San Franciso 49ers thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:43 pm
hobbes wrote:I got 15 people coming over to my house today, and I have no interest in watching the game. I am still bitter. We should be in Indy right
now.

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 pm
hobbes wrote:I got 15 people coming over to my house today, and I have no interest in watching the game. I am still bitter. We should be in Indy right now.

Yup, I don't want either team to win and the better NFC team is not representing the conference. With that said, I think the giants may stand a better change of beating the pats than we would have - their pass rush is going to disrupt Brady more and that will be the key since they don't care about running the ball at all.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:37 pm
PAWNO wrote:
hobbes wrote:I got 15 people coming over to my house today, and I have no interest in watching the game. I am still bitter. We should be in Indy right
now.

I wanna be mad at that gif, but when I recall the horrible season the raiders had, I feel fine about it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:07 pm
Too right JREED. niners had the far superior season. You were a injury to a starter away from making the big dance... but that .GIF is too good to ignore.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm
PAWNO wrote:Too right JREED. niners had the far superior season. You were a injury to a starter away from making the big dance... but that .GIF is too good to ignore.

Yeah, its even funnier considering who it is. I'm extra defensive because the bitter reality just set in last night - it took a while but damn am I bitter. Kyle mother f'n Williams... :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm
BTW... Congrats to Jim Harbaugh winning coach of the year.

It would be interesting to see if any other rookie HC has had that kind of impact & won the award in his 1st season.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:04 pm
According to Adam Schefter we've signed Randy Moss to a 1 year deal.

I didn't expect that, to be honest.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 pm
yeah, pretty crazy. I hope it wasn't for much and he can keep his mouth shut. He was productive and a good teammate in NE and we seem to have a strong team first mentality so I don't think he'll cause any problems. Just got to get Alex signed now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm
High Risk / High Reward

Could be a locker room killer waiting to happen if Alex Smith cant get him the ball. it takes a extremely good QB for this guy to produce (Culpepper early 2000's/Brady late 2000's)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 pm
PAWNO wrote:High Risk / High Reward

Could be a locker room killer waiting to happen if Alex Smith cant get him the ball. it takes a extremely good QB for this guy to produce (Culpepper early 2000's/Brady late 2000's)

Right on time with the 9er hate pawndawg. 1 year isn't high risk and ask Braylon Edwards what Harbaugh and Co. do with less-than-model teammates.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:40 pm
Not hating bro.

Did use the phrase 'Could be' as in it's possible going on Randy Moss history in Oakland, Minesota 2nd time & Tennessee.

i dont think Randy Moss has much room on that leash. If he stuffs up then he's cut & we revert back to Alex Smith to Vernon Davis on gameday.

Think you guys would of been better served going after Marques Colston who can run routes other then straight ahead.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 am
I don't think the risk is high. Its a one year deal. If harbaugh has even a tiny problem with moss, he will get cut. Simple as that.

The reward can be huge if we see the randy moss of old (or something similar to it). My guess is that he won't do much on this team, and be ineffective (ala brandon edwards).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:37 pm
Who names their child Shawntae? SMH.

Just looking for a review on the raiders signing Shawntae Spencer (former 9er CB)

is he any good? He was cut recently by Harbaugh but I wonder if it was a talent cut or a knucklehead cut.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm
BTW quick reality check on your Qb position.

Payton Manning dogging ya and choosing the Broncos is a blessing in disguise as Alex Smith will feel unwanted and sign with the Dolphins (hopefully) & you can progress to the Kaepernick era sooner.

CK (Kaepernick)looked raw last preseason but that was due to no preseason ect. he really is the better athlete out of the two. if you saw the progression that Harbaugh did with Alex Smith, just wait til you see Harbaigh work his magic with a true NFL specimen.

I think Kapernick will be a poor mans Cam Newton (will be able to scramble and throw the passes)
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm
PAWNO wrote:Who names their child Shawntae? SMH.

Just looking for a review on the raiders signing Shawntae Spencer (former 9er CB)

is he any good? He was cut recently by Harbaugh but I wonder if it was a talent cut or a knucklehead cut.

He was good prior to the arrival of Jim Harbaugh. He was our starter, and when we played Arizona he was the one that guarded Fitz, and the biggest thing is that he actually managed to reduce Fitz's impact on the game. I heard also that Shawntae and Fitzgerlad are friends as well.

I don't know why he was in Harbaugh's doghouse, I was curious about that all season long, and still can't see a reason why. Maybe he just wanted to go with younger guys.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board