal as all hell. I've gotten texts from people I haven't spoke to in a while, mostly because everyone remembers the loud boisterous Warrior Fan.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:22 pm
WarriorJoe wrote:The best thing about this website is that at least I know that I'm not alone in my misery. Warrior Fans are resilient though and loyal as all hell. I've gotten texts from people I haven't spoke to in a while, mostly because everyone remembers the loud boisterous Warrior Fan.

Especially when surrounded by Laker fans :banghead:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 pm
WarriorJoe wrote:The best thing about this website is that at least I know that I'm not alone in my misery. Warrior Fans are resilient though and loyal as all hell. I've gotten texts from people I haven't spoke to in a while, mostly because everyone remembers the loud boisterous Warrior Fan.

At least it's always nice to see how big of a fans are Warriors fans.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 pm
hobbes wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
hobbes wrote:I think it's too much, but happy with Bogut and happy that the Curry/Ellis background is finally no longer. It's proven that was not going to work. I am really bummed about losing Udoh.

agreed. I feel we could have gotten more... heck, even a first round pick from milwaukee would have been fairer (if we were to include udoh).

I keep hoping once this is all official, we have Milwaukee's #1 coming to us. I am sure it's wishful thinking.

The one other thing to consider with this is without Monta/Udoh and Bogut, there's a very good chance we tank back into the Top 7 and keep our pick this year.

I agree with you guys for sure.

I do think change was needed and Bogut, should he not pan out, will always get alot back in a trade.

I just don't think Udoh was ever going to be much, a role player at best. Kwame was nothing more than a short term attempted help at Center and he has been a bust his whole career.

Monta this season does more than Bogut, but some of the trades I've heard the last year or so for Monta have been worse than this one. It would have been good to get back the Bucks 1st rounder or even another big they've got, but in all, this is a good trade that might make the team better, might not also, but likely might improve the team, allowing options in getting another very good SG, either through another trade or free agency, and the team getting better.

The team will lose alot for the rest of the season, with injuries to some of the main players, like Curry and Bogut, but that's such a good thing in the fact the team could keep their pick in the top 7 and that itself could add another great talent and the team could become a very good one straight away next season.

This was a good move for now. SJack should be traded in the offseason, as an attractive expirer, getting back a lottery pick or another very good player. The team got a top 5 or so big in Bogut and now can add quality smalls which are much easier to do than bigs.

Just add, I'd trade Lee and DWright for PGasol if the Lakers would do that trade. PGasol is just three years older than Lee and does more, especially defensively being the major difference. Next to Bogut, that'd be a great big duo, similar to what Lakers have right now with PGasol and Bynum.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Yet another horrible trade in the annals of warrior erases...I am done with this team...I want the last thirty years, of my life back.

:mrgreen:
hahaha, it has been bad all this time

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball