Sources: Dwight Howard staying put, Monta Ellis to Magic?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:33 pm
As much as I would like to see us tank, get a lottery pick, shut down Curry for the season, and deal with Curry/Ellis this summer, I have a feeling Lacob and Co. want to make BIG changes by this week's trade deadline.

Just saw this on realgm.com http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... _Discussed

"The Magic, Warriors and Hornets are in discussions on a three-team trade, two league sources confirmed.
Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins and Dorell Wright would be sent by the Warriors to the Magic.
Ryan Anderson, J.J. Redick, Hedo Turkoglu and Quentin Richardson would be the main outgoing pieces from Orlando.
The Hornets' exact involvement is unclear, but believed to be centered around Chris Kaman.
No trade is imminent but talks are ongoing say sources."

Have to wait and see who we're getting back in return to grade the deal...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:08 pm
If we get Kaman and Anderson or Redicki like it. trade Curry for Rondo and the Play-offs is yours. Keep Curry and if he gets healthy some time you will also be ok, if not ....

If we get Turkoglu i don't like it i would prefer going for a center in free agency next summer.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:33 pm
I guess some kind of a trade is imminent at this point. What our head coach and FO promised to the fans this season is not in our reach, so they feel like they have to make some changes. And it's not like we didn't have the same results as we do now with pretty much the same core of players. So, something obviously has to be done.

I'm aware that we won't get any of the superstars. And, because of that, I wouldn't mind making a change like this, just to see if we can do better than what we have now. If not, start from scratch next year.

I wouldn't mind this trade if we could get Kaman (which I'm not a big fan of, but he's the only center in discussion there), Redick and possibly Anderson. That would be really nice package. Something Denver got out of New York, at least close to it. But I'm thinking they will give us Hedo, because we are shedding Beans' contract as well. And I can't say I like Hedo and his big contract.

At least something exciting is going to happen for us fans.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:56 pm
Hmmm...
C- C. Kaman
F- D. Lee
F- R. Anderson
G- K. Thompson/ J. Redick
G- S. Curry

The Warriors might become one of the whitest teams in the league...lol
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:42 pm
If such a trade happened and it was as a couple of you here have already stated, with Monta, AB and DWright going, Kaman and either RAnderson or Reddick coming here, I'm all for it and that'd look like a coup right now. Kaman is a very good Center that does the things a Center has to do, the only thing is that he'd have to resign or this would be a disaster of a trade.

Wonder if Dwight would stay in Orlando then, as Monta would give them another very good player that complements him well. They find a way to add Deron and that team is competing with the Heat talent wise

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:22 pm
wow, that would be the worst trade in league history in my opinion.

None of those pieces we get back are worth giving up our leading scorer and only person who can create a play. JJ redick, nice shooter but can't create, Anderson... nice shooter but can't create, and we have Lee at 4. Anderson cannot guard the 3. Kaman, is the only one who might be able to create for himself, but we could get him in FA if we wanted. All this, just to get rid of Beans and Wright?

No thx. I would rather keep them and let them expire or trade them next year.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 pm
The worst thing in all of this is that we have a lot of young talent but FO is set on following the Maverics path to success. I am afraid that we are going to see our young players becoming stars somewhere else. If Tyler can't find a real chance in this roster he will never find it with Kaman on board. FO want to win now and the hell with our future. That is the Maverics path. On a roster screaming for the Thunders path.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 pm
Oh and by the way if i was Tyler and watched McGee playing center with me on the bench i wouldn't be giving **** for this team. Because my team says to me i am worthless and i can except it and quit basket to became a raper or not except it and wait until i am free or traded. And i can't figure out how did we come to the conclusion that this kid is worthless so fast.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 pm
Not to mention i want to throw up every time i read the phrase "small ball" in a Warriors article. That Nellie guy is out but his curse seems that will never leave us.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 am
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219756/Dwight_Howard_Confirms_Hell_Sign_Opt_In_Before_Deadline

Dwight Howard Confirms He'll Sign Opt-In Before Deadline

Dwight Howard has confirmed that he will opt-in for the 12-13 season in an exclusive interview with RealGM's Jarrod Rudolph.

Howard will formally sign the paperwork in the morning on Thursday.

"My soul, everything I have is in Orlando. I just can't leave it behind."

Over the course of Wednesday, Howard appeared to be indecisive on his wishes for the 12-13 season in the face of a possible trade from the Magic. The organization informed Howard they would seek a trade if he couldn't give them an assurance of his desire to remain beyond the current season.

"I have gotten some bad advice," said Howard. "I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn't deserve none of this."
Via Jarrod Rudolph/RealGM

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

If this really is true, Dwight has commited to staying in Orlando for one more season. Must have been his conscience that got to him, not wanting to be the bad guy that left his current team with nothing, like Shaq did to them sixteen years ago.

Magic should really trade this offseason and take time to get something good. Either that or get some real good players to put next to Dwight.

Wonder what Deron Williams is thinking right now? He probably thought Dwight would have joined him in New Jersey. Maybe Dwight and Deron talked and Deron said he'd go to Orlando.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:34 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Amnra0hGkaZ5FpWAQM28y0S8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_031412

Dwight Howard staying with Magic

Dwight Howard will remain with the Orlando Magic for at least one more season after formally waiving the early termination option in his contract, team officials told Yahoo! Sports.

Howard’s decision is a big victory for the Magic and capped a wild week that saw Howard flip-flop about his future intentions until the final hours before the NBA’s trade deadline. By waiving the option, Howard will remain under contract with the Magic through the 2012-13 season and postpone his free agency for at least one more summer.

Way back in training camp, Howard had asked the Magic to trade him and gave them three preferred destinations: the New Jersey Nets, Dallas Mavericks or Los Angeles Lakers. The Nets had always ranked first on Howard’s list, league sources said, until he started second-guessing his desire to leave Orlando.

After Howard repeatedly changed his mind Wednesday on whether to sign a waiver for his contract’s early termination option for the 2012-13 season – he told Magic officials he would be back next season then told them later in the day he wouldn’t commit to signing the waiver, allowing him to enter free agency on July 1 – he delivered a late-night interview to a basketball website that incredibly reversed course again.

Howard told RealGM he would sign the paperwork for the waiver to remain with the Magic through the 2012-13 season and forgo free agency.

“Man, listen, you know my heart, my soul and everything I have is in Orlando,” Howard told RealGM. “I just can’t leave it behind.”

Howard also said in the interview that he had received “bad advice” in the weeks leading up to the trade deadline.

“I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city,” he said. “They didn’t deserve none of this.”

Several of Howard’s advisers and other members of his inner circle were unaware of his change of heart until early Thursday morning.

Prior to Howard’s interview, the Magic hurriedly explored the trade options for their All-Star center and engaged the New Jersey Nets on a potential blockbuster deal, sources said. The Magic weren’t willing to end trade discussions until Howard made a commitment to stay long-term with the franchise. They fear losing him in free agency without receiving any real compensation. Orlando officials weren’t expected to suspend trade talks until Howard followed through with his pledge to sign the waiver form.

As one Western Conference executive told Yahoo! Sports. “This is a historic debacle.”

After telling reporters Tuesday night that he hoped to remain with the Magic through the end of the season, Howard reiterated the same message to teammates at a meeting in San Antonio on Wednesday. Howard told teammates that he was “all in” for the rest of the season then proceeded to tell each player what he needed to do for the Magic to win the championship this season, three players told Y! Sports. Howard didn’t commit in the meeting to staying beyond this season.

Howard later had lunch with three teammates in which he told them he planned to opt into the final year of his contract and would remain with the team through next season, a league source said. Howard called Magic CEO Alex Martins from the table and also informed him of his intentions, the source said.

For Howard to eliminate the early termination option from his contract, both he and his agent, Dan Fegan, had to sign waiver paperwork. Before the Magic’s loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday, Howard told team officials he wouldn’t be signing the forms.

“Dwight doesn’t want to be the bad guy,” one source involved in the process said of Howard’s past 24 hours. “He doesn’t want to be unpopular. He flaked out.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

It's official, Dwight is staying in Orlando for another year. Interesting to see what moves they make to improve around him

Return to Trades