The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:04 am
Guybrush wrote:I don't see Colts as a crazy team. They are cutting ties with Manning's guys, and are making room for Luck to develop his team. Anyway, those players are already old, they would just get them maybe couple more wins, which would end up costing them high draft pick, and a new weapon for Luck. And pretty much all of them are under performing, Addai can't return to his best year's form, Freeney wasn't good last season, Clark also wasn't great, and they all have problems with injuries.

They are starting from scratch, and keeping just guys who played well and weren't injured a lot.

So, I would say it's either Jets or Redskins, it's really hard to decide at this point.

I completely agree... The colts are making logical moves based on their situation. They have a GM who looks like he has the future in mind. Unlike the other two teams, which are ruining their future with bad decisions.

I say Washington is making the worst decision. 4 high draft picks is a lot. If RG3 is a bust, it will set their franchise back another 3-5 years. If sanchez screws up, you can always cut him. Yes, the cap will hurt even more, but at least he wil be gone.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:21 am
Can I vote for the 49ers for not going after Manning? I like Alex Smith, and I think he's developing into a halfway-decent QB, but this is Peyton Manning for crying out loud. Eddie D would have flown him in on his private jet last week and not let him leave the facility until he signed.

Otherwise I vote for the Jets. Though after seeing the numbers, Sanchez extension is more like a salary cap restructure, anything that gives him more money is just plain stupid.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:38 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Time to vote for the craziest team in the week:

A. Colts- for cutting their key players (plus putting the rest on the trading block)
B. Washington- for giving 3 first round picks (including a 6th overall), 1 second round pick for this years 2nd overall
C. New York Jets- for extending Mark Sanchez 3 more years (he still had 2 years left).

B - Redskins are insane, that's just waaaay too much to give up. I guess Manning did them a favor by declaring so early on that he wasn't interested in them. Peyton to the Broncos is interesting, just as long as it isn't the cards.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:11 am
JREED wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Time to vote for the craziest team in the week:

A. Colts- for cutting their key players (plus putting the rest on the trading block)
B. Washington- for giving 3 first round picks (including a 6th overall), 1 second round pick for this years 2nd overall
C. New York Jets- for extending Mark Sanchez 3 more years (he still had 2 years left).

B - Redskins are insane, that's just waaaay too much to give up. I guess Manning did them a favor by declaring so early on that he wasn't interested in them. Peyton to the Broncos is interesting, just as long as it isn't the cards.

Manning is my favorite QB... him going to the broncos would suck.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 pm
Mario Williams just signed with the BILLS

Damn.. I don't know how to process the AFC EAST if Peyton Manning ends up there. I'd enjoy it cause Brady is good enough to keep that team competitive & the big loser in all of this would be Mark Sanchez who I believe would struggle having a Peyton & a Mario Williams in his same division.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:22 pm
Peyton is going to the Titans, I'm quite sure about that. Miami is already asking about Flynn.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:48 pm
Yeah, looks like Miami is out. Tenn is probably the favorite though I am not counting out Denver yet. I would be really surprised if he went to Arizona.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:37 am
Looks like Denver might be the favorite for Manning now.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 am
They say he's going to talk again with the Broncos, and with the Titans as well. So, it's a coin toss between those two teams, in my opinion.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:13 am
ESPN reporting 49ers are third time in on Manning. Harbaugh and crew flew to NC to watch him throw yesterday and Manning took physical. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:11 pm
hobbes wrote:ESPN reporting 49ers are third time in on Manning. Harbaugh and crew flew to NC to watch him throw yesterday and Manning took physical. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

SI_PeterKing: RT @MikeKlis: Broncos meeting with Peyton Manning, offering roughly $90 million over 5 years ... Re-calibrating first report.

Looks like a false hope... Sounds like he is sitting down with the Donkeys & crunching numbers.

I wonder if the Peyton Manning workout was a bluff to get Alex Smith to sign at less dollars?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:57 pm
PAWNO wrote:
hobbes wrote:ESPN reporting 49ers are third time in on Manning. Harbaugh and crew flew to NC to watch him throw yesterday and Manning took physical. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

SI_PeterKing: RT @MikeKlis: Broncos meeting with Peyton Manning, offering roughly $90 million over 5 years ... Re-calibrating first report.

Looks like a false hope... Sounds like he is sitting down with the Donkeys & crunching numbers.

I wonder if the Peyton Manning workout was a bluff to get Alex Smith to sign at less dollars?

why would they keep in under wraps all week if that was the case? They met on Tuesday. Too many different reports out there right now and as always the "pundits" have nothing to offer but TMZ like reporting and conjecture.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:09 pm
JREED wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

why would they keep in under wraps all week if that was the case? They met on Tuesday. Too many different reports out there right now and as always the "pundits" have nothing to offer but TMZ like reporting and conjecture.

Well they talked money & it appears that Payton has yet to sign with the Broncos... By my indication it could mean he is leaning to Titans or Niners.

I don't know why they would slow leak a story to hurry up the process to sign Alex Smith... I guess they are genuinely interested in Payton Manning & if he says yes then they will be quick to turn their back on Alex.

But it all depends how it plays out... If Manning is in play but is leaning to Titans/Broncos then the Niners could potentially play Alex Smith at the right time and say "Sign now" or otherwise it's Payton.

But I could see Alex Smith signing with the Broncos (if Payton ends up a Niner) because yet again Elway is prepared to throw Tebow under the bus for the 2nd straight offseason
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 pm
PAWNO wrote:
JREED wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

Well they talked money & it appears that Payton has yet to sign with the Broncos... By my indication it could mean he is leaning to Titans or Niners.

I don't know why they would slow leak a story to hurry up the process to sign Alex Smith... I guess they are genuinely interested in Payton Manning & if he says yes then they will be quick to turn their back on Alex.

But it all depends how it plays out... If Manning is in play but is leaning to Titans/Broncos then the Niners could potentially play Alex Smith at the right time and say "Sign now" or otherwise it's Payton.

But I could see Alex Smith signing with the Broncos (if Payton ends up a Niner) because yet again Elway is prepared to throw Tebow under the bus for the 2nd straight offseason

If Alex doesn't sign with the 9ers, he's gonna go to the Seahaggs - I love that they are being disrespected by every QB and gonna be left with scraps.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:32 am
JREED wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
JREED wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

If Alex doesn't sign with the 9ers, he's gonna go to the Seahaggs - I love that they are being disrespected by every QB and gonna be left with scraps.

If I were Peyton, you have to sign with the 49ers. It is clearly the best option. You have a chance of winning a ring or 2. Have a legitimate running game, great TE (two musts for manning), and a defense that is coached well.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board